“Great motel and location” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Powell
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester Hills, Mi
“Great motel and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

It is our stop on the way to Florida. This was our third stay and everyone has been excellent. It is newer, the location is right off of I-75 and near several very good restaurants. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. Excellent breakfast. One of the best Comfort Inns that we have stayed at.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sam P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Knoxville, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thanks you for your repeated business and for taking the time on a nice review of our hotel. I'm happy you noticed we are one of the best Comfort Inn's that you've stayed at. We take pride in our hotel and are a Platinum Award winner 3 years running (top 3% of the brand).

We look forward in seeing you again soon!
Sam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I recently stayed here on business trip to Powell, TN and enjoyed the comforts of this property. It is a great location, right off of Interstate 75, with shopping and restaurants close by. The staff was very friendly and helpful in recommending an AWESOME Italian restaurant within a short drive. I will definitely stay here again when I have business in the Knoxville area.

This is a re-post of a previous review that I deleted because I was incorrect when I stated what interstate it was on.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your review! We love being called a "Great Hotel". We look forward in seeing you again the next time you are in Knoxville!!

Monroe, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed in Powell because there was no vacancy anywhere in Knoxville, but I'm glad we did. Took us only about 15 minutes to get to the UT campus. This Comfort Inn is close to many restaurants, including Chick-fil-a, as well as grocery stores, medical offices, and a 24-hour drug store. The rooms seemed new, beds were comfy. Check in and check out was very quick.

What kept me from giving this hotel 5 stars: The front desk clerk told us breakfast on Saturday morning was served from 6-10, but at 9:30 there was no more waffle batter, the danish/breads case was seriously depleted, and the juice was room temperature. The only man I saw in charge of the breakfast went outside to smoke after he put away a crock pot (wonder what had been in that? gravy?). Yes, I guess I should have gone down to breakfast earlier, but I thought we'd still be able to get a waffle. My kids were a little disappointed.

Overall this is a nice hotel, and comparable to hotels we've stayed at on Kingston Pike and Strawberry Plains areas of Knoxville. Will consider again next time we're in Knoxville.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sam P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Knoxville, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thanks for taking the time for your detailed review and for the great comments and feedback. I agree our location is great with Knoxville just minutes away and many restaurants and shops nearby.

I apologize on our breakfast staff, our breakfast time is from 6am to 10am and I expect our staff to keep that breakfast fully stocked until 10am. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will make sure that this does not happen again in the future.

I look forward to your next stay with us the next time you are in Knoxville!
Vonore, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this Comfort Inn. It is relatively new and has been kept up very well. The first time we were on the first floor and this stay we were on the 3rd floor in room 300 which is at the end of the hall. It was very quiet both times we were there, so we slept very well. They have a free breakfast which is ok, though I did not eat anything. I just had orange juice and coffee. My husband had the scrambled eggs and sausage which was ok, but unremarkable. The only thing negative is our coffee maker in our room did not work properly. It is a very convenient location also. Our room was very clean. We enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for you nice review and for your repeat business. More importantly I am happy you and your husband had a good night's sleep in a clean and comfortable room. I do apologize on the coffee maker, we will have our staff replace that machine so no other guests will have that issue.

Thanks again and I hope to see you when you return to Knoxville!
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here at the end of the month on our way home from Florida. The lobby had a bowl of cookies for guests to munch on. The check in was super slow. The clerk moved at a snails pace. Everything else was A ok. Clean and quiet just the way I like it. We grabbed some take out at the nearby burger joint and took it to the room to watch March Madness. Good times.

• Stayed March 2013
Sam P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Knoxville, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a comment about your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn North Knoxville. I'm happy you had a good night's rest and enjoyed our home made cookies.

I apologize on the speed of our check-in, we will speak with our guest service agent that checked you in and will offer additional training. I sincerely appreciate your business and look forward in seeing you the next time you are in the area!

Apopka, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We changed reservations from another nearby hotel to this one strictly based on the Trip Advisor reviews. We weren't disappointed. We stayed two nights in late March as we were on a trip during our daughter's spring break to do an official tour of UT. It was spring break at UT, as well, but the weather didn't realize that. We had a dusting of snow both days we were there with temps not out of the 30s. Even though we're from Florida, we didn't mind it as it wasn't causing issues on the road. As far as the hotel goes, we enjoyed it. We had a room with two queen beds that was nice. The heater works fine, but trying to get it just right is a bit tough, but I realize that depends on how you like it in the room. The TV was fine, although it was a flat screen without the HD programming which doesn't take advantage of the better TV. The bathroom was nice, although it took me a little while to figure out how to get the water coming out from the shower. It takes a twist of a ring on the bathtub faucet to activate the shower. No biggie once you know. The wifi worked great in our room, 325. It was very quiet at the hotel as there weren't a lot of people staying there when we were there. The breakfast is pretty good. When we were there, they had scrambled eggs, sausage patties, and biscuit. The eggs were the best of that bunch. They also had sausage gravy, waffles, cereal, fruit, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, etc. It is the second-best breakfast I've had at a hotel where it was included, and the best was at a Residence Inn in Massachusetts at twice the price. The staff was very friendly and professional. The lady running the breakfast room was as nice as she could be. With so few people staying there at the time, she had no trouble keeping up with the food supply. I am sure she does as good a job when the place is packed. All in all, it is a good place to stay and we will likely stay there again when we are in Knoxville.

Room Tip: We stayed in 325, which is right across from the elevator, but had no noise. If the place was full o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your detailed review with us. It's great to hear from our guests and when they had a great stay. We look forward to offering you the same award winning service and features the next time you are back in the area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great stay. Helpful staff and clean hotel. Location is good, close to the freeway. Breakfast is standard fare, but very good and friendly staff. I recommend this hotel. If you like 5 Guys Burgers and Fries, there is one across the parking lot. :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sam P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Knoxville, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel, we really appreciate our guests taking the time to submit a review! We understand there are many lodging choices in the Knoxville area and we are so happy you chose us and that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope you will return to stay with us again if your travels bring you back to Knoxville!
Sam

Been to Comfort Inn Knoxville? Share your experiences!