“Nothing special but an ok place” 3 of 5 stars

Quality Inn & Suites
1116 Highway 68, I-75, Exit 60, Sweetwater, TN 37874   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Sweetwater
Midland, GA
“Nothing special but an ok place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2007

We spent 3 nights in this hotel right after Thanksgiving. One reason we chose it is because their website claimed it was adjacent to a Cracker Barrel restaurant. When we checked in we asked where the Cracker Barrel was and we were told it had closed and moved to Athens, TN!

Our check in was less than friendly...the gal at the desk didn't seem overly happy to be there on Thanksgiving and never wished us a happy holiday. She seemed to be going out of her way to provide information on places to eat when I asked her what was available. Also, she only keyed our cards for one night and the next evening when we returned to our room the door would not open so we had to return to the front desk to have the cards re-activated.

Our room had plenty of space and was clean - but the heat never worked it only blew out cold air. The shower curtain was very moldy along the bottom edges, we had to go down to the front desk to ask for kleenex. The bed was made daily, but I doubt the bath tub was cleaned because I went to take a bath and there was hair in it from the morning when hubby took his shower. I didn't mind rinsing it out myself, but I assumed the tub should be scoured out daily when it is being used.

The free breakfast was ok; we enjoyed the yogurt, biscuits and coffee. It was also nice that we had a small frig and microwave in our room to use for fast meals.

Would we stay here again...probably not because for $80/night I think we would try somewhere else and hope for heat, a clean bath tub and a clean shower curtain.

I know these are all minor peeves, but they do add up and that is what makes me rate it only a 3 - should really be a 2.5!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
dayton,ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2007

This hotel was very clean and nice. Right now they are in the process of remodeling but it did not bother us. The heater in the pool was out but none of the kids seemed to mind. The breakfest was prettty good it was hot and had make your own waffles. This is a nice and quiet location. I never heard a sound all night.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2005

The hotel upon entrance had a very clean smell. Our room was very very clean. It had a frig twice the size of most hotels. There was cameras in the pool area & hallways for that extra feeling of security. The pool was a good size & very clean. The breakfast was much much better than most with gravy & biscuits, sausage & eggs, waffles, different flavors of tea available, just about everything offered in a simple hot morning breakfast. The juices were good, not watered down. In the dining area was a large size TV that you could watch while having your breakfast.
The staff was very pleasant & nice. If ever back in the area I will be staying @ the Quality Inn & suites. Sore 1-10 with 10 been the best I give a 9

• Stayed September 2005
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2005

This place was a great place to stay. The motel offered alot of thing for the money. They also had a HOT breakfast that was an added bonus. I would reccommend this hotel very highly. Also as an added bonus they accept pets for an additional fee.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!