“We LOVE 517 Subs!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: 517 Subs is family owned Submarine Sandwich Shop. Since March 2003, 517 Subs has served delicious sandwiches, soups, and salads to the Signal Mountain community. Come join us in a clean and friendly environment for a great meal at great price.
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
“We LOVE 517 Subs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My son (3) and I go to 517 AT LEAST two times a week for lunch...maybe more! It is a very popular place at lunch time and folks know on Signal Mountain to EXPECT to stand in line - a line that very often reaches the door. It's just understood - no fussing, no complaints! The food is delicious and is worth the wait! The owners of this restaurant are some of the nicest people I have ever met. My guess is that the "regulars" go to 517 as much to support this good family as they do for the good food...I DO! (and just a side note, I also appreciate that they keep the music volume low! That makes it so much more enjoyable for everyone to visit!)

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Signal Mountain, Tennessee
“Food is ok. Do not go near closing time. Service turns south.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

The food is ok. I went at 8:05pm (they close at 8:30). Apparently, they were in "wind down" mode and did not appreciate the late rush of customers. Note: if you are open until 8:30pm...then act like it. The food is ok, but if I am paying $30 for 4 sub sandwiches, I would expect a little courtesy from the disgruntled teenager who was running the meat slicer. A lady (that appeared to be owner or in charge) could see the disgust on customers' faces with this service. She was polite, but did not remedy the situation with her employees.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Best subs and soup on the mountain.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011 via mobile

They have the best subs. Every time I am in town I have to go buy and eat.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
“Great place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

517 Subs has always been a great place to go, with friendly service, and an amazing atmosphere!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
signal mit
“Not happy with service today”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

Very upset today. I went to the restaurant, saw they werre open, went to the door, and saw small sigh that said "Private Party. I assumed that since there were only 4 people in the sub shop that perhaps it was over, I opened the door and asked if I could get a sandwich and some rude woman yelled out, "No, this is a private party."
I then left and went elsewhere

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere