“Bed bugs, run away, awwww bed bugs!!!” 2 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 - Sweetwater to your Saves list
Super 8 - Sweetwater
1421 Murray's Chapel Rd, Sweetwater, TN 37874   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Sweetwater
“Bed bugs, run away, awwww bed bugs!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011 via mobile

Me and my was on a family vacation and was tired of driving, so we stopped here for the night( should of just kept driving). First off when we got to the room we took advantage of the pool so when I got back I wanted to wash the chlorine out of my clothes so I turned the sink on and bam brown muddy water that ran bout 5 min till it cleared. The buffet was great. But when went to retire after a long day i layed down with my year and a half son and i looked down and there it was, a bed bug crawling on my son and i killed bout 7 before i went to front desk and after fighting for awhile we got a new room and no reimbursement at all after moving all our stuff at 1am, all the manger could say is she wouldn't do anything so if u like bugs eating you in ur sleep by all means stay here but if ur normal and think being told bed bugs are a risk you take when you stay at hotel stay away.

• Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

My husband and I booked a one night stay at the Magnuson Hotel with the intention of maybe staying two nights. (To be honest I was excited about the opportunity of a nights sleep in a king size bed, having a queen size bed at home).Well a one night stay about did us in. We hurt so bad the next morning there was no way we were going to stay the second night. It had to be the worst mattress we have ever slept on. Luckily we went to the Lost Sea and were able to walk out most of the pain and stiffness. The breakfast buffet was okay but it was extremey hot in the restaraunt so we had to eat farely fast. The nightly buffet did not look to appetizing so we passed. We thought overall it was a little overpriced. Based on reviews we expected so much more.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

My family and I stayed at the Magnuson on a recent trip across the Cherohala Skyway. The hotel options in and around the Skyway were very limited, and I have to admit that I didn't have high expectations for an inn in the mountains. The Magnuson exceeded our expectations and we were pleasantly surprised. The staff was excellent and the rooms were comfortable. We could tell they hadn't been dusted thoroughly, but otherwise we have no complaints about the rooms. The pool is in an indoor atrium and a family allowed their children to play in and around the pool unsupervised beginning at 7:00 in the morning. This was bothersome, but I blame the parents more than I would the hotel. Overall, a nice stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Sautee Nacoochee, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

This is our third time to this hotel. The staff, the service, and the atmosphere is always good! You get free breakfast and dinner buffets with your room. Rooms are clean, comfortable and affordable. Plenty to do in the area including Sweetwater Valley Farm - where you can buy fresh cheese, the Lost Sea, flea markets and don't miss the Sock Shop! We love it here!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Batesville, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

My wife and I only stayed here one night, but had no big issues with this hotel. Everything seem cleaned and in working order in our room. The few employees we saw were super friendly. It may have been the time of year but it was very empty and just felt kind of strange such a big place that empty. We did get free dinner and breakfast although I could have done without the dinner (somewhat bland... but hey its free). I will say this, if The Magnuson updated some things it would be awesome... especially the atrium!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Picayune, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

This summer was awesome because I took a group of 18-30 year old for a retreat. I can't enough about this place. It has everything you need for anything. The service was great and. The food was amazing. You get free breakfast and dinner, and the food was very filling. Usually when you get free food the food taste cheap, but this food was off the chain. The pool area was great for those who like to swim and the place was very peaceful. The conference room is the perfect size for group meeting or conferences. The room were clean and perfect for relaxation. This place is just five minutes away from entertainment and grocery stores. It is right off the interstate, so it is quick to go places. The huge flea market is right around the corner and I mean right around the corner. This is definitely a place we would stay again. We came to relax and that is exactly the atmosphere you feel here. Applause goes to staff and owner. You ace to stay here and relax.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Perryville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Stopped here on the way to Atlanta so we could go to the Lost Sea and drive through the mountains the next day. I was impressed with this place. The room was $60 with a discount and that included breakfast. You get a free dinner too but we got there to late. It has some age on it but the rooms were clean and they have an indoor pool. We didnt get to swim but it looked nice. The breakfast was good they had all the basics and it was hot. Eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, cereal, muffins ect... We have three kids so it would have been $30 to eat at resurant so it was well worth it. The folks there were friendly and helpful. Thumbs up.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 - Sweetwater? Share your experiences!