“Not going back...” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ripley
east TN
“Not going back...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2008

We have stayed at the Count Hearth twice before and it was nice, the building clean and great staff. There has a been a change of ownership and you can tell. The building was falling apart. The door to our room didn't lock correctly. The hairdryer has exposed wires. The staff was less than plesant or helpful.

We visit Ripley about once a year and we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mobile, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2006

I traveled to Ripley on business for an overnight stay and was pleasantly surprised at the Country Hearth. The front staff was very friendly upon check-in, even giving me the choice of floors. My room was clean, with adequate towels. There was shampoo, coffee, coffeemaker, cups, hairdryer, soap, etc in the room. The complimentary breakfast was not as diverse as say, a Hampton, but looked fresh. The only improvement I would recommend would be fresh milk instead of powdered creamer. Otherwise, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2006

The Inn was in great condition. It however was very expensive for how little it had to offer. There was no swimming pool so this would not make a great family location. When we first entered our room we noticed that we did not have towels of any kind. Our mattress also looked a little discolored but who's isn't?

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
Clarksville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2006

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! Our High School Team stayed on March 30 through April 1, 2006. I have nevered stayed where a hotel did not have enough towels for their guest or toliet paper. It was an awful experience. The hotel looks nice and is clean. The employees are nice also. But they told us that the towels had been stolen and the owner would not buy new ones. The hotel was full for those 3 days. I went to Wal-mart and bought towels for my family. My dad asked for the packs of coffee because they did not put any in his room when they cleaned and they said they didn't have anymore. This place should be closed down. The owner is scrimping to get by. I had a toliet stopped up and told them at 2pm and told them I would be out of room for the next 4 to 6 hours due to games. I returned at 10:30pm and nothing had been done. The guy at the desk told me the maintenance guy was gone and I would have to wait till the next day. I told him we would continue to use it then. He came to my room and handed me the plunger. I told him it wasn't my job to plunger and he said it wasn't his either. I have never stayed at a place like this before.Reservations were not held for our group which was made 3 months out. DO NOT STAY HERE!!! I AM GOING TO WRITE A LETTER TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE.

• Stayed March 2006
daysinnripley, Owner at Country Hearth Inn of Ripley, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
we change new managemant give us one chance to serve you .

AMIT CHAUHAN
OWNER

Been to Country Hearth Inn of Ripley? Share your experiences!