“Amidst The Smokeys Cabin Was Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Starr Crest Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Starr Crest Resort to your Saves list
Starr Crest Resort
3.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   1431 Upper Middle Creek Road, Sevierville, TN 37876   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Amidst The Smokeys Cabin Was Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This cabin is in starr crest resorts. We booked through smokey mountain cabins and although our literature said Gatlinberg Falls, we weren't at that resort. We checked in at Gatlinberg falls and it was very nice. But we were down the road a bit in starr crest. This is advertised as a two bedroom cabin but there is a huge king bed in the loft upstairs. So my husband and I plus our two boys all had their own rooms and their own baths. Kids loved the arcade games, xbox pool table and air hockey. We loved the card table. We were never bored at this cabin. There is a community pool. It looked nice but we never used it. The cabin is clean and beautiful. The view is to die for. I loved this cabin and I did not want to leave. I rarely can say that about a vacation, as I'm usually ready to sleep in my own bed by the end of vacation, but I was sad to leave. I would absolutely book this cabin again and I would absolutely return to pidgeon forge gatlinberg. Best vacation our family ever had. Yes, you pay a little more for a cabin but to me it was absolutely worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Simsbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed in "Smoky Mountain Dream" at the end of May and it was absolutely beautiful! The website was a true representation of the cabin. We will definitely be visiting again! While we were there we also had a couples massage from Roger Bailey and an associate from www.rnrbodyworks.com that will come to your cabin! Unfortunately due to the extreme weather we were not able to have the massages on the deck, but we were very thankful that Roger "swam" his way to the cabin to keep the appt... Thank you Tennessee for a memorable visit!

Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at this cabin for a week long vacation.

When we originally booked this cabin we were overwhelmed by the number of choices available. After staying there for a week in All About Love, I can say that we made the right choice.

The cabin indicates it can sleep 8, but we only had three people, which provided ample room. The cabin was very clean and well appointed. There were so many features to enjoy, including, the pool table, air hockey, atari, big screen tv, but most of all the two porches overlooking Pigeon Forge and the mountains. The upstairs bedroom was actually a loft combining the game room, which provided floor to ceiling views. Impressive!

The kitchen was equipped with all the basics that you would need to make a basic breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Beds were comfortable and there are several ceiling fans throughout to keep the cabin cool making sleeping very comfortable.

We had an excellent time staying here and did not want to come home! I would stay at this resort again without hesitation. It was a great value because you received a free night if you booked 6 nights. You also received 20% off by purchasing a Dollywood season pass that comes with one buddy pass. So my wife and I went to Dollywood for a day with our son, which was pretty fun.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My family and I stayed in the Perfect 4 You cabin in Starr Crest Resort recently and were very pleased. We had a few issues but nothing big - a couple of light bulbs were out, and towels and washcloths had been left in washer and dryer. The air hockey and other games in the cabin were a nice addition, it's location is not far from the Parkway in Pigeon Forge, and the view of the mountains was AMAZING!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hurley, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Excellent view. Cabin is nice. Don't trust Outrageous cabins if they tell you "Internet Access is available" in the area! We needed internet to keep up with business while there, and I asked the guy when we made the reservations if it was available. He says that the neighborhood has access available. Most of the cabins surrounding ours are Dollywood cabins and they have internet access, but it is locked out where you cannot access it. Other than that, the cabin is really nice. They do need to upgrade the sheets and comforters to "Fit" the bed, as they are too small and the blankets have been chewed by some animal, probably a dog, yet folded and put in the closet. Bed is comfortable.

windham ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We recently stayed at Bearly Awake, Outrageous Cabins. All we expected and more. Easy to find the office and then our cabin. To say that the view is breathtaking really is an understatement. There are no words to describe the beauty. The cabin itself was just as advertised. All wood, glass and comfort. The bed was the best. Luxurious mattress and blankets, great nights sleep. The hot tub was clean and hot, just the way we like it. As far as internet, we brought a laptop with us, the connection wasn't the best but that is what we expected, no problem. We could not figure out the TV or the heat, called the office and Dale came right away and got us all fixed up. We sat on the deck every morning having our breakfast, enjoying the peace and view. Oh by the way, watching the bear wander around on the road below us wasn't too bad either. Hope to be able to go back to Bearly Awake.

Winston, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

You can't go wrong booking this cabin, trust me! I've got to admit I was alittle skeptical simply because the rental rates were so low (compared to others in Pigeon Forge) but this cabin was really AMAZING. We had a couple problems when we first arrived but the management at the rental office of "Outrageous Cabins" had the repairs completed within 24 hours. Very courteous, very prompt.
First let me tell you, the cabin and it's views have the "WOW" factor! Really, really nice furniture, polished floors, wall-to-wall windows with views over Pigeon Forge. The up-stairs loft area is pure heaven for your kids. It's one HUGE room with Air-Hockey table, Foose Ball table, Pool Table, Multigame (two player) sit-down Arcade game, Desk w/ computer, King-Size Bed with nightstands, LARGE wall-mounted television with dvd player, wii and stereo. There's an open-window jacuzzi bathtub & shower. The balcony off the loft has rockers, a swing and the jacuzzi! There's everything a kid (or kid at heart) could want!
There's plenty of available sitting in the living room & dining room. The kitchen is fairly stocked but could be better. The bedroom on the main level has beautiful furniture and a private bathroom with a shower. There are two more bedrooms downstairs that we didn't rent.
Now, here's the reason's why I couldn't give it 5-stars...
#1- The bottom fitted sheets didn't fit the mattresses. Throughout the night you'll find yourself pullings the corners back on. Or, you'll wake-up on the bare mattress. The mattresses are soft and squishy.
#2- The bath towels were really small. (cheapest I've seen) Barely covered my 9 year-old grandchild.
#3- The fireplace in the living room wasn't REAL! It was a LIGHTBULB and a blow-out heater. VERY disapponting for being in the mountains in Pigeon Forge! I don't believe the website stated this.
#4- The jacuzzi is sort of "low-end" and the jets are really pittiful. It did heat good.
With all this being said, I "WILL" go back to "Away From It All" Only, next time I'll bring my own sheets, bathtowels and not look forward to a crackling fire. For the money, it was really GREAT!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Starr Crest Resort? Share your experiences!