“Best B&B ever!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lane Street Inn Shelbyville TN

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shelbyville
Lane Street Inn Shelbyville TN
508 East Lane Street, Shelbyville, TN 37160 (Formerly Bryant Manor)   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Shelbyville B&B and Inns
Tennessee
“Best B&B ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

1st time in a Bed and Breakfast, didn't really know what to expect. Thought they were for older couples only, but it was beyond our expectations!! As a early thirties couple, we were very impressed. Each room is its own themed suite right down to your own personal DVR. Comparable to an all-inclusive resort. The owners were super nice. Fantastic made to order breakfast and endless snacks and drinks available 24 /7. We loved it!! Thanks, Emily!! Really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed December 2012

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Walnut Creek, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We chose the Lane Street Inn after the glowing recommendations on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed! We were two adult couples, one from England and one from California, driving from Nashville to Memphis via Tupelo to see Graceland. I wanted to choose a place to stay that would give a flavor of the area and an alternative to chain hotels and Lane Street proved to be an excellent and economical choice. Emily and Eben have done a wonderful job restoring the old mansion and were gracious hosts. They have thought of every amenity to make your stay a comfortable one. Our English friends especially enjoyed access to the guest kitchen to prepare their own tea and toast (bread and their favorite tea provided!). We went off to tour Jack Daniels and have lunch at Miss Mary Bobo’s so we didn’t need a cooked breakfast one day. Nonetheless the huge continental breakfast bar was stocked with juice, muffins, bagels, yogurt and cereals so we could help ourselves before starting our day.
I chose for us to share the “Rat Pack Suite” which shares a bathroom and I was somewhat afraid that we would be cramped. However each bedroom was huge and the shared bathroom was never an issue as there is a half bath downstairs. Previous reviewers have stated that they only regret not staying longer, so I booked us for two nights which left us a longer day driving to Tupelo and Memphis. It was an excellent choice as we were so relaxed from our 2 days at Lane Street, we didn’t notice the long drive the next day. Stay for as long as you possibly can – you won’t regret it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
selma california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at several B & B's across the United States and this is by far the best. We stayed in the Frank Sinatra room with the private bath, it exceeded our expectations. Our room, as well as the Inn was beautifully decorated. The kitchen was even stocked with lots of goodies and drinks and available to us at all hours. And after a week of hotel beds, sleeping in the comfortable bed in our room was greatly appreciated. Emily was the perfect hostess and the made to order breakfast was fabulous. I have never felt so comfortable and welcomed in a B & B before, I felt like I was visiting a friends home that was catering to all of our needs. Can't wait to visit the area again, definately will be staying at the Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Evans, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

What a great place to stay! I have stayed here two times in the past year and both times the room was interestingly decorated and the service was A+! My favorite room is the Rat Pack room. Always quiet, cozy, and clean. I look forward to coming here whenever I am in this area. Well worth the time to check out. You won't be disappointed! Note that the hostess, a sweet Southern lady named Emily, is an excellent cook. Check out her culinary talents at breakfast or for a late night snack! Can't wait to go back. Stop over at the Bell Buckle cafe (she can give you directions) for a neat shopping experience and great food. Well worth the stop!

Room Tip: Can be hard to find but call ahead and allow Emily to give you directions! Best sleep, mattresses...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

We are regular visitors to the Lane Street Inn! Whether it is a romantic getaway with my husband, or a weekend trip with our 4 boys- Emily and Eben @ Lane Street always deliver! The mansion is very clean and has been historically preserved beautifully. Emily always goes the extra mile- making fresh muffins to snack on or baking chocolate chip cookies at night for our boys (and ourselves!). The fridges are loaded up with drinks and snacks and the living areas offer plenty to do for a family! The rooms are big and packed with some great amenities. While it has the charm of a welcoming, B&B in the country- it has some touches of a very expensive, luxurious hotel. We have traveled all over the world and this is one of our favorite places to stay. We would highly reccommend staying at the Lane Street Inn!

• Stayed July 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I grew up in the area and never knew charming little independent-owned places like this existed in Small Town, Tennessee. And actually they didn't--until Lane Street Inn came to town a few years ago. After my friend, an editor at Southern Living, stumbled upon the B&B by accident last month, she highly suggested I head over to check it out. I'm always looking for local accommodations to refer visiting friends and family to when they come to town so they're not stuck in the Jameson or Hampton Inn, so I called the innkeeper and owner, Emily, and arranged a time to drop by.

First of all, the house and the property is absolutely gorgeous. After moving to the area from California in 2007, Emily and her husband spent a year gutting the interior of this old historic home and making serious upgrades. During the two hours I spent with her, I learned that Emily has a background in historic preservation, so a project like this is one she is extremely passionate about.

The downstairs has a dining area for breakfast each morning, a butler's pantry and kitchen for guest use, and a comfortable communal area with games and couches for lounging/mingling. The upstairs has four massive rooms, each decorated in a hip and stylish theme (e.g. "Asian," "Sinatra"). I'm sad that I'm a local and have no need for a night in a B&B, as this place is truly lovely--and Emily the most gracious (and outgoing) hostess! I will definitely be referring visitors here as long as Lane Street Inn is in operation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

If you are going to visit the Jack Daniels Distillery or any of the sites in and around Shelbyville, this is a marvelous small hotel. Very hospitable couple run it. Emily is a delight, the breakfast was great, the rooms and bathroom are very well appointed, clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Frank Sinatra room - king bed, lots of space with a couch. Larger than most hotel...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Lane Street Inn Shelbyville TN, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. I take much care and time to be sure we have everything in the bathrooms that one could possibly want and I was so pleased you noticed. If it's one thing we strive for, it's cleanliness and comfort, so thanks so much for your comments and we hope to see you back our way again soon.

Been to Lane Street Inn Shelbyville TN? Share your experiences!