You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smyrna-Nashville Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smyrna-Nashville Area
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Smyrna
Chicago
“Great new hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

We stayed here on our way home from Florida. After a very long day, this hotel was an oasis! It is brand new. The pool was very nice and a good temperature. The staff was very nice and willing to help us out. In fact, I ran out of milk for my daughter (2yr old) and they gave me a small bottle of milk to fill her cup so I didn't have to go to a store and buy some. LIFESAVER! There is a Ruby Tuesday just 2 hotels down that had excellant service. It was so nice to have everything close at hand. Just a note, the queen suites do not have a sleeper sofa. Only the King suites so we had to pay 10.00 for a roll away. I would positively stay here again

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

I canceled a reservation I had made, and later found a charge on my credit card for $126. I found my cancellation number and called the hotel to give it to them. The GM, Ashish Bass, called me back and stated that I only canceled 1 of the 3 rooms reserved. I had 3 rooms reserved, but I called and canceled my RESERVATION, the confirmation number I was given. The GM proceeded to tell me that I should have requested that I wanted all 3 rooms canceled. ?????

AGAIN, I explained...I called to cancel the reservation, gave the person my reservation number, and received my cancellation number. Why would I call and cancel my reservation, but only cancel one room? Furthermore, if I had 3 rooms reserved and only canceled one room, why wasn't I charged for 2 rooms? The GM told me he would call me back in 15 minutes when, "he made his decision." His decision? What decision was there to make? I canceled my reservation. I should not have been charged.

He called back and continued to question me about the date I called to cancel, the reason I canceled, and asked me to confirm AGAIN the confirmation and cancellation numbers, after I already gave that information to a very understanding and apologetic person at the front desk named Darcel.

It was explained to me by the corporate office, not even the GM who was responsible for the matter, that the computer system generated a duplicate reservation by default when the cancellation was made. What does that mean? Every time someone cancels, their computer system automatically reserves the room again, so they can charge a "no show" fee, and hope the person doesn't keep track of the cancellation number?

Overall, the people I contacted in an attempt to resolve this manner were not helpful at all, except Darcel the front desk employee. He seemed to be the only one that admitted that a mistake was made, and didn't have to take an entire day to figure it out. He was also the only one that said they were sorry, or acted apologetic in any way. All others either tried to blame it on a computer, blame me??, or casually brush off the responsibility using typical corporate jargon.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

Since the opening of the Holiday Inn Express Smyrna, TN I personally I have stayed many nights there at this Hotel on personal business and have always had outstanding customer service. The staff at this hotel have always gone out of their way to provide the maximum service this hotel provides.

As far as business I have a number of my co-workers, subordinates and superiors stay at this hotel since the opening of it as well over the past year and have been afforded the best service of any of the hotels in the area to include other near by towns.

My (Co-workers etc) have gone on and on about how much better this hotel is over near by hotels and have addressed this to myself always complimenting the Holiday Inn Express.
They (co-workers) have expressed such a sigh of relief finding this hotel as we have used various hotels for housing our employees for training etc.

The number one name always as taking such great care and or orchestrated such great service is the Director of Sales Amanda Parker.

Ms Parker has been the lead person in always welcoming my personnel who are there at least a few times a month.

Ms Parker is always very personable and friendly and sets a standard for her employees to follow and in turn express with thier great customer service/relations.

I would recommend the Holiday Inn Express of Smyrna, TN to any and all and frequently do when the matter comes up for traveling to that area.

Ms Parker has set an excellent standard for the other Holiday Inn properties to follow

Great job to the wonderful staff and management of the Holiday Inn Express Smyrna, TN.

As long as my personnel are staying at this hotel I will frequently update my review of this great facility.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Marietta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

I called the hotel directly on Monday, September 7th to make reservations for Friday, September 11th. The agent I spoke with was very focused on upgrading me to a suite or getting me to purchase a package that included a free pizza. She even had the audacity to say that she personally gets rewarded for selling a package or getting me to upgrade. I told her that I wasn’t interested in any of that and my only “must have” was a wheelchair accessible room with a roll-in shower. She finally relented and reserved me a room. I clarified with her one last time before ending the call that she had reserved for me a room with a roll-in shower. She confirmed this.

When we arrived on the 11th, Amanda Parker checked us in. The room we were assigned had a tub instead of a roll-in shower. When we went back to the front desk to get changed to a room I had originally requested, Amanda looked and admitted the reservation specified a roll-in shower. She then admitted that the only room (I believe the room is #200) with a roll-in shower in the entire hotel was down for repairs and had been down for weeks. Amanda dramatically made it clear that the agent that took my original reservation performed poorly and that she would deal with her later through training. She called and got us moved to the nearby Hilton Garden Inn for the night.

I informed her that I already had reservations at her hotel for my return trip home on September 26th. I was concerned about that same room not being available when I returned. She committed to calling me by Friday, September 18th to let me know if the room would be available. Since we would be traveling, I gave Amanda my cell phone number.

We did not receive a call from Amanda on September 18th as was promised. Fearing that our remote location in northwest Wyoming may be contributing to poor cell phone service, I called Amanda on September 19th and left her a voicemail with my email address. By Tuesday, September, 22nd, I still had not heard from her. So, I called the front desk and spoke with Chad. Chad informed me that the room I needed was still down for repairs, and would be until October 3rd. I voiced to Chad my extreme disappointment with his hotel and asked him how he was going to resolve the situation. At first he suggested that I call back in the morning and ask to speak with the manager on duty. I asked Chad to let me speak with the manager currently on duty. Chad informed me that he was that person. So, I reiterated that I wanted him, as manager, to resolve the problem. The phone got quiet for a few minutes. I then suggested that he find me another hotel to stay in on the 26th. Chad called me back a few minutes later to inform me that he made me reservations at the Holiday Inn Express in Murfreesboro, TN.

Amanda finally called me back the next morning explaining that she could not call me back because I never really checked in the first time, so she had no record of me, even though I clearly gave her my cell phone number on September 11th. She said she also tried to email me but got the email returned as an invalid address, although I received many other emails to the address I gave her during this timeframe. I really feel as if all Amanda is able to do is give excuses and present herself as not being at fault. She blamed the original agent for doing a poor job. She blamed Holiday Inn's reservation system for not providing a way for her to call me. She implied that I was at fault for providing her an incorrect email address. At this point I decided it wasn’t worth an argument. It appeared that I was taken care of with the reservation Chad made for me in Murfreesboro. So, I left it at that and moved on.

I would recommend anyone needing a hotel in the Smyrna, TN area to avoid staying at this location.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

While traveling to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Hendersonville, my husband and I encountered one of the worst storms ever. Right before we were hit with hail and lightning, I saw the new hotel and we made an exit just in time. Upon arriving, the power went out at the hotel lobby three times, but fortunately they had a generator. The staff immediately accommodated us with a room and even called our other Inn to cancel our reservations without penalty. This new product from Holiday Inn offers clean large rooms with good beds, great baths and showers and extra shelves for bath products all for a great rate. Expect truck noise druing the night, but just turn the air conditioning fan to On. The breakfast with cinnamon rolls and other choices was fine. Shopping center accross the expressway gives lots of restaurant choices. Logan's Roadhouse is a good choice.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Flowood, MS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

Horrible experience. The room did not have a refrigerator or microwave as the website advertised. The manager said she’d see if she could upgrade me to a suite after I asked if there was anything they could do to make this right, but I never heard anything else about it. Only the Suites have microwaves and refrigerators. Had to move to another room after discovering that the deadbolt didn’t work. The new room had a dirty sock left it in from someone’s previous stay.

Stayed February 2009
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

After being at the discusting Lavergne Ramada.... this hotel is a palace....
Great big beautiful suite and excellent amenities. Breakfast is the same as other Holiday Inn Express. Gym is great and well equipped.

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — Location near the highway is noisy for rooms on that side of the road.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smyrna-Nashville Area? Share your experiences!