“Clean, Comfortable and Close to Shopping” 5 of 5 stars

Hometown Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   222 W Sequoyah Access Road, Soddy Daisy, TN 37379   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Soddy Daisy
Florida
“Clean, Comfortable and Close to Shopping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

Stayed at the Home Town Inn during Christmas week in 2008. We were very happy with the room. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was large with hot water. The room was clean. We had no problem getting internet service. We used the laundry room on the second floor. We were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2007

We stayed for three nights at the Hometown Inn in Soddy Daisy in November, 2007. I paid $220 for all three nights.

We had quite a bit of trouble with the room key cards - they had to be re-programmed, and even then only one of them worked.

The room itself was not cleaned very well - we even found a bag of stale chips in one of the drawers. The "Sell By" date had expired three weeks earlier, so we figured the chips had been there for a while.

The beds were fabulously comfortable, unless one intended to sit on the edge of the bed and, oh, tie one's shoes, for instance. I'm 5'6", and my feet didn't touch the ground.

The bathroom was recently remodeled, and beautiful. We had to clean the unidentified streaks from the counter, but other than that, it was a good bathroom.

Daily maid service was good - we always returned to neat beds and clean towels. We inadvertently left some expensive jewelry on the counter in the bathroom, and it was there when we returned, so the maid was extremely honest.

The refrigerator worked very well, but the microwave appeared to be stuck on medium power. It took forever to heat up a piece of pie.

The great big boo-boo was that the hotel advertised free high-speed and wireless internet for every room. Even though I was on vacation, I needed to stay connected at work. I attempted to connect wirelessly, with a USB cord, and with an ethernet device while in the room. No luck; while I was able to connect to the hotel's wireless service, they were not connected to the internet. I spoke with the gentleman at the desk, and he told me that "a lot of people have trouble with the connection" and that I had to "reset all the settings". Baloney.

I was able to connect at a gas station, two different restaurants, and a coffee shop, but could not connect with Hometown Inn's free internet.

Summary - Hometown Inn was an inexpensive and comfortable place to stay if you don't mind doing a bit of cleaning, if you have a good sense of humor and don't mind struggling with a key card, and if you don't have a real need to be online.

Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2007

I travel as part of my living, and my territory used to be the Chattanooga/Cleveland, TN area. I used to stay at other hotels until I was referred to The Hometown Inn in Soddy Daisy.

Excellent rooms in that they are spacious, clean and quiet. They have free Internet access either through the wall or wireless. Each room has a microwave, coffee machine and refrigerator, and if you're lucky to get the suite, your room will have a small kitchenette with a stove and cupboard space (in addition to the other appliances). Beds are very comfortable too.

They also have a good breakfast waiting for you in the lobby every morning. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Most of all, their price is reasonable.

Granted, their location is a bit out of the way, but the hotel is off of US-27 which is about 15 minutes to the city. For me, this was a small price to pay because everything you need is in this small suburb of Chattanooga. Wimpie's Restaurant is right around the corner for breakfast or dinner. There is a McDonald's and two gas stations nearby as well as a Bi-Lo grocery store. About a mile or so down the road, near the Harrison exit, there is a Wal-Mart, Dollar General and a Hubble restaurant. I found this hotel, The Hometown Inn, to have every convenience near it.

The only downside I can think of is that there is a train that will run next to the hotel. It would not bother me, but I have stayed on the other side of the hotel away from the train and did not hear the train pass by at night.

Hometown Inn in Soddy Daisy was the only place I booked when I had overnight stays in Chattanooga/Cleveland areas. I highly recommend this hotel as part of your travels.

• Liked — Convenience to Chattanooga, but a quiet stay in Soddy Daisy
  • Disliked — I cannot think of anything.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hometown Inn? Share your experiences!