“Terrible” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Sevierville, Tennessee
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I like Applebee's. But not this one. For about the last 3 years the service is always terrible, the food quality is hit and miss. The wait staff is slow and doesn't care. Something is always wrong with my order. Tatoos seem to be the theme. Cover them up. The only reason I can see this place can stay open is the location. I doubt they get very many repeat visits unless its the local drunks that hang out in the bar and shout obcenties loud enough to be heard in the dining room.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Terrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Was there on Easter around 3:20 wanted to watch NCAA game, but bartender was too "busy" to turn channel. I missed all 2nd half of U of M vs FL. My wife orders Pinot Grigio, they bring something else "similar", but don't tell us. Wife knew at first sip it wasn't what she ordered. They bring appetizer, drop off and leave, we had no plates and had to wait 5 min for someone to come by. There were only three tables on our side of restaurant, but the wait staff and bar tender complain too busy. I get chicken penne w no bread, I had to tell the waitress it comes w bread. Waitress offers 10 percent off. I will not go there again, bartender could care less to make customer happy. You could tell he wasn't a sports fan.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sevierville, Tennessee
“AVOID THIS PLACE - UNWANTED CHARGES”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I previously wrote how bad the service was at this location. Looking over my credit card statement since then, we found additional charges made to our card -- it seems the reason the server was taking so long was that he was helping himself to dinner ON ME. He purchased two burgers (probably one to take home) and a drink -- and even gave himself a $5 tip! How generous. Meanwhile, I had to spend a whole day on the phone trying to track down the general manager, who NEVER ONCE got back to me. Instead I spoke to a kitchen manager who found the issue, half-heartedly apologized and credited funds back to my account. (It took a week for the $30+ to show up back in my account.) He admitted that the server helped himself. And that was it, never a call back from the General Manager. I had called the Applebee's feedback line and spoke with someone there, and they were going to get back to me. Neither did. And that says a lot, not just about this location but about the company in general. My advice, stay away from there.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sevierville
“Awesome food, bad service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I recently visited Applebee's (first date night in quite a while). The food was terrific, but the service we had was not so much. When we first sat down he was very attentive, but after he took our orders we only saw him 2 other times. Both of our drinks sat empty for 80% of the time, not to mention a waitress who wasn't even supposed to wait on us brought our food AND our check. Food was awesome, atmosphere, is always awesome, but for not being busy service wasn't so great.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kentucky
“Typical Applebees's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stopped by for happy hour and enjoyed some special on apps. Service was very good and food is pretty standard.

Visited February 2013