“GREAT EXPERIENCE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Armour's Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Boiling Springs
Armour's Hotel
You added Armour's Hotel to your Saves list
321 East Main Street, Red Boiling Springs, TN 37150   |
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“GREAT EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Our vacation started out from St.Pete Fl where we live, our first stop was in North Carolina then to Tennessee. When we got to Red Boiling Springs we stayed here which was only to be for one night. After my boyfriend found out about the mineral bath and massage he surprised me with we were staying one more night and set up an appointment for the bath and massage which was outstanding. From the first moment we walked into Armour's til 5 days later we were pampered and treated like royalty. We were so drawn to this place and the family that owns it. I have never met such wonderful people. I highly recommend this for any type of vacation. Absolutely FABULOUS!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: anyone hard to decide they were all beautiful
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cookeville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We planned a weekend in RBS. The Armour hosted an old fashioned ice cream social to raise funding for the Historic Bank museum plan. We also had our first group meal at the Armour. What wonderful folks. They were friendly and told stories about the town's rich heritage. It was delicious. Fried chicken and country ham, fried apples and fresh veggies. They will also schedule massage and steams and sulphur water hot baths.

This was a fun weekend. We had great family meals, toured the motorcycle museum, went to the Red Barn Winery and enjoyed a dinner theater. It's a fun weekend just plan something at all three great historic hotels. We lunched at RBS Hot House BBQ just past the site of the old Palace Hotel. Get the shoulder...it's to die for. RBS is a step back into time. Walking, talking, laughter, porch rocking and Great Food!

Armour is a Beautiful hotel. It's like a museum. Thanks for taking such great care of my friends. Even scheduling our meal later so we could all travel from Cookeville. Thanks & great job making your guests feel so welcomed!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We didn't stay at the Armour's Hotel on our trip to Red Boiling Springs, but we ate there! We had one of the best meal I have ever eaten. Family style service with mounds of fried chicken, country ham, and fresh vegetables. The staff was friendly and saw to our every need. (It's family owned and operated). Can't wait to return! Thanks

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We first saw this B&B less than a year ago when we passed through this area. Immediately I wanted to stay but they were full. We said we would return someday and we finally did.
We stayed for just one night but I would recommend staying at least two.
I was attracted to the downstairs outdoor porch with all of the tables and chairs. Make sure to check out the porch upstairs as well. It's just as nice with porch swings on each end. I particularly liked this porch in the evening. They have lights strung around the top. I might recommend a couple reading lights so that you can read up there at night.

Each room has a different theme such as safari, John Wayne, presidents, etc. We stayed in the rose room which was the only room in the house with a king bed. We loved our room. The rooms aren't large but are cozy. We thought our room could have been improved with a new ceiling light fixture. The shower was very small and could have used a little updating.

The upstairs hallway is full of cozy couches and chairs and they have lots of books to share with their guests. They also have some games lying around to play. There is a swing in the side yard,a gazebo, a horseshoe game, and there's a hammock out back.

The dinner is extra at $14 per person and was well worth it. It was delicious and included fried chicken, ham, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, coleslaw biscuits, and chocolate fudge cake a la mode for dessert. Dinner is usually served at 6 pm but since there was a large party coming in for dinner at 8 pm, they asked us if we minded eating at 8. I didn't feel like we could say "no" but we were starving by the dinner time...and 8 their time was 9 our time. It was a little late for dinner but still very good! I definitely recommend their dinner.

Breakfast is included in your stay. We had biscuits and gravy (& chocolate gravy), scrambled eggs, hash browns, and fruit. It was a tasty and filling breakfast.

They had a baby shower group in the dining room that joined the guests for breakfast. I found this to be a bit odd. At least the shower didn't officially start until breakfast ended. However, after the shower ended, all of the shower guests came out on the front porch, sat and smoked. I would have been pretty annoyed about this as a guest except we were leaving. I would highly recommend to the owners to make the porches non-smoking. Smoking seemed to be encouraged with ashtrays around the porches.

The B&B also offers massages and mineral baths. There is a motorcycle museum next door. A stream and walking path parallels the street in front of the hotel. It is a quiet little town and a great place to relax for a couple of days. We didn't make it to the winery but there is one that was recommended that was within 15 min.

Although I do think there's a few things they could do to improve the stay for the guests, we really enjoyed our time there and plan to return in the fall.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in a room upstairs. I thought the upstairs had a cozier feel!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We visited the B&B last week just on a tour of the area. The owner showed us the entire hotel and told us of the work they had done and what they have plans to do in the future. She was so nice and friendly. She told us of some of the other attractions in the area that we could visit. We plan on going back to stay for a couple nights in the near future. She even showed us the kitchen where she prepares the meals and it was immaculate. Definetly on my bucket list! She gave us a brochure with prices and it is very reasonably priced.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Newark, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Me and a buddy of mine were traveling through the area and checked in at this bed and breakfast. It was a beautiful place that made you feel like you were back in the 20s. I had an amazing stay and was treated greatly by everyone. The food was perfect!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Mount Vernon, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The Armour's Hotel was highly recommended to me by a friend and I stayed for two nights. In every respect, my stay was fabulous! Hard to say which I enjoyed the most---my clean cozy room and comfy bed---or the Emery's wonderful hospitality---or Debbie Emery's sumptuous cooking. I will definitely come back again !!!!

Room Tip: I enjoyed staying in the wedding suite---very roomy & comfy---
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Armour's Hotel? Share your experiences!