“No Hospitality” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Smyrna
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“No Hospitality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I travel for business and stay in Hotels 3-4 nights a week. The costomer service here is lacking very much. From the Manager to the night clerk they do not comunicate. They were all rude. Asked for a late checkout and was allowed one extra hour. At 7minutes after the original check out the front desk was calling to see about charging me for another night. When I asked about it the manager acted as if it was common practice. They are not in the hospitality business buth rather how much can I charge business. They will never have to worry about charging me again for anything.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Comfort Suites S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking a time to respond. I apologize for miscommunication between front desk clerks. Late check out is based on availability. WE had a full house coming in and based on that housekeeper needed time to clean the room before the reservation guest arrives.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Warner Robins, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband travels for business Monday through Friday and earns lots of hotel points. This time we opted to stay (one night) at a Comfort Suites as we were traveling for the Christmas holidays. The room was a standard Comfort Suite room and was actually a little bigger than some of the others we have stayed at but the bathroom shower had not been cleaned nor had the toiletries been changed from the last guest's stay. The towels were like sandpaper and the breakfast bar was very slim on options and unappetizing to say the least (we ended up going to Cracker Barrel next door). There were lots of other hotels right in the same area so we will be choosing another establishment should our travels take us through Smyrna, TN again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

After trying a couple of already full hotels, we were able to get a room here, and were fine. The front desk staff was always nice and the room was clean and comfortable. The only problem we had was breakfast wasn't stocked well and they ran out of everything before someone went up to talk to someone to have it restocked.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
West Bend, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

'stayed there while our kids were moving to a new house close by. Our suite was very nice. They could use a person besides the desk clerk to take care of the breakfast buffet. Decaf was missing many times and things needed to be filled more regularly. It is in a good location, just off I-24. There is a Ruby Tuesday and Cracker Barrel within walking distance--many other restaurants just down the road. Nice pool.

Room Tip: Book online, because even though we had stayed 3 nights using the online price--they would not give...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dalton, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I had been on an extended road trip and this was the twefth night we had stayed in various hotels/motels. By far this was the most expensive, dirtiest and poorest service of all. When I checked us in the clerk quoted a price and I ask if they took AARP discounts and he said yes. When he gave me the credit card receipt to sign I questioned the price but he stated it was tax. The room was dirty and the bathtub/shower looked like it hadn't been cleaned from the previous visit. The sheets on the bed were too small and kept coming off the bed. The next day when checking out and I received the bill I noticed that he had not lowered the price for my AARP discount. The clerk on duty said she couldn't give me a credit but to leave my info and she would get the manager to fix. She stated that she didn't know why the bill was the price it was because it had been being lower. I later found out the manager is the one who checked me in. When I called back about the credit he tried to tell me he gave me the discount and refused to listen to anything I was trying to tell him. He was very rude. I had stayed in a Comfort Suites in South Bend, IN the night before for a much cheaper price and a much cleaner room.

Room Tip: Find another hotel/motel that the staff we treat you as a customer and not be rude.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We make at least 14 trips every year and usually stay in 5 star hotels. However, this was a family trip and we wanted to be very close to a member of our family who was in the hospital. We started the trip with a King Suite reservation at the Fairfield inn across the street. When we arrived the staff was nice but we were greatly disappointed when we viewed the very small room next to the elevator.
We decided not to stay at the Fairfield and went to find lodging elsewhere. We were very pleased with the king suite that was almost twice as big at the Comfort suites for $5 more. The room was clean, quiet and fully equipped with Microwave, Refrigerator and coffee station. We did use the pool and breakfast area with our grandchildren. The only drawback was the powdered eggs. We stayed for more than one night and had the opportunity to speak with several of the front desk staff; we found them to very friendly and helpful! We were pleased with this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

This hotel looks nice on the outside and lobby but don't be decieved, the negative reviews are true. The room was filthy and they would not refund our money. We noticed suspicious meetings of non guests in the parking lot which was the last straw! We left, ate the cost and traveled on up the road! Please do not stay here!!! After reading the reviews I should have gone with my gut feeling and stayed somewhere else!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Comfort Suites Smyrna? Share your experiences!