“Fun and Memorable Adventure” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Corbin, Kentucky
“Fun and Memorable Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

My husband, brother-in-law, sister-in-law and myself decided we wanted to have a great adventure during our recent vacation to Gatlinburg. We chose the newest attraction-the Wahoo Zipline. The staff at the check-in is extremely friendly. We must have not gotten the funny guides (mentioned in the other reviews). For the most part, several members of our party were the funny ones. The experience was awesome. Not as scary as I thought it was going to be once I zipped the first line. I thought we had too big a party (17 of us plus the guides) to keep my heart pumping. There was a lot of time waiting to either zip or waiting on everyone to finish before we moved to the next one. There were two sisters, blonde, pretty and silly acting (lots of screaming) and they received more attention from our guides (George and a foreign speaking guy-can't remember his name). George even zipped with one of the girls and spun her as she screamed. I thought her parents would protest, but they didn't seem to care. The attention was so obvious that another lady in our party commented to George at the end that he needed to get the girl's number. Save the flirting for another time and have fun with everyone! But the experience was a great one and we are talking about taking other family members with us in the future.

maidstone, kent
“Thrilling experience and great fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

Thrilling experience and great fun. The guides added greatly to the enjoyment. We always felt safe and were encouraged to be adventurous...upside down,no hands. By the sixth zip even the most reluctant zippers were completely confident.
Each stage had a new purpose. The first was for instruction, the second for gaining confidence. The third was for fun (most shreiks of delight were heard on this one) the fourth for demonstrating your confidence and letting go. The fifth, my favourite you can zip with your partner and on the twin sixth zip you race your partner or one of the guides.
Throughout the views are amazing in all directions.
A thouroughly enjoyable experience overseen by a proffessional team of guides. Two hours of exhillarating FUN. The best thing in from our holiday in Gatlingburg.

Newnan, GA
“Wahoo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

First timers (my husband and I) to zipping through the trees suspended from a cable. Wahoo-o-o! Our guides were awesome -- Marci and Virgio. Everybody from check-in to viewing photos was very friendly and helpful. This is a first-class operation from start to finish. Harnesses, ropes, trolleys, cable -- all equipment is well-maintained so we felt confident that our experience would be a pleasant one. Even though Tennessee lost to Florida that day, we were enjoying life to the fullest. Thanks to all of the Wahoo staff for such a great adventure. We're spreading the excitement to family and friends. This is definitely something I'm going to do again and again and again.

Valparaiso, Indiana
6 attraction reviews
“The most fun you'll have near Gatlinburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

The staff are so friendly and fun. These ziplines are amazing and I couldn't believe my family had so much fun doing this. I even did this after having a knee replacement. My son was hanging upside down by the second run - he wanted to go the next day. Get the online deal or find a coupon. You will not be sorry. They replace the ziplines regularly and sooner than recommended for safety standards - according to the guides.

South Carolina
“Poor Customer Service - Long Drive for Nothing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

Made reservations for two at 3:00. Told to be there at 2:30. Got there at 2:00. Ate at snack bar...waited patiently. A group of 11 showed up late, plus a few friends of the guide (Mr. "I think outside of the box.") and they were taken ahead of us (friends went for free). Told we would have to wait for the next group of 15. The folks that got there on time were shoved aside while the others went ahead of us. We requested our $ back and left. Shabby way to treat paying customers.