“Take the time to go here....” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 26 Attractions in Sevierville
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the Smoky Mountain Deer Farm and Exotic Petting Zoo & Deer Farm Riding Stables. You’re going to love our unique barnyard environment, nestled on 143 acres of a beautiful mountain property. Bring the family to meet, pet and feed our friendly animals, including goats, deer, camels, elk, reindeer, emu, zebra, exotic cattle, watusi, zonkeys, and so much more! You can even walk amongst our tame fallow deer. After the zoo, the little ones can enjoy a ride on one of our gentle ponies, led by Mom or Dad. Or, the whole family can take a relaxing horseback ride through our wooded Smoky Mountain home, led by our courteous and experienced guides. We hope to see you soon!
Ohio
“Take the time to go here....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I first went to the Deer Farm when it had only been open for about 6 months or so. With both of us being entreprenurs ourselves we saw a lot of potential in what Lynn (the owner) was planning for the fledgling business. We've returned there every year since then and now my daughter, son-in-law and our grandkids enjoy the familiar animals that we kind of "grew up" with here. Do youself a favor, just skip one attraction that you'll probably pay a lot more for over on the parkway and take a pleasant drive into the county. Feed some animals by hand, ride a horse, and relax. I've sent many people to the Deer Farm over the years and no one has regretted it.

Columbus, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
“We only rode horses. Did not do the petting zoo.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

After reading several reviews on this site I decided that I really wanted to go here for the horse riding for my kids. The instructors gave a quick lesson on how to ride the horses and then helped each rider saddle up. This was my son's (Age 4) first time riding and my daughter's (Age 9). Robert who had my son on a lead line was super nice!! My daughter got a little skidish when her horse went down the hill and Robert put her on a lead line also. Both of my kids talked Robert's ear off and he answered all of their questions. The ride was real pretty and you could see some of the petting zoo animals from the trail. The other instructor at the front of the line was also very friendly. We rode for about 45 mins. I felt the price was real reasonable! We had a great time!!! Would definitely recommend this place for horse riding!!

Pell City, Alabama, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Repeat visitor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Several years ago, my wife and I visited Deer Farm and had a great time. We now go back every visit to TN and have enjoyed watching our children have so much fun there year after year. The staff are very friendly and the animals are highly cared for. You might say the animals are more pets than business. I would recommend Deer Farm to anyone of any age.

Perkasie, Pennsylvania, United States
13 attraction reviews
“Great People, Great Animals, Great Place to Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

What an absolutely great time. Having come to the Smokey Mountains the last 5 years, we thought we had seen it all. Today we found our favorite place in the mountains, the Deer Farm Exotic Petting Zoo and Riding Stables. My wife and I did a horseback ride at the stables (our review is posted there) and popped in to the Zoo when we were done. And spent the next hour and a half surrounded by camels, zebra, fallow deer, highland cattle and more. Even the three cats, two birds, and turtle in the gift shop/office have fascinating stories and are quite the ambassadors for this amazing place. These people do it all for the love of animals, and for two animal lovers, this was the highlight of our vacation. Please come and visit them!

Dayton, OH
7 attraction reviews
“Excellent time for all ages.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We had a good size group of ages 3, 4, 8, 15s, 30s, and 60s. The teenagers had a great time riding while the rest of us did the pony ride and zoo. Everyone had a great time and the staff was the friendliest we have run into in a long time.
We all enjoyed petting and feeding the animals. The zebra loves a good backrub.