“Recommended by friends now we will recommend” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 144 restaurants in Sevierville
Cuisines: American
Nashville, Michigan
“Recommended by friends now we will recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by our friends so we decided to give it a try. We were pleasantly surprised upon the smooth flow of service and the speed in which we were served. The meal servings were more than ample size and I might add very tasty---more like home cooked. We will return again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
Louisville, Kentucky
“Wonderful food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We have been there several times over the past 10 years. The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is great. While not advertised - they have something called "Share a plate" for about $9. You get the same items, soup, salad, fritters, side dishes as the person who orders the full menu item. You just share the meat entry! :) LOVE THEM!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“If The Food Is Good There's Usually A Wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten at the Old Mill multiple times and have never been disappointed. On our most recent visit, we arrived at 3:45 pm and still had a short wait, which is normal. You can get various dishes each of which has generous portions. The evening meal menu includes corn fritters, salad, biscuits, green beans, mashed potatoes and a desert with the entree. It's not the cheapest place to eat (total bill for 2 was $50 with tip) but considering the large meal, GREAT service and atmosphere, it was worth it. It's well worth your time if you like good country cooking.

Visited November 2013
Saint Augustine, FL
“Consistently good, year after year!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I've eaten here many times over the years when I visit from FL, and I can honestly say this- the meals are consistently good and the overall experience ALWAYS meets my expectations!

After about a 40 minute wait for myself, I was seated with a view overlooking the water below. About that wait- I arrived at 3:20 on a Wednesday and it was already absolutely jam packed with guests! I was hearing waits of 1-1.5 hrs before I was seated, so you NEED to plan your arrival ahead of time. If you expect to arrive and eat within 30 minutes, forget it and find somewhere else to go. And trust me, that issue will NEVER change because the place is simply THAT good!

My server "Kip" was extremely and genuinely kind and made me feel very welcome. He was very efficient (which is a major reason for the restaurants success in moving people in/out as they do) but always very polite in his actions- you never felt rushed. The corn fritter appetizer and my drink arrived within minutes of sitting down and off went my order. I was amazed at how perfectly balanced my service was in that nothing ever arrived too soon or too late; it was all perfectly in tune with my pace of eating.

The corn fritters are to die for and tasted more like a dessert! I ordered the turkey lunch which consisted of a large portion of turkey dressing, fresh turkey slices on top of the dressing with drizzled gravy, homemade mashed potatoes, country green beans, and a biscuit. This was way too much food for just me to eat........BUT I DID!

There wasn't a bad item on my plate nor was there ANYTHING to complain about. My meal was wrapped up with a piece of the homemade chocolate cake with scratch frosting on top. Just as I said to some guests beside me, "I wouldn't tell my momma, but that cake was just as good if not better than hers!"

Over the years, I have never had a bad meal at the Old mill, and I've also always enjoyed the many shops on their premises to walk thru either before or after my meal. You simply need to know that you will ALWAYS have a long wait there because it has become a staple among the locals and annual visitors and shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon. Plan your lunch very early as dinner starts at 4. If I were planning dinner there with a group that wanted to eat before 7, I would plan on arriving around 5:15-5:30.......but you won't be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Jefferson, NC
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Love the food and service was great. Was told the wait would be about 30 to 35 mintues. Was called in about 15.

Visited October 2013