“We won't even book a room with these folks!” 1 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Powell
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“We won't even book a room with these folks!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were trying to plan a trip to Powell. One member of our party is interested in getting some sun. We attempted to call to inquire about the pool, but the employee on the phone was so dense we hung up in absolute frustration. They would not answer questions unless you gave your dates of travel. You could not understand his attempted English, and he simply would not answer our questions. This short attempt at a conversation made our choice easy... Holiday Inn Express it is!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sam P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Knoxville, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Aimee,
Thank you for taking the time for a review for our hotel. I apologize on your communication issues but I am concerned as we do not have anyone that works at our front desk that speaks in "attempted English". Since we have no employees that fit your description I would like to get further details on your attempted reservation. If you have a moment, please call me at 865-938-5500 so we can discuss. We have never had a complaint like this and I'm afraid that you may have spoke to a agent or 3rd party that does not represent our hotel.

Thanks and have a great day!
Sam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mansfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed one night at this location on our way home from Macon, GA. After driving through pouring rain and backed-up traffic, we were very happy to check in at 11pm and go straight to bed. The next morning we came down refreshed and had a hot breakfast before we hit the road again. This is a newer facility so everything was nice and clean and the price was affordable. Will stay there again if we are back down that way.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Sam P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Knoxville, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your positive experience with us. Guest feedback is a vital part of our success. We thank you for choosing our hotel and hope to see you back soon!

Have a wonderful day!
Trenton, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

What they don't tell you is if you use a discount coupons for a night stay at one of their hotels, they do not give you your points even though they accept your choice privileges card. I learned the hard way and just want to make everyone aware of
their practice. I always stay at a choice hotel to earn points toward my next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sam P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Knoxville, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time for your review. I apologize on any misunderstandings on earning Choice Privileges points for your recent stay. You are correct in that if you stay not only at our hotel but any other hotel with a discounted rate that is over 20% that stay is not eligible for the CP point promotions. This should have been explained to you at check in and if it was not then I apologize on this over site.

Please contact Cathy at our hotel 865-938-5500 and we will do what we can so that you get your points for this stay.

Thanks and have a wonderful day!
Battle Creek, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I made a reservation to stay at this hotel during a recent trip to Savannah, GA. We were driving from Michigan and the Powell/Knoxville Area seemed to be a logical point to take a rest on the way down. The hotel is located right off of I-75 and is very easy to get to. There are also a number of restaurants nearby.

Upon our arrival at the hotel, the desk clerk checked us in with no hassle. We were given a room at the end of the hall on the third floor. Unfortunately, when we arrived at our room after checking in, the housekeeping staff was still in the process of cleaning many of the rooms on that floor and had not yet made it to our room. The door to our room was standing wide open, and the bedding was stacked in a heap on the bed. It should be noted that to was almost 3:00 pm. I don't know if the housekeeping staff was behind or what. Anyway, one member of the housekeeping staff saw us standing in the hallway in front of our room, and immediately came over and apologized for the room not being done. He said they would get it done quickly and we would not have to wait long. My wife waited in the hallway while I brought the bags in from the car. By the time I had returned to the room, the housekeeping staff had finished up and my wife was waiting for me in the room. The room was neat and orderly. The linens were changed and we had new towels and such, the trash was dumped and the sink and toilet had been cleaned, but it was obvious to me that it had been a "rush" job. Still, the room was satisfactory and we had no problem keeping the room.

The next morning we had breakfast in the breakfast room. There were waffles, a variety of cereals, biscuits, eggs, sausage, gravy, rolls and some fresh fruits,along with milk, coffee and juice. My only real complaint -- the gravy was "lukewarm" and thin. The lady servicing the breakfast room was very attentive and kept things neat and clean, and topped things off regularly.

Anyway, a nice place to stop for the night. A convenient location; the hotel staff is friendly and courteous; and the rooms are comfortable. The only reason I did not give the hotel a better rating was the fact that our room was not completed prior to our arrival (shouldn't the desk have been aware of that???), and the sausage gravy was runny and lukewarm. Still, I would have no problem recommending this hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sam P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Knoxville, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thanks for your detailed review of our hotel! We love to hear feedback from our guests and I'm happy you had a nice stay at our hotel during your trip to Savannah.

I apologize that your room was not ready at check-in and our gravy wasn't thicker and hot, we will take those comments back and will review them with our staff.

I hope the next time you head down from Michigan you stop by our hotel again, we would love to see you again very soon!

Rochester Hills, Mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

It is our stop on the way to Florida. This was our third stay and everyone has been excellent. It is newer, the location is right off of I-75 and near several very good restaurants. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. Excellent breakfast. One of the best Comfort Inns that we have stayed at.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thanks you for your repeated business and for taking the time on a nice review of our hotel. I'm happy you noticed we are one of the best Comfort Inn's that you've stayed at. We take pride in our hotel and are a Platinum Award winner 3 years running (top 3% of the brand).

We look forward in seeing you again soon!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I recently stayed here on business trip to Powell, TN and enjoyed the comforts of this property. It is a great location, right off of Interstate 75, with shopping and restaurants close by. The staff was very friendly and helpful in recommending an AWESOME Italian restaurant within a short drive. I will definitely stay here again when I have business in the Knoxville area.

This is a re-post of a previous review that I deleted because I was incorrect when I stated what interstate it was on.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your review! We love being called a "Great Hotel". We look forward in seeing you again the next time you are in Knoxville!!

Monroe, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed in Powell because there was no vacancy anywhere in Knoxville, but I'm glad we did. Took us only about 15 minutes to get to the UT campus. This Comfort Inn is close to many restaurants, including Chick-fil-a, as well as grocery stores, medical offices, and a 24-hour drug store. The rooms seemed new, beds were comfy. Check in and check out was very quick.

What kept me from giving this hotel 5 stars: The front desk clerk told us breakfast on Saturday morning was served from 6-10, but at 9:30 there was no more waffle batter, the danish/breads case was seriously depleted, and the juice was room temperature. The only man I saw in charge of the breakfast went outside to smoke after he put away a crock pot (wonder what had been in that? gravy?). Yes, I guess I should have gone down to breakfast earlier, but I thought we'd still be able to get a waffle. My kids were a little disappointed.

Overall this is a nice hotel, and comparable to hotels we've stayed at on Kingston Pike and Strawberry Plains areas of Knoxville. Will consider again next time we're in Knoxville.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sam P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Knoxville, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thanks for taking the time for your detailed review and for the great comments and feedback. I agree our location is great with Knoxville just minutes away and many restaurants and shops nearby.

I apologize on our breakfast staff, our breakfast time is from 6am to 10am and I expect our staff to keep that breakfast fully stocked until 10am. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will make sure that this does not happen again in the future.

I look forward to your next stay with us the next time you are in Knoxville!
Sam

Been to Comfort Inn Knoxville? Share your experiences!