“An outstanding Southern tea room!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 43 Restaurants in Powell
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Knoxville, Tennessee
“An outstanding Southern tea room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I've been to many tea rooms around the South and this is one of the best! This would be perfect for a Red Hat Society lunch. My friend and I were among the youngest here but this appeals to both young and old. They are only open Monday-Friday so it's difficult to get to if you work. We just happened to both be off on this particular Tuesday. It was well worth it.
I had the Chicken Pecan Quiche and it was a delight to the taste buds. It came with 2 sides-I picked salad and deviled eggs. Salad was fresh mixed greens with raisins, an asparagus stalk, carrot and tomato. Very good and deviled eggs were good also. We both had the special iced raspberry tea-not too sweet and a nice change from plain iced tea. I also had a piece of coconut cake-yummy!
The ladies that work there are all very nice and the decor is whimsical and feminine.
It will be hard for me to get back there as I'm well below retirement age and not a "lady who lunches"!! I wish they'd open on Saturdays!!!

Powell, Tennessee
“Charming and Fun ...Girls' Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a great little tea room. The food is good,tasty and original. More of a girl's place to go and have the "tea room experience." Always a good place to go for lunch.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Powell
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The chicken pecan soufflé is the best thing I've ever eaten! The tomato basil soup is great too! It is very busy around noon, so go around 1 pm. You will love it!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Delicious food with southern charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

My daughter and I ate lunch at this very quaint restaurant. The raspberry tea was perfect. My daughter's favorite soup is tomato, so we made sure to order it. Lulu's "Tomato Dill" was the best soup either one of us has ever had. We were equally pleased with the entrees. Whether Chicken Salad Croissant, Spinach Quiche or Turkey/Swiss Wrap, all were served in a timely manner and tasted delectable. We topped off our luncheon with the chocolate cake. It was equally exquisite.

It was fun to view all of Lulu's uniquely decorated rooms in her 2 story antique house. The Elvis room has vintage memorabilia. My favorite is the pink and green "Tea Party" room.

We will definitely be returning for another memorable visit.

Killen, Alabama
“Wonderful food experience and ambience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

We have visited Lulu's when visiting family in Knoxville. Chicken salad a favorite and any dessert is amazing. Look forward to going there again.

Visited January 2014