“I don't like to eat a buffet meal, but...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 43 Restaurants in Powell
Cuisines: American
Corydon, Indiana
“I don't like to eat a buffet meal, but...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I dropped in for a quick lunch while driving through Knoxville. When I arrived I saw a huge buffet that looked enticing. After looking at the menu, I quickly realized the buffet was my best bet. Two or three staff were on hand at all times cleaning up the smallest spills and guarding the food from contamination like a mother hen. The salad bar was attractive and well stocked. For a soup I had the potato (sorry Dan Quayle, still no e) and it was delicious. For the entree, they had several choices, I had the broiled fish, green beans, corn, and mashed potatoes with gravy. Each of the items was awesome. For those that would prefer hamburgers or hot dogs with french fries, that was available too. I finished my lunch with some jello, although many delicious choices were available, I resisted the temptation and did not partake. When I returned to my table from getting my entree, my salad plate had already been whisked away without my even noticing. The same happened to my meal plate when I went for my jello.
I recommend this location because it appears to be well run, clean, and a great value. The entire buffet with delicious iced tea was under $8.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Powell, Tennessee
“$60 mistake”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was simply shocked by the bill. 4 people, 2 hot/salad bars, two orders off the menu... 4 drinks 60 bucks!... I can take my family to a much better restaurant and only spend $70 or so. Shoney's is no longer a value.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“I eat here every week.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My brothers and I have breakfast there every weekend, I like to stack my plates, it drives the waitress nuts..lol.. The waitress and very nice, fun & cut up with us all the time, it's kinda like being at home with sisters... Food is aways hot, fresh & a lot of it.. A Very good dinner buffet as well, no fuss. Love it, love it, love it..

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Bay, Canada
“Great service, very close to the Super 8”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Very good dinner buffet, no fuss. Went in for breakfast the next morning. Waitress was very helpful answering some questions we had about the area. Breakfast was great, we ordered from the menu.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
knoxville
“Best place in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Love everything about this place . Great food for the money..
All u can eat bars etc. Always a number one place to go!!! Have no dislikes.Thanks

Visited April 2012