“Consistently a great getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Evins Mill

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smithville
Evins Mill
You added Evins Mill to your Saves list
1535 Evins Mill Road, Smithville, TN 37166   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Smithville B&B and Inns
Nashville, Tennessee
“Consistently a great getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We visited the Inn for the 3rd time this past weekend and it was wonderful as always. Sitting in the rocking chairs listening to the water is such a relaxing escape from busy life at home. The staff is always super friendly and accommodating, and the food is excellent every time. We are becoming regulars and plan to continue. And - we found out they are adding another lodge in the near future as well that will offer more rooms and variety. We continue to highly recommend Evins Mill as a quiet, relaxing getaway.

Room Tip: They are all pretty much the same (all great) - some are just closer to the main lodge.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Very nice place. Wanted to have our wedding here, unfortunately the only person able to answer any detailed questions is the owner and it is nearly impossible to get simple, straight forward out of him. Finally after 3 weeks and several email, two of which contained to quote "we are committed to having our wedding at evins mill" he called. He answered all of our questions and clarified a few things then at the end of our conversation he assured us that the date we chose was ours and he would not book anything else. A few weeks later due to my email being down for a few days he was unable to contact me and gave our date away after only 3 days. Mind you that he had my phone number and mailing address.

• Stayed June 2013
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was astounded by the beauty and absolute one-of-a-kind experience this property provided. The first thing we did after our arrival on the last leg of our 4-inn book club roadtrip was to line the rocking chairs up on the balcony/deck in front of our room which overlooked the gristmill's waterfall and creek. We sat there for a long time and the innkeeper even brought us blankets because it was getting cooler and we wanted to take in all the sound and pleasure of the rippling water. (I'm thinking this could be my go-to place in my head when I want to feel relaxed now that I'm home in California.) If I lived anywhere near Nashville I would leave "Bowling Avenue" every few weeks and make this my vacation home and they would always have dinner ready and I would never have to paint or remodel the property. The service was stunning and hospitable in every way. This waterside inn proved my theory that two days on the water is better than a week anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I spent a Saturday night and were both so very impressed with the beauty of the property, the friendly staff and the feeling of peace that hangs in the air! The hike I took Sunday morning was phenomenal--just 20 minutes to views of a gorgeous waterfall and soooo many wildflowers! (Jack-in-the-pulpits, trillium, fiddlehead ferns.) The food is especially wonderful--- really perfectly prepared..(.only suggestion would be to have a variety of wines available by the glass.)

Thanks for a wonderful memory!

PS--when we left, we took a quick 10 minute detour to check out The Appalachian Center for Crafts---it was open on Sunday and truly worth the trip---beautiful installations as well as items made by students and professors and available for sale.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our daughter gave us a visit to Evins Mill as a gift. We were unfamiliar with the property so were looking forward to a new experience. What a delightful weekend! This property is unique and the staff couldn't have been more helpful in making our visit perfect. Our gourmet dinner and plentiful breakfast were beautifully prepared, taking advantage of local produce.

This property has great hiking trails and much to explore. Be prepared for an incredible getaway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight at the Inn this past weekend (which was the best weather we have had so far this year- perfect timing!). We didn't want to leave! As soon as we checked in to our room we hiked to Carmac Falls. The Falls were just gorgeous and we instantly felt relaxed. We talked about coming in the summer so we could enjoy a refreshing swim. After hanging out at the Falls we checked out the Mill. My husband is an architect, so naturally he was intrigued by all of the information on how the Mill worked, while I loved the decor and rustic feel. While our room was great, we spent more time relaxing in the rocking chairs on our porch. Dinner was amazing, and afterwards we hung out in the Mill. We were the only ones there, which was fun!
Breakfast the next morning was once again a treat, and we hiked the North trails, which had a great view of the Falls. After checkout we drove to Burgess Falls to explore some more. We have already told so many friends about the Inn and we can't wait to come back! The staff was so kind and made us feel at home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My fiancé and I had the privilege of staying at Evins Mill the past weekend. Between the hospitality, amazing farm fresh meals, and hiking trails, we really had the perfect weekend. The staff make you feel very at home and instantly happy to be at the bed and breakfast. The hiking trails were so beautiful and a fun adventure. If you're not one for hiking, the scenery in itself is something to sit back and enjoy, and there are many other games and activities available. Dinner and breakfast were out of this world, and we were even given a sack lunch for the road upon leaving....which happened to be the lunch ever :) At work on Monday I couldn't tell enough people about Evins Mill. It truly is the perfect, most peaceful getaway and I look very forward to going back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Evins Mill? Share your experiences!