“Not sure where the good reviews stayed...it could't have been here.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites Knoxville I-75 North

Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Powell
northern michigan, USA
“Not sure where the good reviews stayed...it could't have been here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were dirty, furnishings dated...even the shower curtain was badly frayed. Not near up to par for a country inn and suites. Worst of all, the quoted a rate for the reservation and wouldn't honor it later. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
cispowell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Knoxville I-75 North, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. Your concerns have been heard and we will take the necessary action and make the needed improvements

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

As usual with all Country Inn and Suites motels, you pretty well know that you're going to get good consistency with clean rooms. That's all I usually ask and this motel fulfilled this. One can tell that the motel is getting older with yellowed sinks and older decor in the rooms. Still, overall, the motel is in good shape.

The breakfast the next morning was good, but the area in which it is served is rather cramped making you feel a little closed in and claustrophobic. Sadly, it was still somewhat dark out when we were up to leave on our motorcycles and my wife was taking off her GPS unit when she heard something fall off of the holder. Unfortunately, the night lights had already gone off and when we asked that they be turned back on, the only response we got was that they were on timer and it was not to be messed with. For goodness sakes owners, TRAIN your people to help your customers. We never did find the piece despite the use of a very weak flashlight they gave us.

Otherwise, our stay here was nice and a plus is that it was close to some good selection of restaurants,,,chains that they were, they were still good and we had an excellent meal and walk afterwards that evening. I would recommend this to anyone not wanting to pay an exorbitant price for a motel, but wanting a clean safe environment.

Room Tip: Away from elevator and ice machine.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
cispowell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Knoxville I-75 North, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I would like to apologize to you on how the staff treated you, there customer service response is not acceptable. The sink and other areas of the hotel are planned to be replace soon.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This was the place we have stayed at in many years. We travel fairly often. The staff was friendly, courteous, and helpful.

The breakfast was tremendous. Best continental breakfast we have had. They had scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, and sausage.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

Dickson, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Very clean hotel, every things was perfect. Staff was very friendly, easy access to interstate. Rooms are very large, Internet was fast, pool was good, nice breakfast, cookie were awesome. Overall everything's was perfect, even we had enough choice of television channel including HBO.

• Stayed August 2012
cispowell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Knoxville I-75 North, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your nice comments regarding your stay with us. It is always so nice to hear from our guests..we take great pride in knowing your stay was pleasurable.

It is our hope you will visit us again soon.
Arab, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed here with a discount for being part of a wedding party. The lady at the front desk was friendly, efficient, and very helpful. Check-in for three rooms was quick with no problems. While it wasn't new or the most updated place it was clean and had all the amenities advertised. Most important to me are cleanliness, comfort of beds, good plumbing with a correctly working shower head and good water pressure, a good breakfast, and a friendly and efficient staff. This place had all of those things plus more. The breakfast was very good with scrambled eggs and the best sausage links I've every tasted, hash brown potatoes, Belgium waffles, and all the other usual fare. I wish all hotel rooms provided plug in night lights but this one did not nor did it have shower caps in the bathroom but these were minor inconveniences. Overall we were very pleased with our rooms and service and enjoyed our brief stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always wonderful to hear that our guest found our hotel accommodating and we hope to have you visit us again soon.
ASHLAND, OHIO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this place using our gold points while traveling between N.C. and Ohio JUST to get some sleep after driving all day. Did I mention the "Free" part? It's a good thing too. Our room was on the first floor, #107 I believe and upon entering it on an 80 + degree evening the room smelled musty and the AC was off. There were numerous cobwebs in the room leading one to wonder if it hadn't been used in quite some time. My wife was surprised by an earwig crawling on her arm as she lay in bed watching TV. This of course grossed us both out wondering what others might be lurking in the cracks and crevices. Needless to say we didn't get much sleep that night. Thankfully it was complimentary. Breakfast sucked! Avoid this hotel on your travels.

• Stayed July 2012
cispowell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Knoxville I-75 North, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at our hotel.

We will pass along your concerns to all the correct departments.

Sincerely

Dipal Patel
GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed here for one night on June 17. For this trip--Wisconsin-DisneyWorld (via Carolinas) and back (via Atlanta)--we were staying in a Country Inn or Radisson hotels on almost every night of the entire trip save Disney. I'm a member of Club Carlson and was cashing in points to lower our per night charges by spending down the points balance. In Knoxville, we'd hoped to stay closer to the Tennessee Smokies (AA Minor League) stadium, but this was the best locale and price. Beds (2Q) were comfortable and the breakfast was standard Country Inn fare--adequate, but unspectacular. We were greeted promptly and courteously on check-in The kids are programmed to look for the cookies all Country Inn lobby areas--no issue there. Would stay here again if ever passing through Knoxville.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
cispowell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Knoxville I-75 North, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your positive experience with us. Guest feedback is a vital part of our success. We thank you for choosing our hotel and hope to see you back soon!

Been to Country Inn & Suites Knoxville I-75 North? Share your experiences!