“It's a Captain D's!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 64 Restaurants in Spring Hill
Nashville, Tennessee
“It's a Captain D's!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

My daughter's quest for fast food almost equals her quest for the perfect Lo Mein. After looking at TripAdvisor's ratings for her two fast food favorites, the choice to find this highly rated Captain D's was made. Was it worth it? Refer to the title of this review.

Service was quick, accurate, and courteous. The food was prepared well. No complaints. If fast food is on my agenda and I'm in Spring Hill again, I'd certainly stop here again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chicago
“I love Captain D's...what can I say”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

New and high attention to detail. If you like fried fish and you like Captain D's style, go here. Their fish is nice and crispy, and the slaw is the best.

Visited April 2014
Spring Hill, Tennessee
“good each time I go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I'm not huge on fried fish, it's not the healthiest thing for me. But when I want to splurge, this is where I go! I usually use the drive thru, but I have been inside to eat. The fish is fresh, never soggy. And the staff has always been helpful.
On my visit inside, it was very clean and the bathroom was also clean.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Spring Hill, Tennessee
“One of my favorite fast food places!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I love Captain D's fried fish. I know it's not very healthy, but is any fast food? Captain D's is a great place to eat for good fish and side dishes at an honest price. You can always tell the good, cheap places to eat by how many older folks patronize the place, and seniors frequent this joint. The employees are always smiling and helpful, and a manager or franchisee is always around to make sure the fish grease stays poppin' in the back and the dining room stays hoppin' in the front. They actually do have lots of healthy offerings (maybe another reason lots of seniors eat here) but I usually can't resist the good fish and chips taste of their original recipe fried fish with that good, cold tartar sauce they serve, not to mention their awesome sweet tea. People will drive in to Captain D's just for a glass of the sweet tea with a generous lemon wedge. The only caveat is the entrance. Due to the ridiculously crowded nature of Highway 31, which badly needs to be 4 laned, they weren't allowed to put a driveway right on the road. Thus you have to turn in either before you get there or after you've passed it at the gas station/Dunkin Donuts road and then drive back to it.

• Visited August 2013