“Nice for the price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hidden Mountain Resorts

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sevierville
Hidden Mountain Resorts
You added Hidden Mountain Resorts to your Saves list
475 Apple Valley Road, foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, Sevierville, TN 37862   |
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Sevierville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
West Liberty, Kentucky
“Nice for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I recently stayed in cabin 4083 - Nature Sings - in the East Hidden Mountain community as part of a group of 17. It was a beautiful, large cabin with seven bedrooms and seven bathrooms - each bedroom had a private bathroom, which was very nice. There was an outdoor pool shared with two other cabins and a lovely deck area with two enormous gas grills and several picnic tables.

We had a few snafus upon arrival. The wireless didn't work, a tv in one of the bedrooms didn't work, and the refrigerator and freezer weren't getting cold enough. These issues were all dealt with promptly by management and everything was quickly back in working order.

The living room had only a single couch and two rocking chairs for seating, which seemed a bit sparse for a seven bedroom cabin. However, what was there was nice. The basement recreation area had a bit more seating, but the big screen projection television down there was almost unusable. It was so dark we could barely see the programs/movies. This really needs to be upgraded. The pool table was a big hit with the children and they enjoyed spending time down there despite the TV not being useful.

Each level had a large porch with numerous rocking chairs, swings, and seats. These were nice. The main level porch also had the hot tub, which worked very well. We didn't use it a great deal because it was so hot that we preferred to cool down in the pool, instead. It was fabulous to have the pool right outside the door! The pool itself was clean enough, but the deck could really use a good power washing because the concrete was quite green around it.

My bed slept comfortably - it was neither too hard or soft. Everyone else in our party seemed satisfied with their sleeping accommodations, except for the bottom bunk of the small upstairs bedroom. It was broken and the mattress was actually lying on the floor. We forgot to mention this when we spoke with management early on about the issues we had.

The washer and dryer worked very well and it was nice to have them available.

The stove, microwave and dishwasher all worked well. We had no complaints with them. The refrigerator worked well after maintenance looked at it. The dining table was large with plenty of chairs.

The location of the Hidden Mountain East cabins is fantastic! It seemed so much closer to everything than cabins we've stayed in in the Wears Valley Road (turn right at traffic light #3 in Pigeon Forge) area. Everyone was pleased by the cabin's close proximity to the attractions we wanted to visit.

Overall, I would stay at this cabin again. It wasn't perfect, but it was beautiful, we had plenty of room and bathrooms for everyone in our party, and the rate couldn't be beat! Even though we had some concerns, they were quickly addressed by management and we were certainly satisfied by their customer service. We also appreciated the lack of extra fees.

Thanks, Hidden Mountain, for the wonderful, relaxing mini-vacation! We will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
SerenityKelly, Manager at Hidden Mountain Resorts, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and we have addressed your noted issues. We appreciate the wonderful photos you posted, and would love to be able to use them with your permission. If you we have your permission to use your great photos, could you please email them to us at kay@hiddenmountain.com. We appreciate your business.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
jefferson,tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Writing this review as I sit in the front porch swing this is a great place to stay close to everything in Pigeon Forge but yet far away from it all too.I would recommend this place to anyone have stayed here several times and have not stayed in a bad cabin yet!!

• Stayed June 2013
SerenityKelly, Manager at Hidden Mountain Resorts, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your continued business with us and your kind words.
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Just spent a great week at Hidden Mountain for a family reunion/vacation. Stayed in the cottages -- 2501, 2502, 2505 and 2521. There were 23 of us, ages 3 months to 93 years, and our time together at the resort will be something special to remember. We had a few problems with The Farm House Lodge, 2501, which I think was the oldest of the 4 cottages we rented. All it took was a call to the desk and someone was down to solve our problems asap. The guy that got the air conditioning to work, almost too well, was great and very professional, had it not been fixed life would have been miserable in the cottage. There were a few broken tiles in one of the bathrooms but it wasn't anything that marred our experience. 2502 was a trip to the 90's but so nicely done, looked just like the pictures showed and was very nicely kept up. The others were used by our older children and they loved their cottages as well. We had a few problems with "visitors" in the night getting into the garbage but that seems to happen when one is in the mountains. Some bungy cords would be great to keep the tops on the garbage.
I know that these cottages are individually owned but in some cases, like 2501, I would think that Hidden Mountain would require some standards as so general upkeep and replacing old/not working well items. It can take away from the experience when you walk in and find things that are in need of repair.
I know some complained about spiders, hey you're in the mountains. I don't complain about the ones I have at my house.
I do wish there were more cleaning items in the units. I had to call to the front desk to get a broom, had we only stayed one night no big deal but being there a week and being a somewhat clean freak I felt it necessary to keep things looking up to par.
All in all we had a very nice time and would return and I would recommend Hidden Mountain to anyone.

Room Tip: If you don't like traveling up the roads to the mountain cabins, the cottages are great. They ev...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay with us. The cottages are a group favorite. We appreciate your kind words. We hope you will visit us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We have been visiting Hidden Mountain Resorts for the last 14 years! It is very relaxing and quiet. The kids really enjoyed the private pool this time. A bit more cleaning is necessary by the staff as we have cob webs and a lot of dust around stairs.

• Stayed June 2013
SerenityKelly, Manager at Hidden Mountain Resorts, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I am glad you had a great stay with us. I have passed along your cleaning comments to our staff. We appreciate you letting us know about that. Thank you for your business.
Geneseo, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We spent a week in east Cabin 4053. I can't think of anything negative to say about this place. The cabin was great! Clean. Loaded with all the amenities. We enjoyed the hot tub, ping pong table, pool table and most especially the beautiful surroundings. We spent the week hitting the sites around Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg but couldn't wait to get back to our cabin each evening. Was great having the grill on the deck to prepare dinner. Can't wait to go back to this place!!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us in 4053. That is a beautiful cabin! It is in a great location and has so many great features. We appreciate your business and kind words.
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We have stayed with Hidden Mountain three times in the past. We stayed in different cabins each time. Their cabins are always clean,beautifully decorated, and we have never seen a bug inside the cabins. The staff is always friendly and helpful and we have never had a problem. Their rental rates are very affordable. We have rented from other companies, but never again. This company is the best in our opinion.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate your business.
Cookeville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We booked a one bedroom cabin for our 30th anniversary for 4 days. Upon arrival in the late pm we saw several large black ants on the wall next to the bed. After killing at least a dozen, we went to bed, only to be awakened by ant bites, needless to say we got no sleep. Then we look in the early morning and both walls on each side of the bed had large black ants crawling on the wall. We also noticed spiders and webs along with two brown worms (that we stomped) crawling on the floor. That was it, we packed up immediately and went to their main office in an attempt to get another cabin. After describing what we experienced, all we got was, "well, you must have dropped something sugary on the floor". Funny, as we had not even unpacked. They refused to get us another cabin without a larger upcharge fee and would not let us talk to the manager. Instead they offered while we were away to have the cabin sprayed. When I explained my wife was allergic to a lot of chemicals and smells and that no one should stay inside there for several days after spraying. All they would say is that , "we have creatures here and you acknowledged that when you signed our contract". So, they would not give us credit and charged us the whole amount when we wanted to cancel the remainder of the stay. We left and they kept our monies paid. Hard to believe they would not try to accomodate a customer, as we had been there several times with our family over the past several years and never had any problems. Oh, they did say as we left, "have a nice day". My advice, I never will be back, nor will my family. Further I will tell anyone planning on staying there to beware, and look elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SerenityKelly, Manager at Hidden Mountain Resorts, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
I am the manager that assisted this guest. The guests were staying in unit 2003, which rents for $75 per night plus tax. When they came to the front office after their first night, they were requesting a refund before we could even offer any other options. They told our front desk staff member that they had seen some big black ants in the unit and they just wanted their money back. Our front desk staff member offered to have the unit sprayed that day and did mention that if you left food out this can cause ants to attract to your unit. The spray that we use is odorless and meets standard safety requirements. We also offered to allow the guests to move, but we did tell them that they would have to pay the difference because they were staying in the least expensive unit that we have. The owner of the resort was called while they were in our office and all of this was explained to them once again by the owner. We also explained that our policy is "No refunds for early departures" and that because you are in a cabin in the woods, our bug policy is, "Every unit is professionally treated for critters and bugs on a regular basis, however, occasional invaders may make there way inside. Management will not be responsible in these instances." Our staff member tried to encourage them to stay, but they insisted on leaving. While they were in the office they made no mention of any other bugs except for ants; and there was no mention made of any ant bites. They declined any of our options, and said they understood there would be no refund per the owner, and you left. Later that afternoon, the guest called back and spoke with me directly. The phone call was initiated by inquiring what the card had been charged for the stay. I went over all of the charges, and they started to tell me that they had only stayed 1 night. I once again explained the policies that had been told to them earlier that morning, and reminded them of what we had offered, but they had declined and opted to leave knowing there would be no refund. They asked for a break down of the charges and I went over every charge in detail. Because their reservation included a Deposit Guarantee which means that deposits are nonrefundable for any reason unless you purchase a deposit guarantee, which allows you to cancel or alter your reservation by 4 pm the day prior to your arrival. It does not apply to early checkouts and it is 7% of your rental fee. The guest kept stating that since they had told us they wanted to cancel the last 3 nights of their stay that they should get their money back. I had to explain at least three times the policies that they had already been aware of at the time of booking the reservation, and what our front desk and resort owner had told them earlier that day, which is there is no refund for early departures. They finally said, "Fine,I just want to move onto the next subject." They then started telling me that it was not just ants, that there were now spiders and worms in the unit. I once again explained that you are in a cabin in the woods and these things are common, and that we did offer to have it sprayed for them that day, but they declined. They told me the smell would bother them, and I once again explained that it is odorless. They then told me they were highly allergic to any type of spray. The units are sprayed on a regular basis, and if you have stayed in the unit overnight without a reaction, you are not allergic to the products that are used. They then demanded to talk with the owner. I explained that our owner had been called earlier that morning and had given them their options, but they declined, and just opted to leave with the understanding there would be no refund. I also explained the owner was out of the office, but I could take a name and number. They then asked if the owner would call them back, and I explained that she had a very busy schedule, and since she had already given them their options and addressed the issues that they had originally reported that it would be at her discretion, but I would give her the message. They then had to be told at least three times that I was not "refusing to let her speak with the owner", but that she was not in the office at this time and again all I could do was give her the message. They ended the phone call by stating "they would just take this to the next level". That same evening we had a walk-in guest that stayed in unit 2003, and the guests loved the unit so much that they booked to come back and stay with us in June. We strive for our guests to have wonderful vacations with us, and will do whatever we can to accomodate them, and quickly address any problems they may have. Unfortunately, our best was not what this guest had in mind.

Been to Hidden Mountain Resorts? Share your experiences!