“Simple country people doing what they love!” 5 of 5 stars

423-272-4448
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Rogersville
Knoxville
“Simple country people doing what they love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I passed by this place 4 months never giving it a second glance. boy was I wrong! I was created on a Saturday morning at 11 a.m. by the owner. I explained I had never been there before and he suggested the pulled pork sandwich. I ordered a large pork sandwich and a sweet tea, it came on a grilled and buttered bun with homemade chips and hush puppies. the hush puppies were like cake, they were wonderful . the pulled pork was Smokey buttery and so tender, probably the best pork I have ever had. Great place!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kingsport, TN.
“A very nice surprise in our own back yard.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I had seen the P&C several times in passing down Highway 11W, but never gave it a second thought until my wife saw an article on it in the Knoxville paper. We gave it a try this past weekend and stopped by at 2:00 on a Saturday afternoon to find it pretty crowded for that time of day. We were greeted and seated promptly,and our orders taken. We got an appetizer of 10 smoked wings and split a brisket sandwich with chips. I couldn't begin to tell you how good the wings were. Sweet, smokey, charred up a bit on the grill, and there was no need for any ranch or bleu cheese. The brisket sandwich was moist, tender, smokey, and served with some delicious homemade chips. There are several sauces available, and I had a hard time choosing, so I just put out some of each in my plate.

I'm not going to go into detail on the other items on the menu because it's something you really just need to check out for yourself, especially the sides. I believe I could make a nice meal out of the sides alone. My advice would be to give them a "like" on Facebook so you can get their daily specials (and this isn't a BBQ only joint by any means), and with any luck, I'll be able to go back when the special is the "burnt ends". All in all, I'm glad we found this place. A bit out of the way for us, but worth every mile.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Big Stone Gap, Virginia
“Yum, Yum, Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Ordered the pulled pork, cole slaw, and Cowboy beans. Everything was absolutely delicious!! I put extra sauce (which was sitting on the table) on my pork making it even tastier. The meal comes with endless hushpuppies and great service. They serve steak, fish, pork, and even salads. The prices are great. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great bbq”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love their pulled pork sandwich with smokey BBQ sauce. They give you plenty to eat. People are so friendly and price is reasonable.

Visited October 2012
Kingsport, Tennessee
“More than BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I live in Kingsport but travel around East Tennessee. I stopped in yesterday to give it a try. I am glad I did! I had their southwest chicken salad with a southwest chicken egg roll. It was incredible. I decided to take home some ribs and briskett to the family...again the food was incredible, this is even after a 45 minute drive home. The briskett was tender and the ribs fell off the bone! I would highly recommend eating at Pig N Chick to anyone. The pricing is fair and the plates are full.

• Visited October 2012