“Pancake Paradise!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Cincinnati
“Pancake Paradise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Picked FlapJacks for a good breakfast, in celebration of pancakes (it's an inside joke, but we are serious about our pancakes). So, based on the TripAdvisor reviews and recommendation of a friend, FlapJacks (Sevierville location) was the winner.

I was not hopeful, after the first impression of no hostess at the station, a half empty restaurant and no one paying any attention to the eight people waiting to be seated. After about 10 minutes, a server sat us. Our server, Teresa, arrived at our table immediately and was delightful. Our order: Reese Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cup Pancakes, with a side of sausage patties and an order of Sticky Bun Pancakes arrived quickly and looked amazing.

Both flavors were noted on the menu as "favorites" and they didn't fail to please. Cooked perfectly, the pancakes were flavorful and packed with delicious add ins. Five or six pancakes layered across the plate were filling and tasty. My partner and I switched plates half way through, since we were envious of each others pancake order.

The peanut butter chocolate chip pancakes were sinful and offered up melted and scattered chocolate chips, crumbled peanut butter cups and a striping of peanut butter sauce. The sticky bun pancakes looked and smelled like a traditional sticky bun. The first mouthful told the story of why FlapJacks is successful...they do it right! The pancakes tasted exactly like a sticky bun complete with pecans, cinnamon and creamy glaze. However, you've got to eat these fast, because as the cool - the glaze clouds up and gets clumpy. There wasn't a worry about not eating these fast, because they were delicious.

The two sausage patties for $2.99 were largely forgettable and dry. My suggestion? Skip everything on the menu, except for the pancakes. Generous portions. Delicious combinations. All priced around $7.50 - and worth every penny.

Our server, Teresa, was lovely and very personable. The young lady who brought our order to the table was equally friendly and conversational. Cashing out was fast and friendly. I made a purchase in the gift area (salt scrub) and learned quite a bit about the product from the cashier.

All in all, we spent $24.64 (2 orders of pancakes, 2 drinks and a side of sausage) and we were pleased with the quality, service and value. I would definitely go back to FlapJacks (daily, if possible - just to work my way through the pancake selections)!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

We chose to eat here and try their pancakes! The food was ok--nothing spectacular. A few of our plates were barely warm. The service was ok. Generally an ok dining experience with sub par breakfast!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
CT
“Great Place for Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stopped at Flapjacks on the way out of town. It was so great. I wish we had gone sooner! The pancakes were made perfectly. The coffee was great. Service was prompt and courteous. They have a gift shop right in the restaurant. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gray Court, South Carolina
“UMMM, SO GOOD!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stopped at FlapJacks on our way home from vacation. I wish that I had known how good the food is, we would have went sooner. My entire family enjoyed breakfast. I can't wait to be back in Sevierville so that we can go back.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tuppers Plains, Ohio
“Awesome Pancakes!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stopped at this resturant on our way out of town. The place was packed, but we got right in. There prices were very reasonable and the servings were very large. My child recommends trying the Chocolate Reese's Pancakes. Very nice place and the servers were very friendly.

Visited August 2012