“Best Experience I've had so far..” 5 of 5 stars

You added MountainTop Resorts Douglas Lake to your Saves list
MountainTop Resorts Douglas Lake
2788 Windfall Estates Dr, Sevierville, TN 37876   |
Alpharetta, GA
“Best Experience I've had so far..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2007

I recently brought my family to MountainTop - the Douglas Lake Resort - for a Labor Day/End of Summer weekend away. I have 2 small children and one teenager, so needless to say, vacations of any sort are stressful, and price is always a priority.

We were able to stay in a 3 bedroom cabin with a pool table and unbelievable view for half the price of the others in the area we were looking at (I got the special price from one of their newsletters) and couldn't have been more pleased. We have visited the area several times, but this was my first stay with this particular cabin rental/resort company.

The office staff was friendly and helpful throughout the entire process, and they also have a video checkout in the front office (which came in handy). The cabin was beautiful, clean, well maintained and very comfortable. Our experience was, in all honesty, exactly what I – as a mom of three – was hoping for. Relaxing but entertaining for my children, and a chance for us all to get away and spend some much needed family time together.

Having said that – I will tell you this: This review is not meant to insinuate that everything was flawless - when we first checked in, they had misbooked us in a cabin without a pool table – which was something very important to my teenager and husband. However, once we let them know, they promptly apologized, brought us the correct keys and everything went smoothly for the rest of our weekend.

I will continue to take my family back to Mountaintop at Douglas Lake - we were able to take a boat out on the Lake, stretch our legs and relax together as a family. After staying at other cabins in the area (not to say they are all bad - because there not) this is the best by far. I can highly recommend these cabins to anyone looking to visit the area.

• Liked — The beautiful views and spacious cabins
  • Disliked — Didn't know to stock up at the grocery on the way in!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Solo
Business
Medway, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2007

We dont get a chance to take a vacation often so we didnt want a bad experience. We were very concern after reading the other reviews that we made a mistake but took a chance and were glad that we did.
We had a wonderful time, very nice cabin, clean and a wonderful view. The cabins are not close to town but not more then 30 minutes from all the action. We didnt want to be in town so we didnt mind the drive.
The pool is not right out your back door but not difficult to get to, nice walk, very clean and refreshing. The Lake was beautiful but like we were told very low but once your on it you didnt notice.
The ladies in the office were all very nice. We talked with Devon, she was very helpful and went out of her way to help us after we first went though a travel agent , I suggest booking direct though MountainTop resort and Devon.

• Liked — View
  • Disliked — Had to leave
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2006

Hello
To any of you considering staying at this resort watch out. My family went here and were told we could pay extra for a early check-in (WRONG) my family was denied only to upon entering our cabin to find filthy dirty mens under garmet laying on the floo,.Bathroom were not cleaned properly, and to mant things to mention about the up keep of the cabin. There were things broken and just sitting on the floor.The whole weekend we could not even ust the hot tub.It was way nastier than the bathrooms inside our cabin.I went to the main office and was exspecting to receive another cabin that was properly cleaned and prepared fpr a family to stay, but cutomer service was really bad all they did was played a blame game. Thats the last thing a family needs when paying good money and all of this happens with no additional accomidationd from resort. Well when I thought it couldnt get worse it did. My family was having a family reuniion and several families rented their own cabin, my sister became very ill and had to cancel her reservations or so she thought until she was informed by her credit card that they never cmpleted her request to cancel so she is still trying to get this situation fixed. SO MY OWN OPION IS TO PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE!!! GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!! AND PLEASE GIVE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY A VACATION THEY AND YOU DESERVE!!!

• Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2006

We just returned from a long weekend stay at Douglas Lake Mountaintop
Resorts. The website is truly misleading. The roads are extremely narrow and the pool/lodge area was at least a 3-5 min drive. (not convenient with kids). We brought our boat and the landing was very hard to navigate. The cabin advertises sleeps 7, however, there is one sofa for all guests to sit on! There was one thin bedspread on the beds, so bring extra blankets and towels as no linen service was provided and no washer/dryer in cabin. There was one 6 inch skillet, so cooking bacon took a really long time--bring a griddle or large frying pan with you.
It is a nice area, the porch had two rocking chairs and a hot tub which was nice. You cannot even see the mountains or lake from most cabins, so if that is important, call and see if you can be located in one with a view. It is a beautiful area, and we still had a good vacation, we just won't be staying there again. It seems deserted and not well maintained.

• Stayed June 2006

Been to MountainTop Resorts Douglas Lake? Share your experiences!