“Great value for the price and location!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Savannah Lodge to your Saves list
Savannah Lodge
585 Pickwick St. South, Savannah, TN 38372   |
Alabama, United States
“Great value for the price and location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here (along with about 30 other family members) during a recent family reunion. Although this was my first time in attendance (we're newlyweds), this is the hotel his family usually stays at. The hotel is family owned and operated, and the staff knew several of the adult family members by name from previous visits. While this place is not a Hilton Garden Inn (Savannah is NOT a bustling metropolis) the rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was very helpful. We had to do quite a bit of shuffling around upon arrival to accommodate the elderly family members (switching rooms on the second story for rooms on the ground floor) and there was never an issue. Even though this property is a motel instead of a hotel, I never once felt unsafe walking to my car, the ice machine or pool after dark.

If you're looking for an affordable, clean, and pleasant place to rest and relax while you're in town I would definitely recommend the Savannah Lodge!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back feel more secluded, especially on the second floor where we were.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Flemington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This motel was listed in TN Travel Planner, but it sure doesn't live up to any travel planner listings I've used. Checked in without bothering to check out the room - big mistake! Room was dirty, smelled - manager did give us a rerfund without any problems. When in doubt, check the room before paying. Wasted an hour here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Savannah hotels

CHICAGO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Our first "non-smoking" room stunk like smoke & BO. We cranked up the AC and went to dinner. When we returned it was no better so we asked for a different room. It was better. In the first room the phone was filthy & inside the fridge was dirty. The Kleenex holder was empty which I thought was a mistake. In the second room the phone appears clean, there is no fridge, Kleenex still empty and multiple holes in the sheets. When I called the front desk for the wireless code the voice, very rudely, said "HUH?!?". Then barked the answer. There may be one other occupied room, but they asked very put out to give us a second key.

• Stayed May 2012
Modesto, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

From the moment we checked in I knew that I would want to stay there again!! The friendly staff, the very clean rooms, the convenience, the comfort...the whole experience was great!! I would highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Covington, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

I will stay here again. The room was very clean. When staying anywhere one of the first things I usually do, is pull the bedspread off the bed because most of the time they are dirty. I was quite suprised at how clean this one was. When I called the front desk and asked them for extra towels they brought them right to us. My only complaint was that there was only 3 small pillows on the bed. I'm sure if I had asked they would have given us some more. I was very pleased

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

My husband and I travel from Nashville to Savannah for business and also my family lives there, we have tried other hotels in the area and none are as comfortable as Savannah Lodge, Sam and his wife are wonderful people, who will do what it takes to make your stay a pleasant one. We travel alot with our pets and it is so nice to know that they are as welcome as we are. The rates are very reasonable and the rooms are very clean. We love to visit once a month or more.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2007

This was a great little place to stay, the owner, Sam and his wife were wonderfull people. We had asked for a refrigerator and microwave in our room, well they didnt have any left so while we were at work the next day he went out and bought them and had them in our room before we got back. The rooms were old and out dated but still comfortable, the service and rate were very good... will go back again.,

• Liked — The outstanding Service...
  • Disliked — It was an older motel that needs to be updated.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Savannah Lodge? Share your experiences!