“Keep your expectations realistic” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites River Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites River Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites River Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   860 Winfield Dunn Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37876 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Sevierville
Roanoke, Virginia
“Keep your expectations realistic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed here for three nights in early August. The internet didn't work for most of that time, and the front desk stated they had been having problems. When it did work, it was slower than dialup! Wi-Fi is not the reason to choose a hotel, but when you choose one with the expectation of Wi-Fi it's frustrating when it's down.

It's a lower end motel, and for that price range the rooms were great. I did see one weird bug, that could have been a cockroach but it ran away before I could kill it. The floors were a bit sticky (carpeting) and the bathroom had a mildew smell.

They are pet friendly, and have a decent pool facility. Their breakfast is very nice and the front desk does a nice job of keeping it replenished. The truth is we all look at this level of hotels/motels due to their price and for the money it's decent. It's not going to compete with the Hyatt or the Hilton, but it's better than the Econo Lodge type places. Be realistic about your expectations and you'll be fine.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Hixson, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I decided to take our son on a quick, last minute trip last week before school starts back. We usually always stay in Gatlingburg or Pigeon Forge, but this time decided to try out a hotel in a less crowded area. The hotel staff was wonderful and our room was clean and loved the extra living room space w/ the extra TV! The outdoor pool was really nice, and my son enjoyed swimming & hanging out there. We wanted to spend time at the indoor pool, but it had way too much chlorine. The whole enclosed indoor pool area was unbearable to even walk in, due to strong chlorine odor and no ventilation coming from anywhere. The outdoor pool was all we needed anyway! The only thing we really missed having at this hotel, was not having a room that includes a microwave.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Morgantown, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The room was not really clean. The windows were so dirty we could not see out. Since we were on a group tour we could not leave [as I would have if I had my car]. Not a good location too far out of the town of Pigeon Forge . The motel beside was out of business so you could see the rundown conditions.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
GM100, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites River Suites, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
I I just want to assure you that our hotel is same as photos on site. And, we haven't used any photo enhancing technique. Regarding the 4 unit adjacent to us belong to previous owner and they don't rent or use them in any manner and we have no control over their appearance. However, I apologize for unpleasant stay and sincerely appreciate your business. Thanks
Dalton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend and had a great night sleep. The check in process was the fastest I'd ever had and we were given a clean and nice room. The staff was all smiles and always there to help if we had a question. Would love to tell ya how nice the pool was but we didn't get a chance to get in. I looked nice and clean thou. Great place you tell anyone to stay there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We are delighted to know that your stay was great and love our place. We sincerely appreciate your business and looking forward to see you upon next visit!. Thanks
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We based our expectations on the price of the hotel and were pleasantly surprised by how nice it was. Front desk staff was very nice, large room with loveseat with a small table and chairs and a tv. Comfortable beds with nice linens and good pillows. The outside pool was much nicer than local hotels with twice the price tag. We'll be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We are glad to know that you found our service and facilities nice. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again!. Thanks
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on reviews I'd seen on TripAdvisor...one reviewer even said this was the best hotel she'd ever stayed in. I, however, was very disappointed. The room smelled of far too much perfume-y room freshener. The sofa reaked of body odor. The carpet just looked dirty. The bathroom was outdated and dark. I suppose for the under $100 price tag it was ok, but it certainly was not as good as the other reviews rate it.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GM100, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites River Suites, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
I am sorry to hear that your stay was disappointed. We do try hard to make sure that guest get a good value for the hard earned money. Only thing, I wish, we were given an opportunity to address any problems you encountered. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again!.
florence ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way back home. We were pleasantly surprised by this Quality Inn. Our room was actually divided into 2 rooms which was perfect for us. The first room had a queen bed and the second had a king. Each room had a TV and 2 side tables. The room was clean however it did have a chemical smell to it (which I guess is good because that means it had been cleaned recently). We had a balcony which was nice. The carpet was a little shabby but not bad. I did make my daughter wear socks which I would recommend (at any hotel). The breakfast was good...waffles, bagels, yogurt, etc. The best thing about this place is the staff. Everyone I came across was VERY friendly and welcoming. There is an indoor pool and an outdoor pool which were both full everytime I went by. We just didn't have time to go swimming so we didn't use them.
I do wish they had more seating in the breakfast area. My daughter and I had to stand there for about 8 minutes until a table opened up (one guy finished his breakfast and just sat there reading even though he saw we were waiting for a table...nice).
Oh, they also charge you a "safe" fee which is dumb since I didn't use the safe. Normally I would have had them take it off the bill but I just didn't want to go through the hassle. I wish I hadn't been charged that in the first place.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this place. We are already thinking we will be back next summer. This place is a great value!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GM100, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites River Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
We are glad that you had a good time!!!. We sincerely appreciate your business and detail review.
Looking forward to see you upon next visit!!!. If you can call us back, we will be more than happy to remove safe fees.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites River Suites? Share your experiences!