“Summer fun in the sun” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Water Parks, Amusement Parks
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Summer fun in the sun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was a great vacation! My fiance and I actually did not plan on going, but his mother had reservations she could not make so she gave us the room. It was great, even though we do not have children it was a really fun weekend get away. There are so many things available in just one place.
They have indoor and outdoor water park attractions. I truly enjoyed all of the different slides! They also have an arcade, bars located indoor and outdoor, restaurant, souvenir shop, and so much more.
The room was very nice. When we arrived at the hotel they said that our room wouldn't be ready for another hour but that we would receive confirmation in about an hour via text. Once we completed checking in (picking up wrist bands, card keys etc) we received a text that the room was ready. Which was great because we were ready to get everything in the room and head down to relax pool side. The room was very nice and clean. The furnishings were in excellent shape and we had a quaint little balcony.
I have visited Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg many times over the years and this was one of the best trips I have taken! I would definitely recommend coming if you have kids since it includes so many fun activities conveniently located in one place.
I will be visiting again!

Visited June 2013

Bethlehem, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
“Family of 6, 4 kids under 10”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I'll be really honest, I was leery of choosing Wilderness over Great Wolf because of all the complaints, but we found NONE of them to be true. Check in was easy, they answered all of our questions and were extremely helpful. We stayed at Stone Hill and used the outdoor water park the first day. Of course the water was cold, it's April people... The kids thought it was awesome! To warm up, just go sit in the hot tub for a few minutes. No one follows the rules about kids under 6 not being allowed, but if adults want time away from kids, why go to a waterpark in the first place?
The rooms were plenty big enough, having the fridge, microwave and room safe was great. We ate breakfast and lunch in the room, Kroger is only 2 miles away. Dinner we ate out in town. I don't think the prices at the snack bars by the indoor water park were outrageous, you pay more at the ballpark for the same cheesy snacks... Just sayin'...
I saw someone complain that the waves were too big in the wave pool. Seriously? That's one stap below giving the ocean a bad review because the waves were too big... My 9&10 year olds LOVED it and had so much fun being out there with the big kids at night. They loved all of the water slides and tube rides too.
I found everyone from the maintenance man to the housekeepers to be extremely friendly and talkative, especially with my 3&5 year olds. The problem is, sometimes you need to INITIATE a conversation by saying hello to someone. It's not that difficult.
I think a lot of the bad reviews come from people who expect too much. We had a great time and would go again in a heartbeat...

“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Loved it. For the price we payed we got more then we thought. Had a standard room and it was perfect. Very clean and comfortable. Facilities are excellent. Pools are clean. So much fun and never a dull moment. If you feel the need to leave the hotel you will be overwhelmed with options all within 15 minutes from the hotel. Buffet was not so great but there are plenty of dining options. Going to visit this place as much as possible.

Atlanta, Georgia
“River Lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I loved the resort, but the food was awful and way to high in price. I wish someone who had already eaten there would have been at the door and said STOP!! Do not go in the food is awful for the price!!!!

Duluth, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
“Spring break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Awesome awesome awesome place for ids to be kids all day . especially with shuttle bus service. will go again whenever kids ask. Loved the fact that gatlinburg was close by.