“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Visited for dinner on a recent business trip to the area. Located in a part of town that also features pawn shops and store front churches but don't let that dissuade you. It is nicely appointed, the service is good and the food is delicious. An overall delightful experience.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Reality check!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Let's start positive. The service was excellent, the fresh hot bread and pesto butter was awesome!, the appetizer, frittura mista, was tasty, and the Cannoli was phenomenal. Now we can get down to business. I have travelled to Italy a couple of times and frequent Italian restaurants in the middle Tennessee area pretty regularly. I can honestly say that I was pretty disappointed with my meal. The Caesar salad was somewhat dry and lacked flavor. The fettuccine sausage and peppers was very bland, but the description says that it is spicy. I always order a side of meatballs when I try a new restaurant, and these meatballs were very tough and dry.
I was desperately hoping for a wonderful culinary experience, and found the important parts of my meal extremely disappointing!!
That all being said, my wife and I will, more than likely, give La Tavola one more chance. ( Even if I just go back for the cannoli)

Woodland Park, Colorado
“Wow!! Who would have thought ... great italian meal in Smyrna, TN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This place is simply the best Italian restaurant I have eaten at in at least 5 years. If you are ever staying in Smyrna, passing thru or within 50 miles of La Tavola - STOP BY AND ENJOY!!!
Stayed overnight in Smyrna, looked on TA and other sites and against all logic went to La Tavola, had an incredible meal with fresh salad, home made dressing, hot home made bread, seafood risotto, cheese cake and the best bar none cappuchino outside Italy! The chef visited with us, he is from Naples and the food shows.... just incredible. I spent a week in Naples two years ago, and the food from La Tavola could easily hold its own against any of the restaurants we enjoyed in Italy. Well done Massimo!!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Smyrna, Tennessee
“Best meal ever in Smyrna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had an unbelievably great veal chop with Risotto that was the best I have ever eaten. The special tonight was full of flavor and cooked perfectly. A+++ !

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Italian excellence!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Although it is just a few miles down the road, my family had never enjoyed La Tavola until it was recently suggested by a friend. We love that the restaurant is family owned and it showed in every aspect of the meal. Absolutely extraordinary service by the wait staff; very attentive to our needs but not overbearing. Fantastic, fresh twists on classic Italian food. Kids can order 1/2 portions of all the pasta dishes or the small pizza which were both great choices for my kids--they loved the food! The creamy pesto sauce on the seafood pasta and the cognac sauce on the specialty chicken dish were delicious! Atmosphere is clean and quiet but very welcoming and family friendly.

• Visited August 2013