“Nice cabin, but not so much on customer service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Brother s Cove Log Cabin Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sevierville
Brother s Cove Log Cabin Resort
You added Brother s Cove Log Cabin Resort to your Saves list
2960 Brother_s Way, Sevierville, TN 37862   |
Georgia
“Nice cabin, but not so much on customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

First let me say that we thought the cabin (Tranquility #53) was very nice and very well decorated. The pictures on the website did not do it justice. The back deck was very spacous and we all enjoyed sitting out by the fire every night while we were there.
While we did enjoy the cabin and had a good time, we ran into some minor issues with the cabin while we where there. When we arrived the phone was dead and since we could not call we had to drive back down the mountain to let them know that we had no phone service. We came back to the cabin later on that afternoon and the phone was working. That night we discovered the ceiling fan in the 2nd floor bedroom did not work and this was bad considering it was hot due to the A/C not blowing hardly any air on the 2nd floor and it would have been very nice to have some sort of air circulation. I reported this also and we were told that the fan would have to be replaced.
The third day we were there we noticed a leak coming from the ceiling in the kitchen. It was dripping in five different spots at a pretty consistent rate. It was just below the bathtub in the 2nd floor bedroom. I called the office that morning to let them know that it was leaking and hopefully it would not get worse. We were heading out to Gatlinburg for the day so we were hoping it would be fixed when we got back. When we returned to the cabin in the late afternoon I went to the door and it was sitting wide open. My first thought was someone was there fixing the leak...nope. Someone had been there because we were told at the office on the way in that the leak had been fixed. Not only did they not fix the leak, the left the door wide open for anyone or anything to come in with all of our stuff in their not to mention of the items belonging to the cabin that we would be held responsible for if anything came up missing.
So I called the office to let them know about the leak and the door being left open and she was going to get in touch with someone to fix it. I received a call about 10 minutes later telling me that the maintenance person said that what was causing the leak was water coming off the shower curtain where we left it out of tub...which we did not do. This clearly was not what caused the leak and I was insulted that this was the explanation I got.
Anyway when we checked out the following morning I let the person at the front desk know that we still had bowls (see picture) sitting out on the floor catching the drips from the ceiling above (see picture) so that the floor would not be wet....I did not even get a thank you, or I'm sorry or anything. Much like some of the other reviews on this page, they did not seem to really care and not once was any kind of discount offered to me.
Yes, the cabins here are nice and all, but considering all of the problems I had and the lack of concern from the staff, I will not stay here again. Also, keep in mind if you do decide to rent here, it takes about 15-20 minutes to get to Pigeon Forge from the cabins.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2008

Our group consisted of 4 adults and 2 children. We rented #53 Tranquility. It was wonderful. The house was clean and well equipped. Great view of the mountains and it was so relaxing just to sit on the huge porch and relax. The kids loved the pool table. The staff was incredibly helpful. I would recommend this resort to anyone considering a stay in the area.

• Stayed July 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fairmont, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

Wasn't sure what to expect after reading some of the negative comments but we took a chance and Im so glad we did. We got to the property just after check-in time (3:00) and were greeted by a very friendly girl, check-in was a breeze. As we traveled up and up the mountain road we saw many very nice cabins. The road was curvy but that was expected since we were traveling up a mountain. When we arrived to our cabin (Buck's Lookout #39) we were greeted by a very friendly cat who lives around the cabin. We love cats and my five year old was very excited since our three cats were left back home. We opened the front door and we were amazed by the beauty of the cabin. It looked so much better than in the pics on the site. The cabin was clean and in very good shape. The only negative things I could find were on the upstairs deck one of the boards were sticking up and I tripped over it, this has the potential to cause some harm if you were bare footed and tripped on it. The other thing was the door from the main floor bedroom going onto the deck was damaged, as if someone had broken into the cabin through this door. The water in the cabin had a dirty color to it but that is to be expected when using well water. We stayed four nights and loved every minute of it. We are returning for a weeks stay in this same cabin over Thanksgiving and I cant wait.

• Liked — The view and quality of the cabin.
  • Disliked — Travel distance to attractions.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

This place is actually a connection of 2nd homes. The accommodations are clean and basic and comfortable enough. There is not much to recommend other than beautiful mountains -- which are available at all similar places nearby.

The water mentioned on other reviews is as stated filled with dirt, you will decide that not bathing is just fine.

The management can only be described as indifferent and rude. We stayed as part of a large party of many cabins. All the cabins were not ready on time, some hours late. Some available only after 7:00 PM. Yet come 10:30 Sunday morning, the management was calling saying we had to leave, they had another party coming. We just laughed.

There are lot's of pretty places like this in the mountains close by -- pick another one.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — staying there
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Summerville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

My new husband and I just got back from a week in cabin #41 Dream Catcher on our honeymoon. I probably wouldn't have left the cabin had it not been for my husband. It was beautiful. The cabin was very clean (the hot tub was spotless.) The TV in the game room had a remote that didn't work, but we didn't watch that TV anyway. Although there were other cabins around, we always felt very secluded. There was not internet access in our cabin (which I would have liked, but oh well it was kind of nice not having it.) The location is great because it is close to Pigeon Forge, but far enough away that we didn't have any of the noise or anything. The views are great. If you want to sleep in then bring a eye cover sleep mask with you, there are a lot of windows in the cabin and not all of the higher ones have curtains, so it was kind of hard to sleep in. We had a wonderful honeymoon and when we go back we will most certainly be staying at Brothers Cove.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — No internet access
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2008

There were 8 of us on the 4 day 3 night vacation. When we arrived we thought this is great; but the refrigerator was dirty, my sister was bitten by a spider or scorpion (while asleep) the first night, There was a leak from one of the bathrooms on the 2nd floor to the bedroom below on the first floor. I called the office about the leak and the maintenance man came out a fixed it (it still leaked but not as much). When I told the lady in the office that my sister had been bitten by a spider she laughed and said that we were in the woods. I think that she needs to attend some customer contact classes. I was always told that the customer is always right. We asked twice on the phone and once in the office to talk to the manager but he was never available. We were told that he was on the grounds or that he did not work weekends.

Stayed April 2008
davidson1217
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

Our experiece with this cabin rental was horrible. The water in our cabin was really yellow. We couldn't even take a bath. The hot tub was too full and when we got in it overflowed. The pass code they gave us to open the gates was incorrect so when we came back late a night we couldn't get into the resort. We had to wait until someone came out so that we could go to our cabin. They didn't offer any discount for the problems we had. We will never return to this resort!!

• Liked — Soft beds
  • Disliked — Nasty water
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Brother s Cove Log Cabin Resort? Share your experiences!