“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Smyrna
wantagh,
“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We booked our rooms last minute, we were driving from NY to Memphis and we were too tired to finish the trip. The hotel is under construction, which is not the worst,as long as the bed is comfortable (the bed was not bad). The pool was just turned on, according to the manager on call, so it was cold (again not bad). What bothered me was the water fountain(that my child drank out of) which was the color of diluted milk with chunks of white about 4mm in size coming out of it. My son drank from it, before he told me. I told the desk clerk about it so others would not drink from it.
Then we settled into our room. My daughter asked if "this is normal?!?" There was black mold slime embedded in the ice cubes they got from the ice machine. I sort of understood, again, the construction. I brought the ice cube down to show the clerk.
The last straw to my evening was the incredibly rude HS students who were staying above me. They were jumping/dancing above me. I went to the floor above me, and asked them to be quiet. I then went down to the lobby (again) and told them of the situation. As I was telling the clerk, two teenagers came to the lobby to say I said the "hell" word. If all of the previous events did not come to fruition, I might not have said that (I still think I said heck, but i was Very upset from the lack of support). The clerk did not support me, tell the kids to be quiet, or ANYTHING! I was reprimanded from the clerk for going upstairs. If you heard a LOT of noise upstairs, what you would have done?!?!
!
I WOULD NOT HAVE proceeded to stop at this hotel if I had known what this stop would have meant. I have been a loyal Marriott customer for decades, but I am upset from the lack of effort and the many excuses.

Stayed February 2014
General Manager G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Ms. Schlopper,
I wanted to personally reach out and apologize to you for the bad experience you encountered at our hotel. I really am sorry we were under construction during your stay. We are striving very hard to still make every stay with us an exceptional experience and I am sorry to hear that yours was less than expected. I am very sorry that there was some loud guest above you and would love the opportunity to make this up to you. If you can reach out to myself I would be happy to try and make this up to you. I hope you will return after we have completed the renovations and you can see our completed renovations so we can give you all the upscale service you deserve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Champaign, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

The room was very nice, clean, etc.

The breakfast was awful
You can make waffles, but the batter is terrible
There were fried eggs that resembled water and were unedible
Fruit was dried up, impossible to eat
The coffee was ok

THere is also a pool and jukuzzi, but it was closed for repairs

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
General Manager G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write a review. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your room. I also want to thank you for bringing the other issues to our attention. This feedback was very helpful and I want to assure you that your issues have been addressed. We are dedicated to making sure that the hotel exceeds our guest’s expectations in all aspects. The breakfast has recently been upgraded and there is now a breakfast attendant that makes sure that all of the food is fresh and well prepared and is available during all breakfast hours should a guest have any needs. We take your feedback very seriously and I apologize that your experience did not meet the standards that we strive for. Thank you for your review and I hope that you will come stay with us again and that we can exceed your expectations on your next visit.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Hotel sinks run down unfriendly staff go check out no one at front desk cost to much for what you get.. Hotel not in good location the service was the worse I have ever had you would think someone would be at desk to say have a nice day .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
General Manager G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to post a review. I am terribly sorry that your stay was not satisfactory. It is our goal to accommodate our guests in all areas, with the highest level of service. We take the satisfaction of our guests very seriously and I assure you that this issue will be addressed with the front desk staff. My apologies for someone not being at the desk when you checked out, I would love to have a little feed back as to what time this took place and to try and make this up to you in some way, if you could reach out to myself. I hope that you will change your mind about staying with us again. If you do, please let us know if there is anything that we can do to make your next stay more enjoyable.
bluegrass state
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Very nice room. We were in a jacuzzi suite. King bed with a refrigerator, 2 chairs& microwave. Comfortable bedding. I do believe our room was a smoking room at some point. Had an odor of stale/ musty smoke. We did not move rooms. The indoor pool with hot tub was typical of a chain indoor pool. They do have towels & toys for the kids to use. One nice touch was the popcorn & cookies available in the lobby. My child loved that!
Breakfast was included as most hotels are. Nice selection. I am gluten so I typically bring my own cereal. They had fruit, yogurt I could eat. My son gives a hotel a good breakfast rating if they have biscuits & gravy. They did remember we are in the south.
Staff seems very nice. Our housekeeper had made a swan out of towels for our room. Too cute.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor, no noise @ all.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
General Manager G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a very nice review. We are always pleased to know that your experience with our hotel was a positive one. We are a completely non smoking hotel and have addressed the smell you referred to in that room. If there is anything we can do to make that up to you please feel free to reach out to myself. All of our staff thanks you very much for the kind words and look forward to a return visit should you be back in our area.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Spent two nights at this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by the attentive staff throughout my stay. It seemed like everyone from the front desk staff, to housekeeping and the person taking care of the breakfast buffet were genuinely interested in making my stay a comfortable one. The amenities were as expected for a Fairfield Inn, but the staff made it seem like I was in a higher level hotel. Well done!.
I stayed in one of the larger suites that had a jacuzzi tub which was an added bonus.
Room was clean. Location is within walking distance of a Cracker Barrel and has an O'Charley's just steps outside the door. Lots of shopping/restaurants over the interstate within half a mile of the hotel. So, it's very convenient.
Also, if you're inclined to take a walk or a jog, just turn right when leaving the driveway and you'll dead end into a road with a sidewalk in a neighborhood that leads to a small park about a mile away.
Overall, I'd stay here again should I find myself needing lodging in the area.
I've provided a few photos too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We really appreciate great reviews like you have sent. We are always striving to make every guest experience the best and are very happy to know that we achieved our goal with your stay. We truly look forward to serving you again sometime in the future. We loved your pictures.
Beaufort, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Called in advance to book room. Got there and front desk worker couldn't find our reservation. After 20 min, she recalled that she forgot to write it down. Was very apologetic. Room was musty and smelled like old cigarette smoke. Pool was dirty and had sand in bottom. Breakfast was good. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
General Manager G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you so very much for your review. Our goal is to make every guest stay as pleasurable as possible. I am always so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. I would truly be interested in more details about your check in experience as this sounds like a training opportunity for our staff. I hope we will be able to serve you again should you be back in our area, it would truly be our pleasure to do so. If you would be so kind as to reach out to myself, I would like to send you a discount on your next visit.
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The pool and spa area needs updating. Yet, the customer service and staff was good. I enjoyed the food yet, the selection was limited. The bacon was not crispy and the Danishes were not fresh. The breakfast space was small and cramp there need to be enough space to accommodate the guest. There was a shelf for towels in the pool area yet, there was not enough towels for the guest using the pool. The service desk was unattended often. It's not a hotel I want to revisit.

Room Tip: When choose the south side of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
General Manager G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey in regards to your stay, and we are very happy that the service of our staff was a positive experience for you. We value your comments and it will greatly help us with our future improvements in November that will incorporate the pool and the Breakfast area. I am terribly sorry that the Bacon was not crisp we increased the cooking time and the other guest are loving it since your comment. I would love the opportunity to make this up to you, if you would reach out to myself I would do anything to accomplish that. It is always our goal to exceed our guests expectations. If there is anything at all that we can do to make your next stay more enjoyable please let us know

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Smyrna? Share your experiences!