“What? No bathroom!” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Myrtle Beach, SC
“What? No bathroom!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stop to get a bite to eat. I like to wash my hands first, sometime maybe even relieve myself. My daughter is a diabetic and has to relieve herself often plus keeping her hands clean for checking blood sugar levels is important. I checked around the back of the building wheriI thought that mist sonic bathrooms are located. Nope not at this one. I the asked a car hop. "We don't have a bathroom". She politely stated with a smile. We had to go next do to a gas station and buy something else from them so we would not feel guilty.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

55% Recommend
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Old time Roller-skating delivery at the drive-in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Every time we go to Tennessee, we stop at Sonic to get ice cream. It's a great memory of my grandfather - who always wanted to go there after his radiation and chemo treatments. Even if you don't have those kinds of memories, it's a great place to grab a bite to eat (the food is good for fast food), but the ice cream is great! The prices are reasonable and it takes you back to a time when there were drive in restaurants with roller-skating servers delivering your food to you. Take a few minutes and visit and see for yourself!

Visited June 2013
Scottville Nc
“Satisfaction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Very punctual and courteous food was great ,affordable, kids happy. Didn't have to wait on food long either.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Waverly, Tennessee
“Always Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Love the happy hour and the half price drinks ...always good food and quick to get your order to you and no mess ups like the other fast food joints

Visited January 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Lazy & closed registers early when open”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

All I wanted last night was a peanut butter blast like there was no tomorrow! I drove 15 mins down the road to Sonic past all the other food chains on the strip to get a Sonic blast and got there at 1145pm, they close at midnight (I checked my cell phone to make sure my car clock hadn't gotten slow or something). All of their lights, drive thru lights, stall lights, everything were on. They had a huge group of girls out on the patio eating as well as several people in drive-in stalls eating. They had not turned off any signs indicating they were closed, not even the drive-thru menu. I follow another car in front of me which pulls off fairly quickly, I was a little confused by this and figured they had an easy order or they were out of what he wanted. I get to the drive-thru and the girl on the other end tells me they are closed. I play along and act dumb as this is a tourist town and I know the game; I say, oh, I am sorry, I thought that you were open until midnight; what time do you close? She proceeds to tell me it's midnight on my clock. I drive by here all the time, when they are actually closed-as in it's midnight, they shut the lights off so no one drives in. They were obviously giving one impression while not taking customers. They were so early in fact, I was able to drive back down the strip to another fast food restaurant with a line in the drive-thru, order food, get my food- their ice cream machine was already down for the night to be cleaned. I then proceeded to go to the gas station across the street and buy some moose tracks ice cream and leave. All of this by the time midnight ACTUALLY rolled around! I wrote the customer service line on the website but I doubt anything will come of it. I am so tired of this Sonic and all it's problems. I already know not to order their slushes as they are nothing like a Sonic slush, I can't even begin to describe what they taste like but don't order one, they are basically water with a shot of syrup added. I hope they get some new management or a corporate overhaul!

• Visited August 2012