“New Years Eve Party” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Old Hall

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stuntney
The Old Hall
You added The Old Hall to your Saves list
Stuntney, Ely CB7 5TR, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Stuntney B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Soham, Cambridgeshire
“New Years Eve Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We attended the New Years Eve Party at the Old Hall at Stuntney with friends ( we fancied pushing the boat out and doing something more upmarket than in previous years) Upmarket it certainly was, we were greeted on arrival with a free glass of bubbly and enjoyed looking around the reception room with a huge real log fire.
We eventually moved into the bar area where very efficient and friendly staff served us.
From here we moved to function area ( a marquee ) not like any other marquee we had been in. Beautifully decorated with double glazed sides from where in daylight you enjoy the views of Ely Cathederal, our table for eight was spacious, and the food served by the very efficient staff was fantastic ( menu choice was pretty limited and pre- ordered, but I guess it's the only way to serve a big gathering efficiently ) after the meal the dance floor was made available to the party.
Whilst the price at £66 per head could be viewed as expensive, we all felt for the quality of food, the surroundings and service received that it was good value.
There is every chance that we will be back there again next year, and would be happy to recommend the venue to anyone that is tired of the normal, and wants to experience life at the next level.

Well done the Old Hall

Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ely, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Our company Christmas party for 120 guests was held at the Old Hall last week and we all agreed it was the best we have ever had. All the staff were extremely professional, yet friendly and helpful. Alex did a fantastic job in organising the whole event for us and catered for our exact needs. The food quality was excellent and presented superbly. The marquee looked just as good as the photos on their web site and the disco was great, good selection of music and great light show.

Some guests stayed overnight and enjoyed tea and cake on arrival, a comfy night in one of the sumptuous rooms and a lovely full English breakfast the next morning.

Altogether the night was almost perfect. It just didn't last long enough!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Old Hall for a wedding recently. We are local but wanted a treat, and I would most definitely recommend it! The room was spacious and yet cosy as the nights get colder, and the bathroom was literally the best bathroom I have ever been in (and I never knew I could get passionate about a bathroom!). We were looked after really well and I tried both of the breakfasts on offer (over two days I hasten to add) and can recommend them both. I have recommended the Old Hall to friends and family, local and far afield, as I just think everyone should have at least one night's experience there! I look forward to coming again for a wedding in August 2014. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2013
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Old Hall is simply wonderful !
Alex is a fantastic organiser, I met with her Early Spring to discuss my ideas. I wanted to host a dinner for my best friends and for 10 of us to stay over to celebrate my 40th birthday.
The 24th May was free , friends were able to turn up mid afternoon for wonderful tea and home made cakes, Chatting and relaxing in the hall was simply perfect.
Friends staying over were able to get ready at leisure in their rooms and from 7pm we had lovely canapes and glasses of Pimms to start the evening. (even my parents popped by for canapes) Dinner was served after 8pm and we had a delicious 2 course meal, prime rib of beef and local veg followed by a trio of desserts and a cheeseboard. Everyone remarked on how wonderful the food was and the presentation.
We retired to the hall for more drinking and chatting (including coffee and mints, not just alcohol) !!
We all found it so relaxing, this place has real charm and the owners are just superb !
Fortunately being the birthday girl , I chose to stay in the Cromwell Room, to be honest all the rooms are beautifully decorated with sumptious finishing touches you would not be disappointed.
It certainly was a memorable 40th Birthday in a stunning building and location.
I am thinking of an opportunity to return............fortunately have been invited to a wedding in Sept. 2014 ............
Thank you 'Morbey' family for making it a birthday to remember. x

Room Tip: Cromwell Room for the view and the space .
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was working in Ely for 3 days and stayed at the Old Hall. It could not have been more comfortable; an absolute luxury of a room and bed! It's all beautifully decorated and with lots of character.
The history of the place is wonderful and it's great that it has been in the family for so long and that they care about it so much.
A wonderful treat.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Its a fabulously elegant place down a long winding lane through its own grounds, just outside Ely. The rooms are huge, fully of character and have wonderful views. Its a family-run business and they're charming hosts with a great sense of humour creating a lovely friendly atmosphere, yet the surroundings are about as upmarket as you find. We stayed in the Stewards room, whilst the in-law stayed in the Cromwell room. I'd certainly like to re-visit the Old Hall one day, perhaps bring some overseas friends/relatives. If you've not stayed here yet, prepared to be wowed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Leicestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I attended an 80th birthday party here at the weekend, and it couldn't have gone smoother. The service was efficient, friendly and relaxed. The food was superb and venue marvellous. I was a day visitor so can't comment on the bedrooms but the hall was welcoming with big squashy sofas, the newspapers laid out and a fabulous view through the leaded light windows of Ely Cathedral beyond the landscaped gardens and lake. The lunch was for 80 people so were were in the "wedding" marquee at the rear of the property which is a high quality marquee with doubled glazed "walls" over looking an outdoor seating area and the gardens. If you are looking for a wedding venue I would strongly advise paying them a visit as they handled our 80 guests with ease! Highly recommended on all counts.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Old Hall? Share your experiences!