To begin with I work in the hospitality industry, so I know what a hotel room should be like. This facility is one of the worst I have ever stayed even though the outside looks attractive with a very fancy sign. Let me share my experience and you judge for yourself if you want to stay here:
1) The curtains would not close completely; a four to six-inch gap was on either side allowing any passersby to look directly into the room.
2) The tub looked as though it had not been cleaned in some time. The self-adhesive anti-slip mat was no longer adhered to the tub; there was hair and mold under it. I saw this when the mat floated in the tub when it was filled.
3) On the hinge side of the door there was mold growing. At first I thought was a bad paint job or maybe hinge oil, but upon looking closer I was shocked to see black hairy mold. It's probably because of the large gap that allows air to get in.
4) There is mold in the corners above the tub.
5) The air conditioner (PTAC) did not work correctly. I had to bring my tools to the room to repair it enough to get me through the night.
6) The outdated television did not function as it should and the channels listed on "the guide" were not available on the television.
7) There was no "Do Not Disturb" sign.
8) The hot water is dangerously hot. I measured it at 160 in my room.
9) The street noise is horrendous.
Had I known about these deficiencies I would not have stayed. Unfortunately, I did not discover them until I returned to my room after midnight. I checked in, dropped off my luggage, and then immediately left for a business meeting. I brought these issues to the "desk clerk's" attention. At first he tried to tell me that I wasn't closing the curtains properly, but he realized I was right after he went to the room to check. I asked for another room, but he said, "The place is owned by Indians, they don't like me to change rooms." After agreeing it was not acceptable, he gave me the keys to another room. They wouldn't work. I finally gave up and returned to my previous room. The next day I bought some Lysol cleaner so I could safely take a shower.
When I checked out and was asked, "Did you enjoy your stay?" I said, "No." I explained what I have shared here, but the clerk merely said, "Oh, I apologize. Our rooms are always clean and there are never any problems." It goes without saying, but I will NEVER stay at this hotel again; and if anyone asks, I will dissuade them from considering it. It may be cheap, but this is an example of "you get what you paid for."
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.