“Very nice place!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Smoky Mountains

You added Wyndham Smoky Mountains to your Saves list
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   308 Collier Dr, Sevierville, TN 37862 (Formerly Fairfield)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Myers, Florida
“Very nice place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here in a 1-bedroom the week before Labor Day 2012. We didn't know the area or resort at all which is probably the reason they gave us the bottom floor. But the unit was very nice, well-appointed & it was elevated & not on the ground level once you went in the unit. I'm always happy to have a washer & dryer in the condo & this had one plus a great kitchen, comfortable bed, nice spa tub, and a large balcony. One problem is walking to the pool or recreation building - it was a long & steep walk from our condo.

There's lots to do & see in Sevierville, Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg. We did lots of the touristy things since it was our first visit to the area. Just pick up some brochure & then check with the Wyndham concierge for lower ticket prices.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor - not the lowest floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We loved the Wyndham. It's in a great location, close enough to everything, but out of the congested traffic area. The rooms were a nice sized with all the amenitites you would need. The pool area was great and the best part is you didn't have to get there at 9:00 a.m. to get a lounge chair. One day I floated in the pool all by myself from 10 - 1:00 p.m. Very Relaxing!! We were also able to book activities through Wyndham at a reduced rate without have to go through the timeshare spiel, which was huge to me. When I'm on vacation the last thing I want to deal with is being pressured to purchase a timeshare and we were not approaced once by their reps. We would definitely go back to the wyndham. We've stayed at several wyndhams and have never had a bad experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Martinez, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

But I wouldn't stay in room 3113 again!!! My friends are elite members of WorldMark which was bought by Wyndham. They had always heard that Wyndham was so much better than WorldMark. Not!!! We have stayed in a number of WM properties with them and have been very satisfied. The issue here is that it is suppose to be first come, first serve but they still dumped us in the bottom floor of a four story building and said nothing else was available and there appears to be hundreds of units! The first unit we went into was nice until we walked through a 2' x 3' patch of carpet that was SOAKING wet! My friend called and they said they would have maintenance take care of it. They didn't offer to give us another room until my friend insisted and then they did so grudgingly and still on the bottom floor.

The unit we ended up in was nice enough but was right next to some kind of machinery that sounded like an air compresser trying to start. This thing went off several times in the night and woke me up at times.

Another issue is the hot tubs. It seems like most, if not all, of the WM locations I have stayed at have had multiple hot tubs around the facility. This place only had them in two locations and there are at least 15 four story buildings, if not more.

A couple of more cons is the bed that we slept in was as hard as a rock and did not have a mattress pad nor a fitted sheet that fit. Also, WM always provides nice little amenities like little samples of spices that make cooking much easier. The showers are nice even though they don't have the shower curtain rods that bow outwards. And why do the soaps, shampoos, etc. have to be from China?

Yes, there are many good features about this place. We loved the HUGE masterbath with the fantastic whirlpool tub. The location is quite handy too.

I would definitely stay here again as the location and the amenities can't be beat but as others have said there is room for improvement.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Room 3113!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

First off let me say that yes, I would stay here again. The location is great, the property is very nicely kept and the staff that I came across was a pleasure to deal with. Here are some things that could be improved:

1) The noise at this place is crazy, if you like to sleep in past 9:30 am be prepared to hear the sounds of maintenance workers, house keeping, etc. The walls are thin here so it is what it is.

2) Some of the pictures of the rooms are a bit deceiving in that I was under the impression that there would be a private balcony, I did see units that did have them unfortunately that was not the case with mine, a small gripe in the grand scheme of things.

3) They will hunt you down to discuss the timeshare option... It's not super bad if you allow the person to give you their pitch and no they don't nag you your entire trip just be prepared for it and you might want to skip the phone call that they will make to your room early the next morning after you check in.

As I said I would return here. The place is nicely kept and the location is ideal. My unit was nice and clean with two LCD TV's, a small kitchen, a nice comfy king size bed and was ideal for my trip. There may be better in the G-burg area but this place is not too shabby at all.

Room Tip: Requested a room on the 4th floor as I read that the walls are thin, I would advise you to also do t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Everything you need. Spacious condos with living room, dining room, bar area in kitchen. Fridge, stove, dishwasher. Stackable washer and dryer was a plus. Our room had a huge balcony. All rooms non smoking. 3 or 4the pools, small mini golf and kiddie pool area and spalsh center.
Bed was not comfortable. Small pillows. All in all it was nice

• Stayed July 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Wife and I spent a wonderful 3 nights with two of my children and grandchildren. I'll start by saying the resort has enormous potential. Their indoor waterpark was absolutely outstanding nad played well to all in our party from 60 something to 3 years of age. Wave pool was a particular hit with my 8 year old and her 6 year old nephew. Also high on the list were the 2 large 4 person slides. Outstanding thrills and fun. Accomodations were adequate, a little on the claustrophobic side for me (2 adults & 1 child in two queens). Suggest you bring your own pillows as this was not a strong point for them. And the volume control of the TV was atrocious. And if you have noisy neighbors well........ The restaurant was disappointing with many items on the menu not even available as they ran out (by 7pm????). While the servers tried their best, the host/hostesses were some of the worst I've ever encountered. They apparently were doing us a favor showing us to a table. Food was OK but I won't eat there again. Too many other options off site that might better appreciate us as diners. I will return with all my kids and grandkids just for the waterpark experiences and hopefully the hotel management will get their acts together by then.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for the accommodations in the main wing.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed at Wyndham Smoky Mountains Sept 9-16 in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo with full cooking facilities. Arrived 5pm and easy checkin. Had requested 4th floor unit and was granted with no problem. Unit was clean, modern and fully stocked. In unit laundry, pool towels provided. Stayed in building 12. Had balcony overlooking some farmland. Only issue was smell sometimes from nearby landfill. Accomodations were conveniently located near restuarants, Walmart, and entertainment venues. Within easy drive to Pigeon Forge, Gatlinberg and the Smoky Mountains. The Wyndham resort itself is fine, with outdoor hot tub and pool and indoor pool in the main section, with mini golf and water play area for kids. The only problem was outdoor barbacue which require your own charcoal bricks...no gas barbacues. Overall, would highly recommend this resort for convenience and comfort for everyone if traveling in the area.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms to minimize noise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Wyndham Smoky Mountains? Share your experiences!