“I really enjoyed the food, all southern, ribs didn't net BBQ because the rub was great!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Parton's Smokin' Butz BBQ

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 33 Restaurants in Seymour
Cuisines: American
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I would tell everyone to go there to eat, anyone who doesn't enjoy this much but from the north! This is true southern food with great service and very friendly staff. There are always the BAD customers that go into a place to eat and can't wait for their food, blames the waitress, and makes the whole experience bad. They need to stay home, that's makes it bad for all the customers around them.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Westchester, New York, United States
“The smoker out front drew me in....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was driving on route 411 on my way to Knoxville, TN. About 20 miles before hitting Knoxville, the air was suddenly filled with the most amazing smell of smoked wood. A smell that I def recognized but as a New Yorker, one I don't get to enjoy too often. At 60 mph I wasnt able to stop quick enough but I knew this was 'the" place to be so I did a U-ey and found myself at "Parton's Smokin' Butz".
Everything on the menu sounded amazing...I def had trouble deciding. The waitress was friendly and sweet as can be but wasn't much help in helping me decide what to order. I wound up with a "basil wrap" which seemed a little unusual for a BBQ joint. It was filled with succulent smoked pork (virtually fat free) and lots of veggies...lett, tomato, cucumber &onions. I orderd the sweet potatoe casserole as a side dish....it was like eating dessert. soooo good! I inhaled my meal...feeling totally satisfied that I had "discovered" exactly what I was looking for in real southerm BBQ. I'd recommend Parton's to anyone pasing that way!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seymour, Tennessee
“Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Love the cornbread!! Good BBQ love the sides. Can't wait to go back. They also have daily specials and seafood combos on the weekends. Great service too.

Visited August 2012
Knoxville Tennessee
“Can't find a better value for a quick lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Being so tired of fast food meat that has too much grease, fries loaded with salt, I went to Parton's. The barbecue sandwich with a side of slaw was delivered quickly, my tea glass kept full and I enjoyed the local atmosphere and saw other locals were here. The meat was tender and pulled fine, little fat. I always want the mild sauce at any barbeque place and this is not too sweet, not too sour, just right! Do I remember the bun was toated? Yes, that separates fine from Grreat! You'll have to eat in or get carryout as the only thing outside is the cooker. Too bad I'm not often in Seymour, I might be eating barbeque more often.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville, Tennessee
“It's not a "one hit wonder."”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Sausage and brisquit are my favorites for this place. Mac n cheese is also good. They sell a lot of takeouts on game day.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
John P, Manager at Parton's Smokin' Butz BBQ, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
We love to hear feedback from our customers. If you had a problem with our food or service then our management would love to hear from you. Please direct negative feedback to management while you are in the restaurant so that we can work to fix any problems you find. We strive to provide excellent service and food to all our customers. We would love to have an opportunity to serve you again.