“Not as good as it could be” 3 of 5 stars

You added Savannah Lodge to your Saves list
Savannah Lodge
1.0 of 5 Lodge   |   585 Pickwick St. South, Savannah, TN 38372   |
Madison, Wisconsin
“Not as good as it could be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

While the staff was super nice and friendly, the place could really use some TLC. While I didn't see any bugs and there were no major issues, the hotel just seems tired and in need of repair. While the listing stated that a refrigerator came with the room, I had to ask before one was put in my room. And they forgot to clean the room on my first day there. While I was glad that the shade kept out the light from the road out front, the walls were thin enough to hear the TV in the room next door. While the bed was alright, it was pretty much a hotel bed: about as firm as a bad of pudding. Again no major problems, but I would not stay here again, unless they do some serious upgrades.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Had to check out when we discovered crawlers in the bed. Immediate credit to my credit card was made and manager was also taking steps to purge the room. I appreciate that he took no offense because we just could not stay there. He insisted that they had not experienced this problem before...

Room Tip: I'm beginning to wish I had done a google "ground view" of the property although I had...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Savannah hotels

Fairmount, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Clean king bed room, strong shower head - refrigerator & microwave. Room was clean, carpet was very clean!! No hair dryer or breakfast. Shades were great - NO light came in! Parked right in front of the door! Wi-Fi was pretty fast. Great value!

• Stayed September 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

It was a pleasant night's stay but you have to bring you own towels. The towels were extremely rough and uncomfortable. The beds were cleaned and comfortable. If I we had gone in the lobby before going into the room first we probably would not have stayed. The scent in the lobby was just too over powering

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here (along with about 30 other family members) during a recent family reunion. Although this was my first time in attendance (we're newlyweds), this is the hotel his family usually stays at. The hotel is family owned and operated, and the staff knew several of the adult family members by name from previous visits. While this place is not a Hilton Garden Inn (Savannah is NOT a bustling metropolis) the rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was very helpful. We had to do quite a bit of shuffling around upon arrival to accommodate the elderly family members (switching rooms on the second story for rooms on the ground floor) and there was never an issue. Even though this property is a motel instead of a hotel, I never once felt unsafe walking to my car, the ice machine or pool after dark.

If you're looking for an affordable, clean, and pleasant place to rest and relax while you're in town I would definitely recommend the Savannah Lodge!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back feel more secluded, especially on the second floor where we were.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Flemington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This motel was listed in TN Travel Planner, but it sure doesn't live up to any travel planner listings I've used. Checked in without bothering to check out the room - big mistake! Room was dirty, smelled - manager did give us a rerfund without any problems. When in doubt, check the room before paying. Wasted an hour here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CHICAGO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Our first "non-smoking" room stunk like smoke & BO. We cranked up the AC and went to dinner. When we returned it was no better so we asked for a different room. It was better. In the first room the phone was filthy & inside the fridge was dirty. The Kleenex holder was empty which I thought was a mistake. In the second room the phone appears clean, there is no fridge, Kleenex still empty and multiple holes in the sheets. When I called the front desk for the wireless code the voice, very rudely, said "HUH?!?". Then barked the answer. There may be one other occupied room, but they asked very put out to give us a second key.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Savannah Lodge? Share your experiences!