“Majestic Mountain was Majestic!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Starr Crest Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Starr Crest Resort to your Saves list
Starr Crest Resort
3.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   1431 Upper Middle Creek Road, Sevierville, TN 37876   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
“Majestic Mountain was Majestic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have been renting cabins in the pigeon forge/Gatlinburg for about 6 years now. Every time I would rent a cabin from seeing it on line,,I would be a little disappointed in my view or something else because it looked different on line. The view would always be obstructed by trees...Last summer,,when I was coming down the mountain from our cabin that we rented,,I passed by Starr Crest Resort,,I noticed how nice it looked from the road,,so I turned around and proceeded up the mountain,,,,when I went around the bend and started looking at the cabins ,,I was very impressed,,,so I drove around and found the ones with the best views,,and I wrote them down! So after I got home from vacation,,I looked up the cabin that I wanted from Starr Crest Resort,,I FOUND it,,and I went ahead and reserved it for the next coming summer(which was for this summer 2012) I am glad that I booked in advance,,because by December of last year,,June and July was fully booked! I was so excited to get there to this cabin,because I knew what I was actually getting this time,,and let me tell you,,,I was VERY HAPPY with this cabin!!! The view was AWESOME!!!,, We would sit out on the deck and could actually see people riding the roller coasters at Dollywood! The deck had the most comfortable chairs to sit in,,they all had cushions,,in the past cabins that I rented,,the chairs on the deck were so uncomfortable that we never spent any time out there,,but let me tell you,,THIS SUMMER,,we spent mornings,mid days,,and late nights out on these decks EVERY DAY,,,the deck was my favorite part,,so relaxing,,go take a look at the inside of this cabin,,you will not be disappointed!! The cabin is ran by Dollywood,,so with just one day admission,,you can go to Dollywood EVERY day that you are there,,we stayed 7 days,,and we were able to go EVERY day if we wanted,,and free parking!! I really hated leaving this cabin,,we came with another couple and their daughter,,and my sons,,they all enjoyed this cabin,,my sons said that this was the best cabin that they have ever stayed in without a doubt,, they want me to reserve again for next summer,,and believe me,,I WILL!!!!

Room Tip: Going 4th of July week is AWESOME!! Watching fireworks from the deck is amazing! Bring your bikes an...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We rented a cabin called "Almost Perfect" from Outrageous Cabins. After reading so many bad reviews about all different cabins from all different places, I became very nervous about booking a cabin instead of a hotel room. Well, I have to say I am so glad we went with Outrageous Cabins. It was VERY clean and VERY well stocked. I had actually over packed out of fear that the cabin would not have what we would need. The cabin had it all. Never ran out of soap, shampoo, dish soap, towels, etc. There were neat little touches around the cabin like towels folded into swans, a puppy dog, and butterflies. You can tell great care and pride goes into the cabin.

We would spend the day sightseeing and it was HOT, so it was so nice to come back to a cool cabin with an amazing view. We loved to unwind upstairs with the pool table, hot tub, and air hockey. You can hear Dolly's train in the distance and one night we were even surprised with an awesome view of fireworks. And the sunset was incredible.

Our only complaint was there was trouble with the hot water. They did respond to our calls, but it took awhile for them to work the kinks out. Also, the beds are really high. I am really short and it took great effort to climb into the bed. I needed a step stool! LOL! But once I was in the bed, it was one of the most comfortable beds I had ever slept in. If it wasn't for that, "Almost Perfect" would have been "Absolutely Perfect". Other than that, we will definately be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Vidalia, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We arrived at the cute cabin at the top of the mountain it seemed to find nasty bed linens on all the beds (first thing we always check). Called the main office and they sent a housekeeper to change them wile we went to the park. A piece of walnut from the previous renters was left on the kitchen counter and the shower bottom was nasty. They don't know what Clorox will do. We do not wear shoes in our own home, so we took off our shoes here only to find that we needed to wear our shoes to keep from having black sock bottoms. Very disappointed in the cleanliness. You will pay a $49 reservation fee as well as a $20 hot tub fee. I wouldn't have used that hot tub if they had paid me the $20 since other things had not been cleaned. Other issues were minor. There was an electrical issue with a lamp, air hockey table edge was messed up, and x-box controller didn't work long b/c of a battery issue. We went to Walmart and bought a charger for our use while we were there. Couldn't sleep one night b/c of the party in a cabin across the road. Even though we covered our trashcan well, we had to clean up our trash b/c of a bear. Would I recommend? I guess. Been there, done that. Will not ever go again. I had children aged 2,11,13, and 15...no problem with roominess/fun at the cabin...Park was geared more for the older couples over 50.

Room Tip: Best views are, of course, on the cliff side. Might want to bring a portable gate if you have littl...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This was mine and the hubby's first trip sans kids in about 10 years and he suggested Tennesse...shocking to me, but it was well worth the 8 hour drive. As far as beauty and surroundings go, you can NOT go wrong. We booked a 3 night stay at the Pinnacle Vista Condo 4005 through the Dollywood Vacation Rentals on the Dollywood website, and the condo itself was amazing. From the cleanliness to the size, up to and including the view and the comfortable beds, you could not ask for anything more. There were only problems that are small: both something that management really should take care of. The indoor pool was ice, and i mean ICE cold, It was unusable. You could not possible go into this beautiful thing without getting hypothermia so we decided to use the hot tub, which was lukewarm and none of the jets worked, so it did not circulate the water at all. This caused the water to have a stench that was just awful. What a shame too because both of these facilities were so beautiful and inviting. The only other issue is that they are rebuilding the retaining walls and driveway up to the condo and it is a mess! The workers do not speak English so they were not understanding the fact that my huge truck was not able to turn around on a dime and started throwing road cones when I asked them if i could get up to the parking lot to turn around. The rental place should have warned us of this just so that we could have been aware and maybe we would have been able to park at a different location. (Parking is very very tight in this area). Other than those small issues...ABSOLUTELY no complaints and can not wait until we go back with the kids and show them the joy of Pigeon Forge, Dollywood and the amazing sights...ESPECIALLY the Hatfield and McCoy Dinner Show!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
BRIGHTON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Dirty, cobwebs on lights, dust under dressser and behind beds, hot tub only heats to 96, burned out lights, bedspead has hole and is worn, vacuum broken, majority of handle gone, cracked kitchen window, dishwasher missing wheel, wooden valances for windows in closet, whole house stero not working, bathroom vents need cleaning and vacuuming, microwave panel broken, just problem after problem. Other items not mentioned, but owner is aware and won't fix.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I've been staying with another cabin rental company for over ten years, but for a week away, they were very expensive. I looked around and found Outrageous Cabins. They were much cheaper and the pictures looked nice, so we decided to try them (and saved $1000!). The pictures didn't lie! I've never stayed at any vacation rental/ hotel that was so clean before.

The cabin was extremely clean, including the entrance way/ balconies, which I was surprised about because most don't take the time to clean them... no cobwebs, or bugs, except for the occasional bee. Sheets were nice and clean, which is something I also scrutinize. All the dishes were nice and clean, floors swept.... looked like a brand new house. 5 stars for cleanliness!

Our cabin was at the top of the mountain, so I always get nervous about the roads up there (and make someone else drive), which usually are sharp and narrow, with steep drop-offs. Nope. These roads (which I would drive up by myself) were very wide, easily fit two, possibly three cars, and very few drop offs, with most being at the very top of the mtn. And really, you would have to try to drive your car off the mtn. There were a few sharp turns, and a couple of steep hills, so I don't know how they would be in the winter with snow (I read they maintain the roads very well in the winter). The driveway was also wonderful. Huge, paved driveway that would easily fit several cars. I would stay with OC again just for the roads.

We went to the cabin before going to the grocery store (Walmart was just four miles from redlight 8 on the Parkway, so not a far drive). I'm glad we did, cause there was a couple of cooking utensils we had to buy. There was a limited number of pots and pans ( I think about 3 apiece). There was one cookie sheet. Three plastic mixing bowls ( 2 large, one small-medium size). There was a large strainer. No cheese grater, but we brought our own. There was any pans to cook/bake in (like for casseroles, cakes, etc), so we just bought the disposible foil ones. There was plenty of glasses, plates, bowls, and silverware. They did have an automatic and manual can opener. The cabin did come with starter papertowels, toilet paper, a little bottle of dish soap, dishwasher detergent for one cycle, and some bar soap for the bathrooms. I would recommend buying these things if staying for a week like we did.

The only problems we had were with the keypad on the entrance door to the cabin... a couple of times the lock wouldn't retract fully, so we wouldn't be able to open the door. We would have to hit the lock button and punch in the code again and it would open. Also, we did discover ants in the kitchen going to the sink.

The pictures online are real, too. They looked photo shopped to me but once we got up there and saw the view, they were definately real. The only picture that didn't go with the cabin was the hot tub picture with the mtn view in the background. I noticed it on other cabin's pictures too.

The staff was so nice and friendly when we checked in and out. Overall, we had a great experience and will definately be using this company again for our future trips up there!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Overall we had a very nice stay in this cabin...It was nicely decorated in a rustic manner....very roomy and the bed was comfortable enough (but I think they should add an extra foam topper for added comfort). Also update the dark bed spread and throw pillows... The bathroom was nice enough and clean. The kitchen was large enough but could use newer and extra pots/pans. The pots/pans were teflon and were scratched up so these should be replaced. They could use some spatulas and other kitchen utensils.. They had enough nice plates and cups/saucers/utensils.

The main complaint was all the ANTS in the kitchen...which seem to come from under the sink cabinet...every morning the counte was covered with them and this was disappointing....I doubt this was a NEW issue so that wasnt pleasant to deal with every day....

Another problem was the driveway...or lack of a paved entry...there was a deep ditch that about wreck the bottom of our car...we had to drive up a hill that was in between the cabin next to us to pull our car next to our cabin.....this is another thing that should have been corrected easily with adding more rocks or cemet or simply pave....

Another pet peeve of mine was the miniature ironing board...I HATE these...and most people do....it doesn't cost that much to include a standard iron board versus these silly table top versions....

The view was nice enough but you couldn't see the mountains - only trees....we could see the mountain range from the kitchen door however...

A nice surprise was the hot tub being full of warm water ready to use...!!

As noted - this cabin had a very small and limited amount of toiletries so just plan on bring basic things you will want to use (or buy locally - there is a walmart about 15 minutes)

The staff at Dollywood Vacations were very nice and friendly...no complaints here...This cabin is about a mile from a lot of shopping and eating places....and only minutes from dollywood park....

We got this cabin for only $100 a night and I would have been very unhappy if we paid more for some of the problems we ran into.

If it wasn't for the ANTS and DRIVEWAY I would have gave this place a higher rating. We will come back - maybe to another cabin for a nicer view of the mountain range....but overall this cabin was very nice...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Starr Crest Resort? Share your experiences!