“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grey Gables Bed 'N Breakfast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rugby
Grey Gables Bed 'N Breakfast Inn
You added Grey Gables Bed 'N Breakfast Inn to your Saves list
Highway 52, P.O. Box 52, Rugby, TN 37733   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Rugby B&B and Inns
Salem, Virginia
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Room was clean. Beds comfortable. Food was amazing. Every bite all of us ate was wonderful. Hostess accommodates special needs, allergies, etc. Handicapped friendly, BUT there are small steps into home, out to main dining area, and into shower (6") that would be difficult if truly wheelchair bound. Not great for small kids as Victorian décor means lots of breakables everywhere. We managed to keep our toddler from breaking anything, but had to be ever vigilant. Nice place. Nice people.

Room Tip: Explain what is important to you and what you like to eat. Wonderful stay will follow.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Linda J, Owner at Grey Gables Bed 'N Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for telling others about our Grey Gables Inn. It is a pleasure to have families at our Inn. We take your words with appreciation. Know you and your family are welcome to come again. My regards and thanks for choosing Grey Gables. Linda J

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This place feels like home from the time one ascends the stairs to the spacious front porch where cats of all colors and sizes laze about in the sun. Our room (Tiffany) was very spacious and had a unique king size bed made from two antique 3/4 beds with a connector matress. We enjoyed the walk-in closet and the large tiled bathroom (private) with a skylight. Our hostess was warm and accomodating. She also cooks delicious meals. The best thing about the visit for me was the evening dinner in the formal dining room set with ruby glass and crystal. This was the first time I had seen linen covers over the goblets before they were filled. Very nice! I was there for a workshop but had time to tour the historic village just one mile from the inn. I highly recommend including that experience with a stay at the Grey Gables. My one suggestion to the hostess would be to add a second reading chair in the bedroom.

Room Tip: Most rooms are upstairs but there may be a couple on the first floor if additional stairs are a prob...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda J, Owner at Grey Gables Bed 'N Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. Please know there is a matching being repaired. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I look forward to your return.

Linda J
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

What a spectacular time we had at Grey Gables. The hospitality, warmth, and incredible service were unmatched. The delicious food was all homemade and absolutely scrumptious! The Victorian Inn is nestled in a historic area of Rugby, which was so charming and took me back to times gone by. I highly recommend Grey Gables to anyone looking for rest, great food, and southern hospitality. Linda the proprietor of the inn is very welcoming. She shared many of her culinary skills and creative storytelling which I found very amazing. The rooms are all beautifully decorated with a Country Victorian flavor . There is a varity of things to do.. We visited the historic town of Rugby which was settled in 1880 by a British Christian socialist reformer. The tour included a one room school house and a amazing Library which house many books from the 1800's Tennessee offers many options for fun and recreation. Relax and refresh in the rural area of Nature's Splender or head for the Big South Fork River Recreation I hope to visit again soon. Loved this Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Linda J, Owner at Grey Gables Bed 'N Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure and privilege to have you at Grey Gables. Please come again. Linda J
Asheville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Last fall we finally made our way to Rugby, TN, an amazing village we'd long planned to visit. We stayed at Grey Gables, a mile or so out of the center, were fed royally, enjoyed the use of the lounge, were delighted with the owner Linda's recommendations (especially about seeing the park, home, grist mill of Sgt. York and the incredible Scott County museum and "hands on" school). Linda made us feel at home, with gourmet meals, and very comfortable space. We'll be there again in a week or so.

Room Tip: We stayed downstairs, enjoyed lots of space.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Linda J, Owner at Grey Gables Bed 'N Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
It was a joy to have you with us again at Grey Gables. I look forward to your return. And, I do appreciate you being here. Linda J
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

A great little Inn situated just outside Historic Rugby. The inn is nestled amongst the surrounding forest. The ambiance is a throwback to a time when life was simpler. The food was fantastic as well.

• Stayed October 2012
Carthage, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I am really getting the urge to pack my bags and head up to Rugby now that I am writing my review.
I love the Grey Gables! Linda is the best cook everrrr!
On our last stay we didn't actually stay with them but came in for Dinner which was amazing!
I've stayed here quite a few times and I'm always finding myself wanting to stay longer which is unusual for me. I am the type that wants to go home after 2 nights tops!
Love the small country store owned by them just down the road as well. You gotta take a look inside if you stay there or anywhere else.
I can't say that I have any thing at all that I didn't like about the Grey Gables and usually I have at least one :)
The Almond Tea! you must ask for the almond tea. You get a choice of two but when given the choice choose the Almond! You won't regret it!
Quite, relaxing, comfortable beds, lovely/gracious hosts, amazing food, lots of sights to take in,,,, it's a great place.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Madisonville, Tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

While out riding our motorcycle we stumbled across historic Rugby,Tn. We found out about the Ghostly Gathering and made reservations at Grey Gables B&B. Grey Gables made the trip to Rugby that more enjoyable. Our room was clean,warm and beautiful. The owner Linda Jones was a gracious hostess that made everyone family. The food was absolutely Delicious and in Abundance!! Our sharing guest were all delightful. We are already planning another visit in the Spring to view the Spring flowers and to tour more of this treasured little town and to stay at Grey Gables.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Grey Gables Bed 'N Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!