“Perfect after a 12 hour drive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   249 Hwy 68 I-75 Exit 60, Sweetwater, TN 37874 (Formerly Econo Lodge West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Sweetwater
Toronto, Canada
“Perfect after a 12 hour drive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

After a 12 hour drive and another 10 hours drive the next day, us young seniors needed a well managed, hassle free, overnight budget hotel. All the surprises were pleasant. The gentlemen that managed the check in, appeared experienced, organized and efficient in meeting our needs. The room was just right with all the amenities we needed, plenty of towels, quiet and clean. We got to use the whirlpool, to get the kinks out after the long drive. The pool was clean, but too cool for us.The morning breakfast included hot instant cereals, biscuits and gravy, but we appreciated the fresh fruit and yogourt even more.
There is a gas station beside the hotel . Since we were from Canada we could not use our credit card; (no ZIP code).There was little flexibility other than guessing how much to buy with cash. Fortunately, the station closer to the highway, was more customer friendly and held our card while we filled up.

We will keep this place in mind should we ever need a sleep spot that provides efficient, done right the first time service. Please keep up the good work and high standards; a challenge that too many worn out hotels struggle with.

Room Tip: Since this hotel does not hug the Interstate, all rooms should be noise free. The choice of room con...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
usha k, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your resent stay with us! It is so nice to hear one of our employees complimented , it truly means a great deal to us, and to employees.

I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to post such a pleasant review of our hotel. We look forward to your return, we do thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Spring Grove, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed 1 night at Econolodge West and left several garmets in a hanging bag behind. I called the hotel the next day and was told the cleaning people didn't turn anything in - nothing was found left behind in our room. When we left the hotel we traveled directly home. We did not have our hanging garments (coats, dress, sweater) when we arrived. I called the hotel a few times and the "manager" who answers the phone never allowed me to leave a message nor take a message for the property owner whose name, she said, was "Mr. Mystery" about our loss. How could cleaning crew miss the garments when cleaning the room? Someone took possession of our garments. You should know this as there is a problem with truth somewhere here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
usha k, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Sorry for inconvenience we did not find any thing from the room .You call and talk to manager we again review your complaint but we did not find any thing. Again sorry for inconvenience. Next time we will try our best.
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Was in the area to ride the Smoky Mountains in my motorcycle. Stayed three days, friendly service, clean facility, will stay again when I return to the area. It had a pool and hot tub that was clean and well maintained.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
usha k, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
We are so pleased you chose to stay at our Econolodge Westbon your recent trip to Sweetwater Thank you posting a review for our hotel, we appreciate the extra effort this takes.

We realize how many choices you have when traveling to I 75, we are grateful you chose us. We do hope you will return to see us again soon!
Grand Haven, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

What matters to me? Clean rooms, no 'smoking' or other lingering odors, good showers with plenty of water pressure and clean shower heads, comfortable clean beds, a decent tv and good wireless. And mostly...CLEAN! And a decent price. This motel has all that, and nice service personnel, to boot. I would come back.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
usha k, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
We are so pleased you chose to stay at our Econo lodge West on your recent trip to Sweetwater TN.. Thank you posting a review for our hotel, we appreciate the extra effort this takes.

We realize how many choices you have when traveling to I 75 we are grateful you chose us. We do hope you will return to see us again soon!
Perkinston, MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Attention! Some people accidentally write a review for the other Econo Lodge right down the road which is totally different from this one and no where near the same quality so be aware of which one you are wanting the review for. This is the one right when you exit I-75 onto New Hwy 68.

We stayed at this hotel on our way home from Northern Virginia back to the Mississippi Gulf Coast and I must say I was instantly impressed at the very nice staff, the price was nice at around $70 plus taxes for a double queen room. All the rooms are non smoking which is great! Our room was very clean & neat, it smelled fresh and the beds were very nice and cozy. It was quiet and we had everything we needed. The only complaint I have is about the internet, it worked great as soon as we connected but within about 10 minutes it was intermittent throughout the entire stay, connecting and disconnecting frequently, signal loss and signal gain within 10-20 minute intervals which made it hard to conduct important business. I told the front desk and she just said "Should be working fine." I stated it wasn't and she just shrugged her shoulders. No biggie, I just finished up when I arrived home. It wasn't an error on my part, I'm actually a Networking Specialist/IT and offered to check it out for free and she politely refused.
The breakfast was average with the typical continental breakfast items, no complaints.
They have indoor pool and jacuzzi which was very nice and clean, I relaxed in the jacuzzi to ease the stress of a long 10 hour drive and it was very nice. They also have a small exercise room as well. I do recommend this hotel to anyone, I'd stay here again for sure. Sweetwater, TN seems like a nice little quiet town with nice people. Give it a shot if you're on the road in this area. 9 out of 10 for an Economy Hotel.

Mike R, Mississippi Gulf Coast

Room Tip: Room 123 is in the perfect location if you like privacy, easy access to the lobby, pool, mini gym an...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
usha k, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review. This mean a lot to Me and all My Staff. We just did 100% renovation on this property. Please visit us next time when you are in this area and again thanks a lot for review on tripadvisor. Sorry the internet was not working fast that was your complaint but every one this days are no internet and when they downloading it get slow but again sorry for inconvinece for internet we will work on it.We realy happy that you enjoy your stay.Thanks
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were traveling to New Orleans and, as much as he wanted to drive straight through, we needed to stop. We got the last room and everything was wonderful!Friendly staff-- even in the middle of the night. Clean, comfortable rooms. Pet friendly! Perfect roadside stop.

• Stayed March 2013
usha k, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review. This mean a lot to Me and all My Staff. We just did 100% renovation on this property. Please visit us next time when you are in this area and again thanks a lot for review on tripadvisor. We love pets.
Canal Winchester, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Econo Lodge West was not much to look at from the outside. Reminded me of places I stayed in in the 80s. However once we walked in through the front doors we instantly saw potential. The entire place had a makeover and the staff was super friendly. We were only lookin for a place to stay for just one night and the price was just right. To our astonishment when we got to the room it also had a complete makeover. Place was exceptionally clean. Beds were new. Very pleasent place to stay especially for the price. Not a lot of selection in this area. This is the best value you will get for the price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
usha k, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, February 7, 2013

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!