“Such a refreshing mini vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wilderness at the Smokies Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sevierville
Wilderness at the Smokies Resort
You added Wilderness at the Smokies Resort to your Saves list
1424 Old Knoxville Highway, Sevierville, TN 37876   |
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Sevierville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Georgetown, Kentucky
“Such a refreshing mini vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed Friday and Saturday night in a one bedroom suite. Our room was very clean, well stocked, and very inviting. We were on the first floor and a brief walk from the waterpark. The waterpark was a perfect temperature and not too crowded. Our kids had a blast! We got to relax in the family hot tub and even have a little drink at the bar. The candy store was a big hit for us also! The only downside was we didn't have enough time to stay longer. Check in time was around 5 and only took a couple of minutes.

Room Tip: Try to avoid having to use a shuttle in the cold weather!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
McDonough, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Checked in and were given keys with no room numbers were told the room needed to be cleaned. While we aited the kids were able to use the water park we were not given our room assignment until 830pm about 5 hours after the normal check in time. We asked why so long and were told be glad you have a room you were 8th out 300 people waiting for room assignment. We got our room not what we paid or what was on the website ans the room choice we complained again to the check in staff and the manager noone cared and rude. We had 10 peopleo on our party 4 adults and 6 kids towels for only 4 people asked for extra they said they ran out. Not equped to be a hotel that size staff were rude and the food is not worth the price do not eat in the hotel kids eat free yes but their drinks are $2.99 a piece and the adult food if you go for the buffet is $20 the rest of the menu is over $12 again not worth the price. Cheaper to go to kroger about 10 blocks away. Yes the kids have a great time in the water park but the hotel is not priced correctly for what they offer the staff is incompetent and rude. My advice use the money and go somewhere else. First time and last time I will take my family to an overpriced motel with a water park too small for the size of the complex. Please read all the reviews you will find negative remarks even on the high marked reviews. Stay Away from this place and if you post on their facebook page and is negative they will deleted.

Maysville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I really do not like to complain and usually do not unless I feel something is unsafe. Our experience was not a great one. I realize we came during a very busy time but I don t feel that should have affected the cleanliness of our room. Upon entering I immediately noticed an unpleasant odor. The room just did not smell clean. I asked for something to spray but that didn't really help. I noticed my three year old eating something and found candy in the floor that had been missed when the room was cleaned. I cleaned hair from the refrigerator and the bathroom. There were wires under the air conditioner that were connected with wire nuts or connectors which is a shock hazard for curious small children. These connectors were easily accessible to small children. When we went to bed the air was working fine but during the night the air stopped and we were sweaty and miserable. Needless to say, I was not comfortable during the stay in our room. The water park was very nice and the kids had a great time. A worker in one of the restaurants was eating at the register and when they spoke to me food projected from their mouth and landed in my mouth. We were both mortified and she apologized but that just added to my bad experience. I did let several staff know of our problems and no one was concerned or really helped. I'm big on customer service and we were treated insignificantly. I even replied to an online comment card sent to my email and still got no response or apology. We normally stay somewhere else where we pay a lot less and stay in a œclean, large room and enjoy a nice water park. We realize our first experience at Wilderness at the Smokies may just have been at a bad time and that many have had great experiences and do return. However, based on our experience we will not be quick to refer friends and family.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Central Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at in the Wyndham condos at the north end of the parking lot. Our check in (at the main hotel lobby) was very fast and our accomodations were excellent. I've yet to stay in a Wyndham time share resort that didn't meet or exceed my expectations. This resort exceeded them. The room (2 bed/2 bath) was outstanding. The lighting was amazing, incredible kitchen with granite and all the necessary items, flat screens in both bedrooms as well as the main living area which also had a great gas fireplace.
The indoor waterpark was great. We were there in October during the week so there was almost no other guests around. No waiting for anything except the Flowrider and that was only about 10 minutes. The staff at the waterpark was very friendly and helpful. My 8 year old had never "surfed" before and the attendant took time to help her do it. After only one failed attempt she was knee boarding by herself and doing tricks. She had a blast! I even tried it out and it was amazingly fun. The park was clean and the water temps were ok, maybe a bit cool. The large hot tub I didn't much care for, it wasn't warm enough and had quite a chemical smell to it. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would go back.
If you are wishing to travel here and aren't a Wyndham timeshare owner and would like to stay in the condos, I would advise you to check out the local Craigslist (Knoxville) to find deals.

Room Tip: Our room was on the back side of the building with a great view of a really nice public golf course...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Just got back from a two day / 1 night stay with my wife and 2 young kids. Evidently they were not prepared for the number of people staying over Presidents Day, because they ran out of EVERYTHING. When you pay $250 a night for an indoor water park the one thing you are going to expect is a dry towel, yet both days they had simply 'run out'. On top of that they also ran out of: crayons for the kids in the main restaurant, ice at the snow cone booth, and soap or shampoo in any of the waterpark bathrooms.

What's worse was the attitude of the staff--it reminded me of the indifferent attitude you get from service people at lower end all-inclusive resorts. They act like they simply don't care whether you are inconvenienced or not, and they sure aren't going to go out of their way to make you happy. The staff and managers of this place could learn a lot by taking a trip to a Disney resort, but unfortunately the management here was difficult to find. It appeared to be a large number of teen-aged kids that were simply winging it with no kind of training or supervision. I agree 100% with the reviewer who described it as "unorganized chaos".

I gave it 3 stars only because my 5 and 6 year old kids were in ignorant bliss. They really didn't care about the little stuff and had a blast going down the slides and playing in the wave pool. That said, this is not the only waterpark around, and next time we will be going to one of their competitors.

Room Tip: If you have younger children, avoid rooms on the first floor by the waterpark. We stayed there and...
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This was my third time at the park, We requested a room towards the middle of the complex. (about 1/2 the way from the Waterpark entrance. We got our wish...but absolutely no view other than a power generator (see room tip below).

They have built a number of additional rooms but until they finish the indoor adventure forest, the people in all of these full rooms are going to the waterpark. The wait for the water slide at 9:15 on a Saturday (15 mins after opening) was already 10-15 minutes. My kids rode the slide once then went to the pool.

Room Tip: Request explicitly to avoid avoid room 13085, 13083. These rooms have NO view due a very large powe...
New Tazewell, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

My friend and I, plus our kids, stayed for a long weekend. Didn't have any trouble checking in. room was very clean and had plenty of space. What I didn't expect was having to ask for towels and toilet paper any time we needed them. Didn't seem to be an automatic refill program. The restaurant is pricey and the food isn't very good. Go elsewhere for your meals. The park is a lot of fun, with plenty of rides and something for a variety of ages. Another thing that needs to be addressed is a "pep talk" for some of the staff. Witnessed one employee arguing with a visitor about the number of towels he could have. It is a pool after all, which advertises towels available. Usually have to wait a while too, since they seem to always be out. But even with all these negatives, I would come again. My kids loved it. By the way, we did need maintenance once, and Shannon was the guys name who helped us. He was very friendly and helpful. Probably the nicest we encounered.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Wilderness at the Smokies Resort? Share your experiences!