“Has gotten better” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 152 Restaurants in Sevierville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Sandwiches
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: We strive for the highest quality in all things - beverages, food. Service, and ambiance.The experience for our guest must be exceptional!
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Has gotten better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The first time I went to Holston's it was a poor experience. My friend had not arrived & they refused to seat me. There was only 1 table seated but they still said they would not until the entire party (of 2) was there! I spoke with a manager & she was extremely rude. I was surprised, since they had just opened. Friends of mine talked me into going back and the experience was better. Of course, we were all there at the same time so we didn't have that issue again. The interior lighting at night is very nice. We had a good waiter and the food was good. The prices are somewhat high for the portion size but it is in a tourist town, although off the beaten track. I still say they could have been nicer the first time but I would go again, provided I didn't have to deal with their manager ever again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
“Good Locally Owned Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The ambiance is lovely and the service is very good. The food is similar to the rest of the owners other restaurants but it was very tasty none the less. I would definitely recommend this place to others and have used this restaurant many times for business meetings.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Waynesville, North Carolina
“Great dinner but be careful on your birthday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I were visiting in the area and got this recommendation from our innkeeper. The restaurant was crowded, not full and seemed to be full of activity. We ordered dinner, my wife with the coconut shrimp appetizer (about 8-9 large shrimp) and I had the fish and chips.

She loved the shrimp and I thought the fish and chips were very good. A ton of french fries served as the bed on a large plate for four nice sized chunks of a tender fish. I prefer thicker fries and not this shoestring variety but they were fine for what they were - just not traditional for the food item.

Overall the meal was very good.

The rub came when the waiter found out it was my birthday and offered two times the free birthday desert. While we were full already we said OK and he brought it out in short order. It was magnificent and we finished it much to our surprise - required one more notch on the belt.

We left fat, dumb and happy - that is until two days later when I got home and found two charges on my credit card. One was for the dinner bill which I signed and one for the "free" desert which I did not sign or know about. I called the restaurant and talked to a manager who found it hard to believe that I thought the desert was free. This was only offered to long time (best) customers I was told. She said she would track it down at the corporate office and investigate with the staff. The next day she called back and said the desert bill was to be reversed and that staff training was going to be given. I am not sure I ever heard an "I am sorry" but I did get my credit a day later. Kind of ruined what was a good birthday dinner and required a long distance call and a "you are guilty" accusation.

Might go back - just not on my birthday.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sevierville, Tennessee
“Not so much.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Holston's is a local restaurant locally owned. The interior is VERY nice. Not overly done on the hillbilly stuff you sometimes get here. Food was at best average. My husband was much happier with his meal than I. I got the French dip and it was okay. Husband got a pineapple chicken dish and thought it was very good. I would give it another shot. It's always good to support locally owned businesses and I certainly haven't written Holston's off. Give it a try!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Don't go there!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Manager Mel was rude to us. We had a child with us that has a severe milk allergy. We asked for her chicken to be cooked in a clean pan or a clean spot on the grill and they said they could not do that because they were too busy! Really??

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere