“Stay away from here if you have kids.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Sevierville
Scottsburg, Indiana
“Stay away from here if you have kids.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had a room already booked with another hotel and decided to come down a day early, They didn't have a room available so we booked a room here. It was ok for the night to just have a place to sleep but I will not return here again. When entering the room there was a horrible stinch, the beds were 2 box springs on top of each other (how do they get by with that)? The pillows were hard, the floor was filthy (I was afraid to take my shoes off) and the entire premises looks very sketchy. I was nervous that my car was going to be broken into during the night. We were up early and out of here asap. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy let alone anyone with children. They advertised a free breakfast which was nothing but pastries, toast,yogurt, and 2 dry cereals. The coffee pot didn't work correctly and the heating unit was very old and noisy. The lady at the front desk was very rude and cold. Not the southern hospitality that you expect from the area at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel was ok. It is a case of you get what you pay for. If you are looking for a cheap rate, this is your best bet. If you are looking for a nice place, keep looking. The room was clean, but it was not top of the line by any means. The beds were too firm and the pillows weren't comfy either. Breakfast was ok, but only had waffles, 2 kinds of cereal, muffins, powdered donuts, and toast. Reasonable is what we were looking for, so it fit the bill, but we probably won't stay here next time.

Lebanon, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

When I first checked in and got my room I was very satisfied with my decision to stay there. However, that all changed the next morning. When we started taking our showers to get ready it took forever for the water to get hot enough and then by the time the first person took their shower, it appeared as though she had taken a bath instead by the level of water standing in there.

I notified the front desk and they sent someone up to check it. She took off the drain and then explained that she couldn't fix it and she would let the front desk know. We waited over an hour and never heard back At that point, my husband and I decided that we had wasted enough time so we just washed quickly and got ready.

I went to the desk to check out and request a partial refund or future credit on the room and they proceeded to tell me that I couldn't do that since I had booked my room online gave me the manager's card.

I am absolutely disappointed in the way that it was handled since they never once offered us an alternate room or anything but an I'm sorry.

Well, so am I...sorry that I stayed there and won't be making that mistake again. Customer service is of utmost importance to me and they completely blew this on.

erwin, tenn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

reasonable priced. while nothing to write home about it was clean minus the black hair that i found in the bathtub. its right across the street from apple barn & McDonalds. the breakfast was decent, waffles, bagels, cereal etc. they were very helpful @ check in. had stayed here previously a few yrs ago they seems to have semi updated decor. one bed was a little squeakie but other that that very comfortable to sleep on and the pillows are not flat like pancakes. its when 20 mins driving distance of most thing so not a bad place to stay. will be going back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Days Inn Apple Valley Sevierville? Share your experiences!