“Terrible Service” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Terrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Was there on Easter around 3:20 wanted to watch NCAA game, but bartender was too "busy" to turn channel. I missed all 2nd half of U of M vs FL. My wife orders Pinot Grigio, they bring something else "similar", but don't tell us. Wife knew at first sip it wasn't what she ordered. They bring appetizer, drop off and leave, we had no plates and had to wait 5 min for someone to come by. There were only three tables on our side of restaurant, but the wait staff and bar tender complain too busy. I get chicken penne w no bread, I had to tell the waitress it comes w bread. Waitress offers 10 percent off. I will not go there again, bartender could care less to make customer happy. You could tell he wasn't a sports fan.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Sevierville, Tennessee
“AVOID THIS PLACE - UNWANTED CHARGES”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I previously wrote how bad the service was at this location. Looking over my credit card statement since then, we found additional charges made to our card -- it seems the reason the server was taking so long was that he was helping himself to dinner ON ME. He purchased two burgers (probably one to take home) and a drink -- and even gave himself a $5 tip! How generous. Meanwhile, I had to spend a whole day on the phone trying to track down the general manager, who NEVER ONCE got back to me. Instead I spoke to a kitchen manager who found the issue, half-heartedly apologized and credited funds back to my account. (It took a week for the $30+ to show up back in my account.) He admitted that the server helped himself. And that was it, never a call back from the General Manager. I had called the Applebee's feedback line and spoke with someone there, and they were going to get back to me. Neither did. And that says a lot, not just about this location but about the company in general. My advice, stay away from there.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sevierville
“Awesome food, bad service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I recently visited Applebee's (first date night in quite a while). The food was terrific, but the service we had was not so much. When we first sat down he was very attentive, but after he took our orders we only saw him 2 other times. Both of our drinks sat empty for 80% of the time, not to mention a waitress who wasn't even supposed to wait on us brought our food AND our check. Food was awesome, atmosphere, is always awesome, but for not being busy service wasn't so great.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kentucky
“Typical Applebees's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stopped by for happy hour and enjoyed some special on apps. Service was very good and food is pretty standard.

Visited February 2013
Sevierville, Tennessee
“Not happy AT ALL -- waited 30+ minutes just to get our check!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stopped in on a Saturday night at 8PM, it wasn't very busy at all -- there weren't a lot of people eating but there were a lot of people working. I counted at least 9 people on the floor -- two looked like managers, the rest I'm guessing were servers. We asked for a table for 6 -- not a booth, so we had to wait while two servers finished cleaning other tables and then moved someone else's table before they got around to putting two tables together for us. In the mean time, we sat in a booth waiting -- approximately 3 minutes.

After being seated at our newly put together table, it took approximately 10 minutes for a server to get to us. He took our drink orders, and then it was another 3 to 5 minutes before he came back with our drinks, one of which was wrong and it was another 5 minutes before he fixed it.

He finally took our order. There was an ad on the table for $12 bottles of wine so we ordered one of those, too. A few minutes later a manager returned to tell us he couldn't sell us the $12 a bottle stuff, he could only sell it by the glass for $6.25 a glass. Whatever, no thanks. I asked if they had Guinness -- 5 minutes later he came back to tell me no.

Ten minutes more and our appetizer arrived and was delicious. A girl delivered it, she was cordial.

Another 15 minutes and our entrees arrived -- all except one. My wife and daughter-in-law ordered the same thing, but only one of them got their dinner. My wife was still waiting. I refuse to eat until everyone is served, so it was literally another 5 minutes before her food came out -- which is a long time when every one is starving with food in front of them.

Finally her dish arrived and we started eating. We asked for more drinks and butter, drinks arrived but we never saw the butter. The food itself was all good -- everything was prepared just right. My sons' steaks were very good, my little one ordered the Baby Back RIbs -- they were great. My burger was great too.

Check (bill) arrived, I gave the server my credit card and a discount coupon we had. And then I didn't see him again for TEN minutes, when he returned to tell us he was waiting for the GENERAL MANAGER to approve the coupon, but the GENERAL MANAGER WAS ON THE PHONE and therefore WE had to wait until he was done. And wait we did... for 30+ minutes.

I refer you to the photos -- one is the first check we received, generated at 9:05. It was handed to us at approx. 9:07. I gave it right back to the server when he brought it, with my credit card and coupon. The next photo is the updated receipt after the discount was taken -- you'll see it was generated at 9:32, but it was closer to 9:40 when we received it!

While we (that is, my wife and I and our little kids) waited... we watched two employees feed each other and smooch and hug and kiss and be lovey-dovey totally oblivious to how they appeared to everyone else... "ew, Dad that guy is feeding that girl) We watched manager-looking people come and go, we watched servers hanging around, laughing, making jokes, whatever. In the mean time, there were dished all over out table. And we were waiting, drink-less at that point. Our server apologized twice for it taking so long -- but did so in passing (quickly) probably afraid we'd yell at him. Finally, my wife and kids went out to the car.

The server returned with the updated check -- apparently the GENERAL MANAGER found time amid his busy phone call to approve our coupon. I signed it and left.

Honestly, the last 30 minutes were GRUELING... like being held captive. I honestly thought about just leaving... letting them keep my credit card... it almost took longer to checkout than it did to eat! My time is way too valuable to sit around waiting like that...

It's not the server's fault so much as it is the failure of the management -- you have ALL THOSE PEOPLE working, yet there's hardly anyone eating... so there's really NO REASON for anyone to have to wait for anything... we shouldn't have had to wait so long for the servers to do their other jobs before setting up our table... we shouldn't have had to wait so long to get drinks or be waited on, or for our food to come out, or to get the check! And, there's absolutely NO REASON we should have to wait for the manager to finish his phone call to approve our coupon... I can't imagine who he was talking to at 9PM that was more important than a customer who was waiting...

Seriously, is it asking too much? We've eaten at Applebees before in other places and never had this issue -- and we've eaten at MUCH BUSIER places. We'll never eat here again.

• Visited January 2013