“Great BBQ & Appetizers” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Ames, Iowa
“Great BBQ & Appetizers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband travels for work and every time he visits this part of Tennessee, he takes people out to lunch here. I was able to join him on this trip and having lived in Memphis for a couple years - my BBQ expectations are pretty high. Tony Gore's was good--it wasn't Memphis, but it was still very good.

I had a pulled pork sandwich on garlic bread - which was something I'd never had before and was pretty good. The BBQ sauce was okay on the pulled pork, but for whatever reason it tasted WAY better on the loaded baked potato we shared.

I'd also recommend either getting the corn nuggets as an appetizer or as your side. Out of this world.

Visited March 2014

Harrogate, Tennessee, United States
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

My husband loves BBQ so we always try it wherever we visit. We stopped in at a slow time so the sweet waitress sat us down immediately. The food came out quickly. The loaded tater chips are the biggest portion I have ever seen. All delish food. Only thing that was negative was the lady that appeared to be the manager Wasnt friendly at all. She never once cracked a smile or acknowledged us as she cut herself a slice of pie. I would just think she could have been a little more welcoming esp since we are locals. Overall, great time. Maybe try it during slower hours based on other reviews.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greeneville, Tennessee
“Delicious food and welcoming atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We live local and had this restaurant on our list to try. We had friends in from Florida and they wanted to try something local so we brought them there. The food was delicious and very reasonably price!! As a parent to a toddler I was very pleased that is was also kid friendly. I am a huge Southern Gospel fan and was so excited that our waiter was Earl Galloway. His knowledge of Southern Gospel, love of his ministry and lively personality in addition to the tasty food made it a place that we are already planning our next trip to.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
“The best ribs ever! Great fresh cut fries!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

The ribs are smoked in front in a huge smoker and fall off the bones. Homemade sauces are on the table all which are so good! The fresh cut fries are a large serving and are the best. The coleslaw lacks in flavor as it's mostly mayo dressing lacking a vinagar flavor which I prefer. The baked beans are made from white beans are as close in flavor to Boston baked beans that I had in Massachusetts, the very best! Until you have Boston baked beans in Massachusetts you are missing great baked beans, nothing resembling those in a jar on the grocery shelf! The deserts are home made as well but we enjoyed our meals so much we passed, there is an option of a roll or hushpuppies which are good also! Sweet tea served in a huge glass finished just so good! Thanks guys for great service and the very best barbecue ribs and sides!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, Kentucky
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

First time we've eaten here and will probably be the last. I ordered the brisket plate and the brisket was very tough. Actually, it reminded me of beef jerky. I also ordered the potato salad, it wasn't very good either. I couldn't finish it. Very disappointed.

• 2 of 5 stars Food