“Nice Place for Families” 4 of 5 stars

Oak Tree Lodge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1620 Parkway, Sevierville, TN 37862   |
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Sevierville
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice Place for Families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

This was a cute little inn with a great location, pool and pretty view. If you stay, I recommend a balcony that overlooks the adorable horses and zip lining in the rear of the hotel. Great morning breakfast with big selection. Adorable country / cabin decor in the rooms. Oh, and it's literally right across the street for Tanger Outlets. Central location. About a 20-25 drive to downtown Gatlinburg with traffic. Offers military discount. Got a great double bed room for under $100.

• Stayed June 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I'm sitting at the Oak Tree as I write this -- my first Tripadvisor review -- and it's our third night here. I can't wait to get out of here. I read Tripadvisor religiously, but have never been prompted to write until now. Here's why:

Free wifi? NOPE. It's been down for three days and they keep telling us it's the storms. Really? Nowhere else in town has a problem -- and I'm sitting outside on a clear night by the pool. It's quite apparent that the Internet isn't coming back up anytime soon, so I wouldn't be nearly so ticked if they would just tell us what's really going on.

Cleaned rooms daily? ONLY if you're lucky. I'm outside at 8:20pm because our room is still not serviced and we left at 9am. At least three maids still working across the hotel and plenty of rooms in the same condition as ours. Really? After 8pm? We wanted to put our young kids to bed, but no luck.

Comfortable beds? NOPE. Beds are incredibly uncomfortable. I travel routinely for work, so I've sampled many, and I've been tossing and turning all night on these. I'm dreading yet another night -- and that's a rarity for me. I can usually sleep on anything. Not here.

Quiet? NOPE. We're top floor and the noise is insane--to the degree my kids were complaining last night. I can clearly hear conversations happening next door, not to mention TVs and slamming doors up and down the hall. We slept with the bathroom fan and AC fan on high last night just to dampen some of the noise.

In fairness, the outside pool/splash area is nice for kids though it's small. The rooms are decently clean. The breakfast is your standard 2-star hotel fare: mass-produced scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, yogurt, etc.

But those things don't make up for not being able to sleep well, nor being able to get into our room until after 8:30 pm, and encountering tons of noise when we do.

Buyer beware.

• Stayed July 2013
General M, General Manager at Oak Tree Lodge, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. As with any business there are growing pains. We have addressed the WiFi situation, The housekeeping is undergoing some new training to be better for our guests. We are striving to be the best for everyone and are still under going some adjustments during the end of our new renovations.
Loudon, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Nancy at the Front Desk was very friendly and accomodating, early check-in and made sure our 2 rooms were right next door. Beds were comfortable and room was very clean. Loved the BOGO coupons for local attractions, (we went horseback riding). Can't beat the location, right across from Nascar Speedpark and Tanger Outlet, something for everyone. Would highly recommend this property.

Holly Springs, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We just returned from a Four day stay here at the Oak Tree Lodge. I can not say one bad thing, I'm very picky when it comes to hotels but this one if you are a picky one have no fears. Very clean, rooms nicely decorated, staff was very welcoming, checked in room as soon as we were there which was 3 hours early. Just an overall great place, Location is wonderful do not let it deter you from staying just because it's in Sevierville you are one mile or less to everything. Wonderful clean pool, Kiddie pool was great. I just could never say enough wonderful things. Go stay here and enjoy your vacation you would never regret it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Spring Hill, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We've stayed at multiple places in our years of going to the Smokies and usually can go during the week when it is not so packed. We went a Thursday-Sunday this time and it was harder to find rooms within our budget. This place did the trick. We opted for a 2 double bed, sleeper sofa room without a balcony and paid right at 100 a night with AAA discount. I was pleasantly surprised that our room was in an interior corridor hallway. (the pictures on the web led me to believe it was exterior corridors all the way around) The bathroom in our room (227) was tiny but did have a separate area for hair drying, makeup, etc. The beds were comfortable; my daughter said the sleeper sofa slept well and the room was very clean. The rooms need a little more light as there was no light nearby the table so I basically had to sit on the bed to read anything. The outdoor pool area was fun with a water slide and a fun water play area and kiddie pool. Overall, a very good stay. Caution to anyone going soon: They have been painting around the building and while the fumes never got inside our room, you could smell it in the hallways.

Richmond, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed here for 3 days last week. Great location right across from Tanger. Check in was easy & our room was on the first floor - loved that! The rooms have been remodeled which was nice. And our back porch area was beside the horse stables which we enjoyed watching the horses.
The breakfast was awesome as well as the workers. Very friendly, clean, great variety.
The one room improvement would be to have thicker blankets on the bed. All we had was a flat sheet, blanket & then a top sheet. Needed something a little extra.
The only complaint that I do have is when we got home and I was cleaning out our suitcase - some of the clothes that we didn't wear - (that I intended to hang back in our closet) - smelled like smoke. I am assuming that the room we were in maybe used to be a smoking room back when you could still smoke in the hotel rooms. So, needless to say, everything went to the wash room.

Other than that, it's a nice place - the staff is very friendly.

Would consider staying again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Windsor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My family of five & I were pleasantly surprised. We normally stay at another hotel but it was too pricey for a family on a budget right now. So, I booked the Oak Tree Lodge because of the great customer review & I must say that I agree! The room, although a bit small, was very nice & clean, my children loved the outdoor pool area & the staff was very friendly & accommodating. I would definitely stay here again. Great value for the $$.!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Oak Tree Lodge? Share your experiences!