“Great Thai food!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great Thai food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I lived in Hawaii for 17 years, so I know Asian food. Moving to TN has been disappointing when it comes to Asian food, but on a mini-vacation to Pigeon Forge, I found this great little restaurant. It was excellent! The service was some of the best, the employees took time to really talk to us as well as the owner/cook. We ordered the spring rolls (for $1 more we got 4 instead of 3 (what's offered on the menu). The spring rolls were lighter than any that I've had (usually they fried in oil and so oily), these were actually really good and not heavy. We also ordered green curry (Thai spicy - which we love spicy food) and the pad thai. I recommend the chicken in the curry - the chicken is tender and takes more of the flavor of what it is cooked in. Cannot go wrong with this place!!

• Visited June 2012

Knoxville, Tennessee
“I will return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

My daughter and I enjoyed a late lunch at Thai Basil. I have heard many amazing reviews by friends of Thai Basil and I wanted to visit myself. We were greeted by a kind waitress. We ordered thai dumplins for an appetizer. It was very tasty. We ordered Pad Thai and Pad Prik. We enjoyed every bite of our meal.
I will return and tell my friends.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tennessee
“Well run and very good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I went at a busy time of day (noon) and it was bustling in there which was a good sign. The place had an excellent 'vibe', clean looking and enticing. The wait people were very friendly and seemed attentive. The food was very flavorful. The downsides were the portion sizes were very small and the food temperature wasnt as hot as I would have liked it. I told the waiter about the food not being quite 'hot enough'. He apologized profusely saying it was a very busy day and they had a small staff. he offered me a free dessert. That was a nice touch. He also said "I do hope you'll be back and I apologize'. That was a sign of a well run restaraunt so I WILL be back.

The prices are very reasonable which is why the portion sizes might be small. I had the panang curry with shrimp. The flavor was perfect but the amount of shrimp was small. The soup with cilantro in it was excellent but again a very small bowl. The springroll was not great (just so so) and I wouldnt recommend it.

Overall I will give it a thumbs up and will go back on a not so busy time of day.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Local Thai restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I have eaten at this place several times with my friends and I tried something new every time I go. There hasn't been a dish I dislike so far. My favorite dish is the drunken noodles and the thai tea is amazing! The service was great and the place is very clean! I recommend everyone to go and try the food there.

• Visited April 2012
Louisville, KY
“Another great little Thai place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

One Asian cuisine that has seen quite a bit of success in the Sevier County area over the past few years is Thai. I'm happy to report that there is another viable choice for Thai, and it's especially convenient for visitors staying in some of the resorts north of Sevierville.

I had seen the signs for Thai Basil, but couldn't find the actual storefront at first. It's a rather small establishment, tucked into a strip-mall building very near Staples, on the Parkway north of downtown Sevierville-- a real "blink and you'll miss it" place. Inside, it's clean and modern, with a slight industrial look to its ceiling.

After going over the choices, helpfully explained by the polite and well-versed server, I opted for the Green Curry with tofu, with a "hot" spice level. Chili-heads can opt for "Thai hot" if they wish; I wanted to taste the rest of the flavors this first time. A few minutes later, I was presented with the dish shown in my attached picture: a fresh mixture of eggplant, tofu and other vegetables in a distinct creamy green sauce with a mound of rice on the side.

In short: Simply presented, and simply delicious.

The prices appear competitive with other local places that serve Thai. This of course means that fans of Thai cuisine no longer have to go deep into Sevierville or to Pigeon Forge to satisfy that lemongrass/curry craving-- a BIG plus for those who are staying at the nearby Wilderness At The Smokies resort and are getting tired of the bland, overpriced onsite eateries.

• Visited April 2012