“Great food, great atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 33 Restaurants in Seymour
Cuisines: Mexican
Sevierville, Tennessee
“Great food, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This place just opened recently and we've been here twice. Great atmosphere, unlike some other local mexican food places that lack atmosphere, this place makes you feel like you're in a mexican cantina... lots of bright colors, music, exactly what you'd expect.

Now the food... nachos and salsa to start, very fresh and delicious. Fajitas were delicious, not the typical fajitas where it's simply strips of meat on top of onions and peppers -- these were done in a sauce, much more authentic. And of course, SIZZLING as you'd expect. The sides were all fresh (and typical) -- guac, pico, etc.

We ordered the family-size fajita meal, it comes with beef, chorizo, chicken and shrimp fajitas with onions, peppers, grilled tomatoes... in one big dish for all to enjoy.

Waitstaff was attentive, but it was busy and they missed a few things (never did bring us our spinach dip!) But they didn't charge for it either, so no hassle.

Bathrooms were clean.

Easy in and out, tucked away in the plaza, plenty of parking.

Visited July 2013

Tennessee
“Good food, uneven service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My first visit was courtesy of a friend, who said the food was good. As soon as we were seated they brought nachos and homemade salsa. I was somewhat disappointed in the nachos - they apparently are just like the ones in the grocery store - but the salsa is delicious. On this visit our server was prompt and cheerful. Our food was delivered very quickly and was very good.

My second visit, a few days later, again featured good food, but the service was a bit lacking. I must say the restaurant was not busy on either occasion. Our poor server was doing her best to take care of most of the restaurant herself, while another server stood around popping gum and texting on her phone. Had I been the working server, I would have complained to management.

The food itself is good, but if you want fiery hot (spicy) food, this is not the place for you. My dinner companion described the food as "bland", but I thought it was tasty.

• Visited July 2013