“big suprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 23 hotels in Sevierville
Muncie, Indiana
“big suprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

It was a big surprise - but a pleasant one! I had a Board of Directors Meeting in the Tri City area of Tennessee and my wife decided to accompany me on the trip since the ”leaves we pretty”. We drove down from Indiana a day early and decided to check out the Gatlinburg area since it had been several years since our last visit. We arrived after sunset and were tired after an eight hour drive. I had checked out several motels downtown in the $50.00 dollar range. My wife noticed the Clarion suites close to where we got off the interstate. She said that would be a nice place to stay and I said “We can’t afford that one”.
We hadn’t had dinner yet so we drove until we found a Golden Corral and stopped for dinner. During dinner we had a lady stop by our table and asked what part of Ohio we were from (I had on an Ohio State shirt). After a short visit I ask her what motels were “clean and cheap”  She said the Clarion would be the best.
So after dinner we drove back to the Inn and I went in. Seeing the inside, I KNEW we couldn’t afford to stay there, but asked about rates anyway. I was blown away at the affordable rates and booked the room.
We had two queen sized beds, a pull out in another room, a balcony, microwave, refrigerator and all the amenities that you would expect from a 5 Star Hotel. The room came with a fantastic HOT breakfast that included biscuits and gravy, waffles, fresh fruit, juice, eggs, potatoes and much more. (an easy $40.00/$50.00 value for two) I have had my own marketing company for over forty years and travel extensive. I have never stayed in a nicer, cleaner or friendlier Inn. I thought it was a brand new Inn but when I asked how old it was, I found it was around 15 years old. WOW – they do a GREAT job of keeping it in GREAT shape.
On our next trip down for business or pleasure we will defiantly choose to stay in the Clarion Inn Willow River. You should too
Bob and Nancy, Muncie, Indiana

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in this Inn.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

295 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed here in May for a night to celebrate our 10th anniversary. This was our first experience staying at a Clarion hotel, and we were not disappointed. Beautiful facility, friendly staff, and just far enough out of the "hustle and bustle" of the area attractions. We stayed in a Jacuzzi suite that had a fireplace...absolutely beautiful and very romantic!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
New England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We spent two nights at the Clarion in mid-October. Yes a very busy, "in season" time of year in this area but, for $109 a night I would like a place to park my vehicle and maybe a little more attention (or staffing) when the facility is booked to capacity.

We pulled up to the hotel and went WOW! The exterior of the building was decorated beautifully. The entry way shows off the numerous awards they win every year for landscaping and holiday decorating. Absolutely well deserved. We were pretty psyched.

Then we tried to find a place to park, to check in. EVERY parking spot on site was taken, and the half circle driveway for checkin was clogged with cars. I get dropped off to checkin, while BF circles around for a parking spot. Checkin was smooth and speedy. I exit the building, and BF is still circling for a parking space. Now we are both getting annoyed.

I find a luggage trolley, wheel it out into the parking lot, load it up and head to the room. Finally the bedraggeld BF arrives, someone finally left, and he grabbed the parking space. This put a definite damper on our thought to go out to grab a drink, a light dinner - who wants to hassle with parking when you get back? So we stayed in, and ordered pizza delivery. Too bad you can not order beer and wine delivery too! LOL

Next morning get up, go to make coffee... only DECAF was left on the tray next to the coffee maker. Argh. We get dressed, head down to the breakfast and of course, it was mobbed! Three deep for coffee and waffles, no open tables on the porch, none in the eating area, biscuits ran out... we sat with another couple, and that turned out fine actually. The second morning we went down as soon as we opened our eyes at 7 AM - a far better experience.

To be fair, it was not the breakfast lady's fault. She was hustling, refilling food, wiping tables, and apologizing to all. They really needed to staff the breakfast with another person to keep up with demand. I am sure the same is true of housekeeping. They were likely rushing to get the rooms done, no one noticed there were no regular coffee packets.

I have had great experiences with the Clarion as a chain, this one was just "EH" for the price I paid.

Room Tip: Go to breakfast early if the hotel is full.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Somewhere
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

MY husband and I just got back from the Smokey Mountains. We spent 2 nights at the Clarion Willow River in Sevierville. It has that old southern charm of Tara from Gone With the Wind. The employees were all very helpful and check-in was quick and efficient. The continental breakfast was nice. Not alot of food but enough choices for the price you pay which is nothing. They have a small work out room. It consists of 1 treadmill, 1 elliptical, and 1 stationary bike. I used them both days and was always alone. Our room was sufficient with a microwave, fridge and coffee maker. It wasn't the Ritz but I wasn't paying for the Ritz. But it was clean, quiet and comfortable and nice place to call home. We would go back and stay again.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room and it was a little dark. We thought an upper floor may have been brighter...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

It's a Gone With The Wind Themed hotel and so lovely.
We were very pleased with our king suite :)
The staff was so polite!!!!!! and HELPFUL.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Athens, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel many times & it's always a welcoming experience. It feels like visiting old friends. The rooms are always clean & tastefully decorated. They always have hot apple cider & coffee in the lobby 24/7. Friendly staff. It's very peaceful & quiet. We were there on 10/31/2011 for the night and as always we truly enjoyed our stay and plan to return in a couple of weeks for a longer stay.

Room Tip: all of the rooms at this hotel are excellent
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
gamaliel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

we have been staying there for the past four years.i cant think of a thing that i would change. the rooms are always super clean and the staff are friendly,they really make you feel at home.susan is the lady that cooks your breakfast,she really does a great job cooking a great meal,a country lady with a country personality thats a very good trait for my family and myself.its only about four miles to pigeon forge and you dont have all the traffic.room rates are about 70.00 off season and about 105.00 during the peak season.I love this place.

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Inn Willow River? Share your experiences!