“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 73 things to do in Sevierville
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2005

After visiting some of the sham attractions in the Smokies, it is a breath of fresh air to actually get my money's worth out of an attraction. My family ws tortured by overpriced money-traps (ie the so-called Dinosaur Museum, Three Bears Gift Shop and live bear "habitat" and so much more). My family spent three hours touring the extensive and authentic displays and my kids, ages 4 and 2, LOVED the show. They bring out live animals and reptiles and then let the kids interact with them Keep up the good work and we WILL be back.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Like they all should be!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2005

The weather was freezing so we were forced to find something inside to do, (the forbidden caverns was closed for the season but that is where we were headed). A waitress at the resturant told us about the rain forest so we figured what the heck! Very pleased with the whole thing. There is even this cool jungle music playing (reminded me of a tarzan movie) when we arrived. Both my husband and I learned a lot when we were there as well as having a very nice time. Very nice time overall in the area, you guys need a Carrabas resturant though!!

“Glad we stopped”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2004

We were headed out of town from Gatlinburg when we saw a sign for the RainForest, a little extra time to kill so the kids talked us into it. As a family we were all very impressed. This place ain't like your old tourist traps, somebody did thier homework on this one. Hats off to the guy that did the little program for our group (maybe 30 or 40 of us, so it was not that crowded) he let the kids touch and feel some pretty cool animals. We would do it again, and that is saying something in Pigeon Forge

“Totally Cool animals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2004

Can't say enough for this place. We took both our children and parents while visiting our cabin in the Smokies. We found this place in one of those visitors magazines that was in the lobby of the check in place. Our visit lasted a little over 2 hours, there was baby birds coming out of the nest while we were there so the kids would not leave the window until they flew! no food available here but there was 5 resturants in the shopping center Raintree is located in. Very clean cages, a little bit of an odor but I guess that is to be expected with so many live animals. My mom loved the gift shop as much as my kids did. Very inexpensively priced shirts, stuffed toys etc. We actually purchased season passes when we were leaving, see you guys over the Thanksgiving holiday!! Thanks for letting us take pictures with the big lizard....already spent $20.00 at Staples getting it blown up for a poster.

“A Great Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2004

WOW! What a great find! We thoroughly enjoyed walking through and looking at all the facinating animals. The 45 minute show was wonderful. The guide was very knowledgable and informative. He not only gave you background on each animal, he also talked about ecology and the enviornment. It was very educational. My girls even got to get their picture taken with a python around their neck! I thought the price was very reasonable and we got our money's worth. The gift shop was a nice surprise as well!